Important Update

+
I first posted this elsewhere but posting it here as well for visibility..

have been waiting for this game since moment you have announced it. I have been an active member on the Cyberpunk 2077 forums since 2013. We would often discuss how the game should be, what features and mechanics it should have, what areas it should cover and so on. We would discuss endlessly, knowing you, CDPR would read them and consider them, even if you don't reply. I am not expecting a reply to this either, I just hope you guys still care enough to read it.

So I pre-ordered the game the second it was possible. I didn't even wish to imagine I would be in any way disappointed with it. And for the most part, I don't regret it. But I can't help but be a little disappointed with it. Not because of bugs, glitches and whatnot, I fully expected those. I can't say they are completely wrong, but people who tend to complain about these things seem to forget how buggy the most other highly rated games were at the time of their release. (Some even require fan patches to be fully enjoyed because devs seem to ignore most bugs.) Even though some of them are hardly excusable, given enough patience bugs can be dealt with. What I am really disappointed about is the story bits. It really feels like at some point during development you forgot you were making an RPG game. Even in Witcher games with their preexisting characters had choices that mattered, yet in Cyberpunk 2077 there only seems to be the illusion of choice instead. Even the prologue and endings reflect this. None of the choices we make during the prologue matters. Same events will occur no matter what we do, regardless of our choices. Which would be excusable since you are setting up a story, if only the prologue wasn't so long. It is the same way right up to the endings, of which there appears to be seven of them, yet all of them tastes the same. Which is what got me really upset, seriously, what were you people thinking? Haven't you learned anything from the previous games you made? Haven't you took any notes from the whole Mass Effect 3 controversy? I am half expecting you to shout things like "vocal minority" and "artistic integrity" at this point. I will not be giving away any spoilers, but same "bad thing" we were trying to avoid the entire game appears to happen in every ending regardless of our choices. It is just bad RPG design. Again, I will not give away any spoilers, but you can't say "you can't avoid it because this is how the story goes", if there are no real choices and same bad thing will happen regardless of what we do, it makes the entire game pointless. You might as well take the whole RPG part of it out of the game and put the whole game on a rail. Of all the things you could copy, why did you copy the endings?

But again, this issue is not limited to the prologue or ending. I am pointing those out first to prove a point. Of course, there are choices in the game, just nothing that significant. Even compared to Witcher games. In CP77 most of the time only real choice you get is to do the mission or not. But sometimes even that choice isn't real. I tried to refuse a mission once only to see it appeared in my Journal as "well maybe I will check it out" anyway. I just rejected it for Gods sake. Only choice I get is to reject it and I am not even allowed to do that.

Also, I hate the false sense of urgency in this game, mainly because it doesn't work at all. You are expecting me to have fun and do side missions while that certain bad thing is happening to me? It was the same with Fallout 4, you were supposed to have fun, build stuff and do side missions while you should be searching for your son instead. It simply doesn't work, whole urgency goes down the drain and the entire thing feels incredibly hallow instead.

Romances proved to be disappointing as well, we were promised to have multiple options and they were all going to be fleshed out characters. This proved to be false. As far as I can tell, there is only one option for each sexual orientation and that's pretty much it. You could at least make all romanceable characters bisexual so we could have more than one choice, but no. I can't even count some characters because even if you can have a fling with them, they are usually gone forever after that.

Which brings me to another point. Some characters which should have been more important just appear and disappear forever, you can only see them once or twice and never again. They are interesting enough to be more relevant characters and should have been way more significant during the story, maybe even romanceable characters or companions. It is just a wasted opportunity.

As for other, non-story related issues:
Not to mention it feels like at some point during development you just cut large chunks of the game. Not with a scalpel, but with a chainsaw. Most places that were supposed to be enterable is not, some places you can only visit once, some stuff you can only do once or twice (and on a rail) and there are some stuff that were on the teasers/trailers that are not in the final product. Without going into the detail, you can't talk to most vendors, sit and do stuff on most places or do any of the things you we supposed to be able to do in an open world game like this. I have no doubt some of this content will appear as free DLC's, but I am afraid a significant portion of it will be lost and never see the light of day, which is upsetting at best.

Lastly, some basic customization to weapons and vehicles is a must. We should at least be able to change the color of it. It is ridiculous really, there are places in game that work on cars, but our character is unable to visit them. We can't even choose the color of the stuff our character crafts personally. If the blueprint say it is pink, it will be painted pink, because apparently "V" has to fallow the instructions to the letter even if he/she doesn't like the color of it.

