Important Update

+
Thanks CD, I am enjoying Cyberpunk a lot, the game is amazing, and it's great that you guys will fix the bugs. I wish the best for everyone working on this great game, I know a lot of whiny spoiled gamers are saying bad things, but the game is amazing. Thanks for all the hard work, wish the best for the team.

Still would love the promised nudity. The game feels very tame compared to what was promised and anticipated. Would love the working train system eluded to. The npc AI feels as bad or worse than Skyrim.. Not exactly ground breaking. THat all being said... The core game has so much love poured into it thus far that you can literally feel it. The work done so far is amazing. Needs more work. EDIT: and I do not mean "needs more work" in the form of DLC..

Yeah, we need 3rd-person view and a lot more nudity. Also, the promised "gender customization" isn't really there; NPCs address you explicitly as male or female; there should have really been a 3rd gender available as well as more genital mods IMHO. Still enjoying the game though. And yeah, trains/public transport rather than transportation kiosks would have been great.

Not 1 mention of the horrendous state of the gameplay, the (promised) missing features, the ai, the overall empty feeling, the non existing background story variations, the non auto driving cars,...,.... i could write a whole book i think and i am into the game like 15 hours...
i rly was looking forward to this game and was like: ' no problem you delay, its good take your time to finish...'
now we got this... so dissapointed and moreover fuck you for lying sooooo hard on us. cdpr is dead for me, only reason i dont give it back cause i stupidly preorder on a sale on cd key site. (was the first since years and will be the last ever)

Last edited:
I find it more than a bit ironic that a game that so pointedly screams about the excesses of corporate culture and consumerism, releases a game that exhibits everything that is so wrong about it.

Releasing the game in the state that it is in for console users does not look like a mere mistake, or oversight, but a blatant money grab. One that apparently worked, as presales alone have already guaranteed this game makes a profit. Well played.

For those people telling users to stop complaining about "last gen" consoles, let's remember this: When this title was first announced the Xbox One and PS4 WERE "next gen". So it's not unreasonable to assume that this title should have been developed with the capabilities of these two consoles well known.

It's almost as if the PC branch kept adding more bells and whistles to help their buddies at AMD and NVidia to sell more video cards. At least CDPR didn't make Ray Tracing hardcoded into the game, forcing us to all buy RTX or equivalent cards.

I will patiently wait for CDPR to fix this game for the console, but must add my sense of frustration and disappointment.

I don't know what management was thinking. I don't know why all of the sudden focus on PC and Next Gen console, while leaving the majority of your customer base feeling like neglected red headed step children.

No one EXPECTS, this game to look the same as it does on PC, Xbox System X or PS5. But what we DO EXPECT is that this game look like it was developed for this platform and not some lazy third party port.

Xbox One and PS4 users expect a game that looks like it was written for those platforms. Hopefully CDPR will make good on that issue. After all, they had 8 years to deliver it.

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.

How come Sony will not issue refunds? They are denying everyone asking for a refund. Seems like you have not thought this out at all.

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
Let's lay down a list of what was promised to us but it was found missing from the game.

- AMAZING AI that directs enemies during combat/patrol but also citizens and npcs' daily life ( https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbk4ap )

- wanted system and corrupt police (https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/)

-Immersive police involvment changing with the area where you commited the crime (https://www.usgamer.net/articles/cyberpunk-2077-producer-details-law-enforcement)

- in general, way more interesting combat and hacking (
). Some examples are the ability to use your wire to hack people (
), hacking reveales information about the network, more interesting viruses to upload, more loot from hacked devices.

- more interesting gameplay, for example: trauma team that plays a key role, freequent flying avs, ads that target the player point to the merchant that sells that product, merch could be pre-viewed before purchase (Source:
and
) NOTE: this section is by far the most oversimplied one. There are a number of minute key things I am not stating in this thread because I don't want to dilute it too much.

- Strong RPG elements (https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077...aying-experience-than-the-witcher-3-says-dev/)

- NPC unique daily routine and AI (https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7304...cs-will-have-unique-daily-routines/index.html)

- Quest decisions will have relevance in the world (https://onlysp.escapistmagazine.com/cyberpunk-2077-changes/)

- Meaningful day and night cycle (right now it's just cosmetic and doesn't impact the gameplay): Exploring Cyberpunk's Night City with CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamereactor

- Incredible character customization during creation / in-game (https://gamecrate.com/cyberpunk-2077-boxing-power-weapons-militech-spider-robot-and-more/23426 and https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation/)

- Use of drones for more than just some missions in the game (https://gamecrate.com/cyberpunk-2077-boxing-power-weapons-militech-spider-robot-and-more/23426)

- three different lifepaths and more that would actually have more impact than what we are getting now (Wall running and metro system are not the biggest thing to be cut out from the game. Its the plot : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

- to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design (https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/09/12/cyberpunk-2077-lifepath-system/)

- Nanowire and gorilla arms have a lot of different uses that are still in the description of the item (https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1153684171606450178?s=09).

