Important Update

+
First off, you did a great job, you pushed and pushed and told everyone it wasn't ready, and yet everyone wanted to cry until it finally dropped then be mad about bugs. You begged for an unfinished game, you got one.

First time, y'all? FNV anyone?

Great game. You all busted your assees and it shows. Bonus points for having integrity and accountability. Most wouldn't. I hate to see the chunk of money you'll lose to people that take advantage of this, just because they finished or it isn't they're type of game. Glad you gave an option for those truly unhappy, everyone else - grow up.

Grow up? Are you high bro?
I'm barely getting 20 fps on the PS4, not to mention PS2 quality models and textures. The game is literally unplayable on a console that runs games like uncharted 4, last of us 2, red dead redemption 2, god of war, etc. perfectly well.

Even if PC players ask for a refund, it still won't classify as taking advantage of CDPR. This was truly a case of blatant false advertising. By pulling a stunt like this they have burnt away all the goodwill accumulated thus far which is truly a shame.

Apology is not enough.

Saying the game won't be worth a damn until February is just unacceptable. I've seen no indication that this game will ever be in an acceptable state on PS4.

Really disappointed in your company.

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
if you can fix any bugs for past gen consoles that would be awesome since my game crashes so often
Post automatically merged:

I knew they wouldn't disappoint. I've been checking the news section all throughout today. Finally we get some info about what's going on.
I hope that the performance issues will be fixed or at least improved. Until then I'll be playing it best I can. And the community will probably get some stuff fixed before CDPR. But It's always good to have an official patch.
im with you on getting better performance from past gen console

Apology is not enough.

Saying the game won't be worth a damn until February is just unacceptable. I've seen no indication that this game will ever be in an acceptable state on PS4.

At least it'll be worth it at all...

Grow up? Are you high bro?
I'm barely getting 20 fps on the PS4, not to mention PS2 quality models and textures. The game is literally unplayable on a console that runs games like uncharted 4, last of us 2, red dead redemption 2, god of war, etc. perfectly well.

Even if PC players ask for a refund, it still won't classify as taking advantage of CDPR. This was truly a case of blatant false advertising. By pulling a stunt like this they have burnt away all the goodwill accumulated thus far which is truly a shame.
yeah they should've just postponed release rather than making people with past gen suffer the bugs we encounter

Came here to say Thank You to CDPR for being honest and posting this. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro and loving the game, but some of the bugs/freezes/glitches are infuriating. OTOH I remember how great games like The Witcher Series are and I have faith that you can release patches and content that will make everything right. I was lucky enough to score one of the Collector's Editions and I am sticking with the game. While many are calling for refunds, this is NOT a "No Man's Sky" situation where a supposedly AAA game was overhyped and very underdeveloped. I'm playing the game slowly and deeply and really starting to get into the open world.

My personal wishlist items for the PS4 would be:

• 3rd person view--I realize that this is a biggie to program in but would LOVE it especially for combat overview and just seeing how cool my character looks
  • Make it possible to re-map controller buttons--I can't tell you how many grenades I've burned through because I am so used to R1 being mapped to fire/alt fire functions
  • Better menu navigation options, and/or default menu opens to map
Just my 2c. Keep up the great work!

I can't tell you guys how disappointed I am. I bought a new tv to experience this game in 4k and I can't even get 1080p. I don't want a refund I wanted a fantastic game. What I got was SOLD. You've made me feel foolish for pre ordering a product that was advertised to be so stunning and turned out to be laughable. I'm sad CD protekt. Sad and disappointed.
i share your sad and hope they come out with a fix quick

>For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Because the release of this game was coordinated to be out in time for "the holiday season", which includes Christmas, but your cut off date here is listed as the 21st... I have to ask... How does this effect gift copies of the game purchased by relatives, which are currently bound in festive wrapping paper and sitting under a Christmas tree, perhaps along with a console, which have yet to be opened? How are you prepared to address the concerns of users opening their gifts on the 24th or the 25th, if they are not satisfied with their experiences?

Again, I ask this, because of the clearly undeniable strategic release to coincide with the gift-buying practices anticipated in the month of December, due to the proximity of Christmas, and the traditions associated with it, and CDPR's obvious and understandable desire to capitalize on those trends. But if they wish to capitalize on those trends, then there is also a responsibility to see it through, and not close short the window of opportunity for recompense to a time when thousands of copies would still be sitting under a tree, unopened and unplayed.