Final words: I still love the game. I am still playing it. I am only pointing out these issues hoping you will fix them.

"We collected money from pre-orders, now we can finish the game. And maybe in February the game will leave the open beta stage." At the same time, RU voice acting is incomplete, but technical support assures that it was intended this way. With this attitude, this is the last CDPR game I paid for. Advertising campaign, hype, NCW broadcasts - it was cool, but you forgot about a little bit - to make a game, not a pre-alpha version!

The game is cool and all but I can't get into it when the flow of everything turns to absolute crap because the aim is so bad. Actually, it's not just bad aim. Literally looking around feels like crap on my ps4 pro.

I'm an avid FPS player so I notice anything little and no it's not like I can't kill anything. I'm not having trouble completing the game but the bad aim makes me want to stop playing because it's so noticeable and frustrating just to shoot.

Dear Developers,

Whatever.

Fix your mistakes, send out your patches, spin damage control... you got your money, but the one thing you can't fix (that you broke) is your fan base. You still have a lot of uber fans, of course. But just like Bethesda did, you were on top and you blew it. Whatever the reason was, you were there at the top, looking down at all the other games, breaking records... and then poof, you now have to make that long shameful climb back up somewhere close to the top. We won't be so trusting next time.
o_O

Of course, they talked about console problems. The game will run well in vain if the quests are also full of bugs. It will be beautiful, just as unenjoyable. Just an example: Delamain, Dont loose your mind. In the end, you should get in a car and drive out of the garage. But all the cars exploded so you can’t drive out, the doors of the building are locked. I'm locked in and I can't get out. Should I start the game over? Higher FPS will not help.

It's good to hear there is a plan in place.

For myself (the only one I can speak for) I can't play the game at all. As you can imagine, that makes me a very upset customer. Should anyone care, the exact repeating issue is a "gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)" report issue. Naturally, I've done my due diligence in following all the troubleshooting procedures suggested by CDPR support. It appears to be a dx12 problem, for which no solution on my end can be found.

This has left me in the position of having to wait on CDPR to patch the game, as the best anyone has been able to determine, the game is calling for a directx12 feature and this process fails. We would assume this is due to issues with the wrapper (thank you Microsoft for making CDPR's job so much harder, you jerks.) but the issue shows up on properly updated windows 10 machines too.

So, the only hope I realistically have for seeing the game run on my machine is that you good folks will patch the problem. I am disappointed that your Q/A failed to discover and resolve this issue prior to launch. But I am wiling to give CDPR an extension of trust on this situation. Your past history affords you such treatment, your reputation affords you this treatment from myself and many others.

The staff over at CDPR are no doubt exhausted from the inevitable rush to release in time for Christmas. I will not ask, nor do I believe anyone should ask, them to miss out on their holidays and family to resolve this sooner. What I do ask is that those who make the decisions about release dates consider the costs to both your team's morale and CDPR's reputation, of pushing a game out when it is not in a proper state of function.

I wish all of you who have worked on this game the best, so that you can rest, recover and return to the task of making the game functional, and eventually improving it, with renewed vigor. Do not take the outrage as anger alone, take the depth of the upset as a sign of just how much faith you have held in the hearts and minds of consumers. Only a very few in CDPR made that final decision to push for this launch, with the game in this state.

When you return, when you are refreshed and have the chance to put in the optimizations, the fixes and the polish that this game should have released with? The current storm of vitriol will be neutralized by your efforts. You have, in effect, asked for two (2) more months, and I am surely not alone in being willing to give you those two months.

Because you told us, because you asked and because you have earned a reputation for delivering when given the time.

Guest 4456526

What's the deadline for the unconditional refund?

Dear Sir/Madam who may concern,

I had Pre-order the Cyberpunk 2077 digital version with my playstation account and play it with PS4 PRO which is facing too many crashing and bug issues. I am planning to get refund with my Playstation version and getting the PC version for better quality and gaming experience.

But Sony Playstation customer service had deny my request because they said they have no policy to refund installed game and also never received any memo or information from sony regarding this refunding case. They are asking me to contact you directly for this refund issue.

Please let me know what kind of information I need to provide and I will send it to you as soon as possible.

BTW, the SONY Playstation customer service is SXXK and his name is ROYAL.

If there are any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you

Regards

So CDPR gets to cash in from overhyping a game then double dip from their inspiring redemption story like No Man's Sky. You guys will all eat this up and forgive CDPR. This won't be the last time this happens, now that No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk is getting away with scamming people I am going to expect many more AAA companies to take this approach. There is literally no repercussions to overhyping a game and releasing it early anymore.