- Runs very well on last gen consoles (source NOT needed)

- The game will launch when it's ready (source NOT needed)

- Variety of braindances instead of it being just few cutscenes (can't find reference, please link)(so far videos like this https://youtu.be/ToWfeUEAeeQ?t=1167 point that braindance is a cool mechanic but they never said we'd be able to purchase and use the braindances on our devices and all. I don't feel this is a broken promise, rather an aspect of the game that we would love to have had implemented).

- Challenging weather system that would pose a threat to your survival (https://www.windowscentral.com/cybe...ain-and-other-deadly-environmental-challenges)

- At time of writing I haven't finished the game. However sources say there are very very few options for ONS and/or deep romances (this article summarizes what was expected https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-everything-about-relationships-romance-and-sex)

Features that were initially promised but later announced to have been removed:

- Properties purchase and customization options (https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/9bu0d5/purchasable_apartments_confirmed/)

- Transportation system (Promised but then removed https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-wont-show-subway-travel/z41f9d)

- Scaling walls (https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-wall-running-mantis-blades-cut)

- Vehicle customization (https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cyberpunk-2077-wont-have-vehicle-customisation-aonab8e3yY6b)

-u/SpikeCraft on Reddit

I have to say if we don't get what was promised and advertised above, we will never think of CDPR the same way again.

I am extremely happy with and very proud of what you all have accomplished here! Wow doesn't even begin to express. I'm running this mind blowing creation of yours on an HP Spectre laptop at 1080P and over to much delight. I've noticed Geforce Now doesn't even make the game look better than me just running it locally. My suggestion to the many folks repeatedly complaining.. get a PC of you want to thoroughly enjoy this masterpiece! PC's have ALWAYS been for the true gamers since the late 80's who dearly desire and thoroughly enjoy pushing the boundaries of how gorgeous a game can look/perform. Yes I have an i7, 16gb of ram, a 4gb dedicated Nvidia card and SSD but guess what? No complaints here after over 30 hours of gameplay. I'd imagine my girlfriend would prefer it not be so enjoyable but I can't imagine any other drawback. Kerp up the very amazing work team and thank you so much for this!!!
Wow great suggestion, let me just go spend upwards of $800USD on a pc to play a game, in the middle of a pandemic, don't see anything wrong with that logic. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

Awesome, so everyone could expect next week that the all keybindings are fully customizable ?
You still haven´t even acknowledged that error (600+ replies to it), which keeps a great part of the PC community from playing your game in the firstplace. (Yes, yes I know, manual edit the configs, or mod the hell out of it - but that can´t be the solution for this)
What would be the worst thing that could happen, if you release the keybindings for free assignment to all ?
Players with no problems will just continue in their layout - all others get finally a chance to play it for the first time.
Even if it crashes because of some strange keybindings, it will be still so much more Game then we currently have (which is 0 - 2,5 Mins played).

So man/woman up on this error, give us a small but valueable present for the X-max Tree and let us expirence your game (for that we already paided handsomely).
If nothing happens anytime soonish here, I will be very tempted to get back to the refund option.

Last edited:
I am extremely happy with and very proud of what you all have accomplished here! Wow doesn't even begin to express. I'm running this mind blowing creation of yours on an HP Spectre laptop at 1080P and over to much delight. I've noticed Geforce Now doesn't even make the game look better than me just running it locally. My suggestion to the many folks repeatedly complaining.. get a PC of you want to thoroughly enjoy this masterpiece! PC's have ALWAYS been for the true gamers since the late 80's who dearly desire and thoroughly enjoy pushing the boundaries of how gorgeous a game can look/perform. Yes I have an i7, 16gb of ram, a 4gb dedicated Nvidia card and SSD but guess what? No complaints here after over 30 hours of gameplay. I'd imagine my girlfriend would prefer it not be so enjoyable but I can't imagine any other drawback. Kerp up the very amazing work team and thank you so much for this!!!
Quite unhelpful. Not everyone can afford a PC strong enough to run this. If it even runs in the first place since the PC version has its own performance problems.

