Important update regarding the UWP PC version of GWENT

+
Reporting the same issues others have said in this thread.

1. Had I known an account transfer feature would be possible eventually, I would not have started GWENT progress on my GOG account (which has several games already, and I'd much rather keep everything on one account, including Thronebreaker).
  2. I split my playtime about 45%/55% between the UWP version and the Xbox One version, yet I'm getting the same error others have when I request an account transfer, stating there is no UWP progress for my Microsoft account.
I truly hope CDPR is able to solve this, as plenty of us were waiting for this day to finally move out of the Xbox umbrella and into GOG's.

Edit: I've e-mailed support already. Fingers crossed something can be done!

So I didn't get an email like it said I would but they gave me a "your account cannot be linked" thing when I tried again. Cool, so can you release the transfer so I can start a new account to transfer it to? Why did you guys have to make this so difficult.

I received a reply from support, but only to say I'd coded the request wrong and to try again.

I also tried the refund route on kegs purchased, but all of my prior purchases are outside the two-week return window for digital purchases. On me, I suppose, for spending money on an unreleased game.

I received a reply from support, but only to say I'd coded the request wrong and to try again.

I also tried the refund route on kegs purchased, but all of my prior purchases are outside the two-week return window for digital purchases. On me, I suppose, for spending money on an unreleased game.
Coded the request wrong? How is that possible... All you're doing is clicking a button to request the transfer? This really is a major fault on cdprs behalf and it's gamers that have already waited long enough who are paying for it.

Coded the request wrong? How is that possible... All you're doing is clicking a button to request the transfer? This really is a major fault on cdprs behalf and it's gamers that have already waited long enough who are paying for it.

To clarify, I coded the support request wrong. Windows Store requests exist both under PC and Xbox One it seems - the latter is the right path: "Xbox One > Windows Store (XBOX Live)".

In trying to submit again, this requires I get a "support ID" to submit, but I no longer can access via PC and if I get to an Xbox to do it there, I'll open up HC and invalidate any chance of being able to preserve some semblance of progress for a disconnected PC experience. Really?

Found this on the official Gwent Twitter page:

"Please create a new GOG account, and make sure not to launch GWENT before transferring."

Guess I'll make a second GOG account... one with 40 of my already owned games including old Gwent (played for 1.5 hours), and one with new Gwent. :cautious:

At least there's an option. Hopefully the transfer works.
Post automatically merged:

Found this on the official Gwent Twitter page:

"Please create a new GOG account, and make sure not to launch GWENT before transferring."

Guess I'll make a second GOG account... one with 40 of my already owned games including old Gwent (played for 1.5 hours), and one with new Gwent. :cautious:

At least there's an option. Hopefully the transfer works.

Hopes immediately dashed... (n)

Capture2.PNG

I don't think I've seen anyone confirm a successful transfer yet, anywhere. I wonder if that's why we're getting radio silence.

I'm surprised tech blogs and the like haven't picked up on this yet.

It's a shame they've given a deadline day for this and seem to be replying really slow to support tickets and haven't put out any official word on why so many are having issues. If anyone manages to transfer successfully please post here so we know the system is actually working.

I tried to update and start the game on my Xbox to see if that could help the system to recognize my saved data but still the same problem :(

Can we please at least have a official statement regarding the issue and if we are still going to be held to the deadline of the 18th

they've changed the wording now to say you cant transfer if you ever played on xbox. this is so unfair to people who no longer have access to an xbox and are now basically locked out of their gwent accounts. this is behaviour i wouldn't even expect from EA or Activision let alone cdpr who have always taken gamers into account. this whole thing is shameful now.

Last edited:
We should at least be compensated by on our new GOG account giving us the same amount of scraps and rank as we have on our xbox gwent account that we can no longer play on a PC

How about it, CDPR? Sounds fair?

Anything less is so unfair. Thousands of hours for nothing. You will lose players if this issue is not taken seriously and adressed correctly.

Btw is a GOG account a requirement to participate in gwent masters? If so then I'm screwed even more...

Does anyone know?

Last edited:
A wording change after the fact. Absolutely brutal. Shady even. Especially when aimed right at the primary reason it looks like most of us were attracted to a Play Anywhere version.

Top Bottom