Important update regarding the UWP PC version of GWENT

+
Yea like: Go ahead and play your xbox gwent on PC. Spend time and money. But for Christ sake don't you dare play with your xbox account on your xbox! Then you will never ever get to play gwent on PC again.

Are you guys serious?

I have been sent emails for this problem and there is still no answer...
I just wonder, when the support Team could contact and help me.

Attachments

• 333333333333333333333333.PNG
    333333333333333333333333.PNG
    314 KB · Views: 111
They just confirmed me this morning that migration is only possible if you didn't play on Xbox One. So in my case I will have to play Gwent on my Xbox... something that is unlikely to me ^^

They just confirmed me this morning that migration is only possible if you didn't play on Xbox One. So in my case I will have to play Gwent on my Xbox... something that is unlikely to me ^^

I feel your pain. I prefer playing on a couch and big screen, but between the rest of the family using the TV, busy weekends, and travel, it's just not possible most of the time. I'll miss Gwent. And that few hundred bucks I stupidly spent on a beta. I might have played on GOG instead with some warning.

Just give us a good amount of scraps, kegs and cards and we will be fine, right? How is this not a good solution in a case like this?

Or do you rather lose players, CDPR?

Come on CD Projekt Red, I'm a big fan of your Witcher series and of Gwent, spending quite abit of money and hundreds and hundreds of hours in the beta since 2016 then to be shunned because I played on Xbox as well? Discontinue the UWP version fine, I've never liked it, I only used it for the cross-play but now I can't transfer the progress over to a new GOG account so I can play on PC?
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys, why didn't you communicate earlier about the transfer? I made an account on GOG and put a few hours into HC to test it out, I've got like 1000 hours on xbox version that I'm hoping to transfer. Can you please wipe my GOG account and allow me to transfer over my xbox account? Please don't let me down guys. I'm a big fan and this xfer is what I've wanted for a long time. Please communicate with me quickly. I want to play the game!

Same here, I'm quite annoyed too, spend hundreds of hours on xbox and sold it to play PC version and also money on micro-transactions (which I've never done before on a game) waiting for homecoming to jump back in and now this announcement.

A wording change after the fact. Absolutely brutal. Shady even. Especially when aimed right at the primary reason it looks like most of us were attracted to a Play Anywhere version.

I know right, we're been punished for the whole point of cross-play? Why would anyone get the UWP version just to play on PC? I'd much rather get a game from the GOG store to support CD Projekt Red where updates are pushed out more quickly plus third party tracker support.

Last edited:
CountGeralt so you actually played UWP on PC and never on xbox? Why not GOG straight away? Ah well I guess I'm just being bitter now... congrats to you!

CountGeralt so you actually played UWP on PC and never on xbox? Why not GOG straight away? Ah well I guess I'm just being bitter now... congrats to you!
They told me via twitter messages that I would be getting a transfer on Monday. I hadn't played on Xbox since before midwinter. I wasnt getting any errors apart from found progress. I had to create a whole new email address to shift it to. Hope that helps somehow.

So you've done it. I was unhappy and a little angry. Now I am really angry. You're abolishing the Xbox Store version, which is the only one i was still planning to us properly, but because I used it on the Xbox too, of course, I can't migrate?

You couldn't do a bigger kick in the face to all the Xbox players. You don't care about the Xbox players at all. Thanks for nothing.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/uwp-migration
*Account transfer is only possible if you didn’t use the same Microsoft account to play the Xbox One version of the game.

Ah edit: On top of this: Even if it would be possible, i couldn't use my gog account with all my games in it, because i have use it to check out the pc gwent version? simply over wright it. You are so incompetent!

Last edited:
So you guys set up conditions for account transfer after
  1. not telling any of your players they would need to transfer to GOG.com ahead of time
  2. having a broken tool that couldn't handle the transfers, and then
  3. you CHANGED THE CONDITIONS without telling anyone hoping we wouldn't notice? This is despicable. (see screenshots below)
And you guys are absolutely failing at communicating.

Are we just screwed from ever getting our UWP accounts over to GOG.com?

@Riven-Twain Are you even going to communicate with us or address our valid complaints?

Acct transfer issue 2 - CHANGED CONDITIONS 12-8-18 combined images.PNG

Agree with the above. Now that UWP is gone I would prefer to switch to the PC version of the game as was originally indicated in the FAQ, but since I actually used the UWP features I am not eligible for a transfer.
Absolutely unacceptable, this must be rectified in some way.

i tweeted pawel burza about people who no longer have an xbox being locked out of their accounts and he replied saying they are looking into it. heres hoping they find a resolution to move everyone to gog regardless if they've ever used their account on xbox or not.

i tweeted pawel burza about people who no longer have an xbox being locked out of their accounts and he replied saying they are looking into it. heres hoping they find a resolution to move everyone to gog regardless if they've ever used their account on xbox or not.
Thanks for that. Glad to hear that they are looking into it at least :)

In my country, Windows store was cheaper buy kegs (I bought 180 when epic and legendary days was on) than gog, Now is even in both stores but i played gwent in gog so i have to make another account :(.

Hi

Is this no longer possible???

BR
Henrik

For me this is a catastrophe. I played 90 percent on Windows store and 10 percent on xbox, and now I can't transfer to GOG because the message says I have no gwent progress on my windows store account (which is the same as my xbox account and where I am rank 0 with 220 k scraps)

I am devastated 😭

I cry all day and night

Last edited:
You're not going to respond to anything but this comment...?

You were asking a question and I answered it. I cannot say much more about the matter. I do not know why the UWP version has been terminated and I also do not know the policies of the Microsoft store with regards of a possible transfer.

You were asking a question and I answered it. I cannot say much more about the matter. I do not know why the UWP version has been terminated and I also do not know the policies of the Microsoft store with regards of a possible transfer.

If I missed your answer to my questions about why Gwent transfer conditions (not Microsoft store policies/conditions) were changed or if we UWP players are out of luck for account transfers, I apologize. I reviewed all three pages of this thread so far and I don't see a response from you on those questions.

To be clear, I did not ask about why the UWP version was terminated. I want to know what CDPR/those in charge of Gwent are doing (if anything) to help UWP players migrate their accounts, or (again) if we are just out of luck.

Top Bottom