Welll - Sony (PSN) still refuses to issue a refund after I requested it twice (once before this statement and once after). Both times PSN refused to refund because "I already downloaded the game and played it on my base PS4". Played is a bit of a stretch because CP77 on my base PS4 keeps crashing every 45-60 mins (yes - even after 1.04 hotfix). I sent an an email to the address CDPR posted in their statement hoping they can help me out with the refund, but haven't heard back from them.

Anyone receive a response from CDPR after sending an email requesting help with their refund? I'm so bummed that my holiday break won't be spent playing a game I thought would be AMAZING and GROUNDBREAKING. Instead it's just broken... and I can't get a refund. 2020 ftw!!

Dear gamers,

Humbly

I was gifted Cyberpunk 2077 from a friend, pre-release, pre-loaded it, and finished it when it went live.... only to find out it wouldn't launch on my PC. I went through all the Troubleshooting steps for Steam and the CDProjektRed pre-launcher, and it still wouldn't launch.

Then the news came through a day later: it turns out that it won't play on older motherboards/CPUs that don't have AVX information processing capability. You see, I have kept my PC, and upgraded parts of it over time, but the motherboard wasn't part of that.

So is there a planned, non-AVX compatibility patch? Or am I going to have to buy a new PC/CPU-MB to play your game? Super disappointed that your game appears to be the only one in existence that doesn't work for older MB/CPU systems. Typically, two versions are offered, in the event that they do(a few Virtual world browsers come to mind)with greater resolution and refresh options, but I've yet to see a game that didn't take into account that some people may be playing on computers made before 2011 and incrementally upgraded.

I'd love to know if this is going to be resolved, or if this will just get to collect dust until I get a new PC.

Thanks.

Heyho Its been awhile that i have played a singleplayer openworld game for hours in a day.. I honestly don't mind the bugs its funny.. they will be fixed eventually..
I have i7-6700K with 2080 ti & 16 gb ram.. it should handle the game smoothly.. as of now i get fps dips around the cities that bring my fps down too 30-45. no raytracing on.. dlss on quality ( zero fps change ) when i switch too auto-balanced - performance etc.. not all parts of the city.. some places i get 60-80 fps.

So i will just patiently wait for a nice optimization patch i am not far into the main story. right now enjoying the beautifully crafted openworld..

kind regards
VK

Last edited:

Dear gamers,

Humbly

I'm glad you guys have spoken about what's going on and have confirmed you all are working on fixing the game. I knew you all would, with so many people buying the game, you kinda have to, but I'm glad non the less. I do have hope that you all will make the game better on last gen.

Honestly though, after confirming it runs surprisingly well, and then not letting anyone see or even play the console versions before hand; I don't have the same level of trust or faith in you all. No hate to anyone at the company, I'm sure everyone worked hard and I think there is a great game under the plethora of issues, but I have to wonder what your thoughts were of the ps4 and xbox versions before release?

This was the first game I ever pre-ordered and I am of course disappointed, but I won't refund it, I'll wait for the updates. I don't expect the game to look anything like a high end pc version but I do hope it runs smoothly at mostly 30fps with less pop in. I don't even mind if it's less populated I just want it to be stable, so I can experience the game as it should be experienced.

To everyone who worked hard at cdpr I hope in a few months when the game is better that your hard work will be recognized. Happy holidays and merry Christmas I hope you all get to spend time with your loved ones and aren't crunching all the way through the season.

Hello,

I play on PS4 which has many issues but the game itself is very good :) I like the story, the city and the missions in it.

One hint which helped me and the game became a little bit faster was a PS4 database rebuild.

I like to think that the rushed version we got was co-developed by Bethesda, and CD Project Red is working on the proper update we're supposed to get later that will fix everything and make the game look better.

The game is a mess, but I bought No Man's Sky when it launched and didn't return it, so I can do the same for Cyberpunk.

Saw this on the feed and honestly no need to apologise. Both fans of projekt reds games and I'm assuming the higher ups on developing the game issued for it to be released before it was ready. And with covid going on it's no surprise there's some issues and bugs on launch. But I mean look at skyrim and hell even witcher 3. Both buggy on launch day but are seen as amazing games. I'm loving cyberpunk, even with the bugs it has I can see great effort shining through even more in this masterpiece of a game. Keep it up projekt red 🤙

I beat the game in 59 hours and I'm still playing it but I really enjoyed the game. some of the glitches and stuff is funny so I don't mind it I'll just enjoy the ride of improvements and updates.
Definitely excited for the DLC and add-ons I am hoping that there will be a DLC for like the aftermath of the endings for the romance partners and stuff. Definitely want to see v and Pam continue the relationship to Nevada hehe. Thank you for making a great game

Top Bottom