Not everyone is a "pro gamer" and follows Reddit and forums. Most people only see commercials on television and on the side of buses (otherwise you wouldn't include a marketing budget for those), and thus, believe what you tell them. Those people don't know yet, because they haven't played yet, that they should even be concerned about this.

What is your plan to address those who find themselves in this demographic?

Thank you.

View attachment 11085281

First off, you did a great job, you pushed and pushed and told everyone it wasn't ready, and yet everyone wanted to cry until it finally dropped then be mad about bugs. You begged for an unfinished game, you got one.

Great game. You all busted your assees and it shows. Bonus points for having integrity and accountability. Most wouldn't. I hate to see the chunk of money you'll lose to people that take advantage of this, just because they finished or it isn't they're type of game. Glad you gave an option for those truly unhappy, everyone else - grow up.
lmao the meme is too relatable

The problem that after the bugs are fixed it will reveal how bland the "RPG" mechanics really are
show then? theyre already showing

Gigs aren't working properly at least reginas' aren't. When I come up on a new gig instead of Regina giving me details about the gig she closes the gig I havent even started yet. I dont get any eddies or rewards, but the mission is doable. Once I complete the gig Regina then gives me the detail of the gig like I have not done it. There are 5 gigs in my journal I cant do anything with and I never get paid for them either.

Johnnys' convos get stuck on screen and cant get them to go away. Game is very laggy in a lot of places and while driving anything. Textures take a long time to load.

In some places the game will zoom in like your holding a weapon and aiming when I am not holding a weaon. This makes it very difficult if not impossible to interact with things. I have this happen on the mission where you have to upload a b@d hack in a server. It happened as I was approaching the elevator to start the mission. It has happened at other places but cant remember where.

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.

Thank you for responding. I've waited years for this game. The countless bugs are horrible. I constantly crash or have to force several restarts every time I play it. Please fix this disaster sooner rather than later.

What is wrong with people not seeing the cash grab intentions? This was not a Kickstarter game or a Fund Me game, this is a AAA release we where talking about, many promises were made and almost none were delivered, I already talked to Sony support and they say that since I've already downloaded the game I can't ask for a refund, what am I supposed to do?

only a naive fool believes they released this early cause of the pressure of the consumers lol. The game had so many pre- orders already they would not release it if fans burned themselves alive on the street because of another delay.

The only reason for the "early" release was the xmas business and pressure from the shareholders I assume.

The game is obviously not finished and while they will improve it no doubt, certain aspects are probably unfixable at this point without delivering a whole other game.

watch this CHARLIE'S (greaseball) video, he talks what could be improved in CYBERPUNK2077 qnd also about the stuff that should be developed! I expected the game of the decade! Pls don't let us down😔

Hey, Pc performance is rlly bad and unstable on middle and low-end pcs, even on some high-end ones.
There are not even implemented settings for antialiasing.
If 1060 6gb is enough for high in this game presets are quacked then.
System req is very misleading for now.
The game is buggy, hell personally get 2 bugs just in my character creation... guys common.
Witcher was great thoo xF
Cheers.

Last edited:
View attachment 11085281

First of all, CD Projekt was the one who decided on the release date. They could've just told everyone that this game will be released at 2021, and everyone would have been fine.

Instead, they wanted the game to be released in PS4 as well as next gen console, so they decided to release it in 2020 before everyone switched to the next gen console so they can sell the game twice.

Regarding the delayed release date, they pushed it to before Christmas so everyone will buy it in the holiday season.

They aimed for an unrealistic schedule for their sales figure and failed to meet their goal miserably. Thats it.

THIS WAS CAUSED BY CD RED SO THAT THEY AN SELL MORE COPIES

WE DIDNT

Humbly

I love how, even in the appology, PC gamers seem like an afterthought. It's almost like, PS, FU2.

Apology is not enough.

Still not gonna be worth a damn in February. They haven't announced fixes to the PS1-era AI, lack of gameplay depth, or anything else wrong with the game besides its performance.

Dear gamers,

Humbly

i was disappointed when i first tryed playing this on a xbox one but lets all be honest the guys at CD got forced to crunch where recieving death threats then they release the game and its still got multiple issues but they are owning it in these trying times and trying to make it work

I just came by to drop a line that I really believe CDPR has earned a great amount of trust with it's gaming community. That said I have faith that going forward CDPR will work out whatever issues have made themselves known at large post launch, and will continue to deliver the excellent service to their customers as they have in the past. Here's to you CDPR and if you need any help with anything and are reading this. Send me the deets on the net choomas.

Top Bottom