First off, I just want to say I appreciate you guys at CDPR for your continued communication and efforts. The game has had a rough launch and not revealing footage on last gen base consoles was suspicious, but I believe you guys will come through for us. I am playing the game on my PS4 Pro and the only problem I've been facing are crashes. There are some slight frame drops, but for the most part it's hardly noticeable. This is my first CDPR game and I will admit, even though it's a bit unstable, I have been enjoying the game. I have heard and seen so many good things about CDPR as being a consumer friendly company that cares about its fans. I have followed the development of Cyberpunk 2077 for years with much excitement. I believe you guys are working hard and I want you to be the company that I have heard so much about.

Dear Developers,

Whatever.

Fix your mistakes, send out your patches, spin damage control... you got your money, but the one thing you can't fix (that you broke) is your fan base. You still have a lot of uber fans, of course. But just like Bethesda did, you were on top and you blew it. Whatever the reason was, you were there at the top, looking down at all the other games, breaking records... and then poof, you now have to make that long shameful climb back up somewhere close to the top. We won't be so trusting next time.
o_O
The fanbase is very naive. They already won them back, I already see people talking about how the game will be fixed after the 2 patches.. For you to believe that requires you to believe CDPR's word.. and the fact that everyone is going to believe that they will release these 2 patches on the scheduled days AND that it will fix the game shows that people haven't learned their lesson. CDPR got away with this, once January comes and there is no patch or the patch doesn't fix much people will still fall for the february patch. and when that patch doesn't fix the game either, I wonder if everyone here will still believe them.

Edit: If this game could've been fixed in just a month they would've gave it that extra time to do so instead of releasing this trainwreck. It is very naive to think this game is going to be fixed January/February. The only thing I'm expecting on February is for CDPR to make a new promise when they don't deliver.

Last edited:
i hope we get some Free DLC like witcher 3 did,
new missions
new weapons
new clothes
new side activities
new joytoys
a barber shop or plastic surgeon xD

if you not gonna add gwent type minigame, at least add blackjack or poker card game.
i would pay you more money for that if those DLC wont be free

Last edited:
Thanks for the sincerity and keep working on a project that we all really love.

However, please note that it is on all platforms where one of the problems that negatively affect the experience and immersion in the game occurs: the "poor" AI.

We need NPCS, police and traffic to get artificial intelligence. This is what a living city would feel like.

On the other hand, greater interaction in the city is necessary: for example, to be able to use bars and food stalls, benches, chairs, etc.

And finally, a large city like NC needs to activate that train system that is already about to work but was replaced by teleportation machines. This would make the city extremely enjoyable.

Thanks team. I know you will continue to do a good job. And I hope that my opinion can serve to co-pursue the ultimate open world game.

Dear CDPR, I really hope you guys can read this.

I want to begin this post by saying that I love you guys for the games you've made and the honesty and transparency you've proved over the years. I've been with you since The Witcher 2 and since then I followed everything you created, and I honestly think you showed all of us that a different kind of gaming industry is possible.

Now, with all that in mind, I appreciate this message to players, but that doesn't change what you've done in regard of PS4/XB1 versions (PS4 version owner).
I'm not angry because of the state of Cyberpunk, I still find it enjoyable with some compromises.
I'm disappointed because you lied to us and I would have never seen it coming from you. Now, while I can understand what happened from a financial standpoint and the need to cover the production costs of Cyberpunk, what happened has no excuses.
I was watching the PS4 Gameplay trailer vs what I was seeing on my PS4 and I though "I can't believe they deceived us this way".
I trusted you even when I had doubts about PS4 hardware running this game, I trusted you because you gained my trust with your actions over the years, as well as the trust of a lot of gamers out there.

All things considered I, as well as I think a lot of fans, will give you a second chance because I have no doubts that you care about your games, about your products and also about us, your community.
We will patiently wait to play Cyberpunk 2077 in the way it was meant to be played, and it will be without a doubt a masterpiece and a unique experience, just as it was with the previous games, expecially The Witcher 3.

A word of advice: next time you face a difficult choice remember your true self. Be honest, be relatable, be human, be gamers, because you know what it's like to be on the other side, be the CDPR that we love and cherish.
Talk to your community and we will be understanding because we know that at the end of the road there will be a very special game and an incredibly alive world to await us and in which to lose ourselves.

Thank you if you've read this.

Love you guys, a CDPR fan.

Last edited:

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1-min.png
    Screenshot_1-min.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,001
Top Bottom