Important Update

+
Ex-employees, investors, gamers... it seems it would be far easier to compile a list of people who are not dissatisfied with the current CDPR.

I'd place my bet on a former employee or a disgruntled gamer. I'm old enough to remember well the Half Life 2 leak. Turned out it was true and it was the works of a single German kid, a fan of the series even, who was angry at the company for the repeated delays.

Investors are not interested in a stock plunder.
I think a Furious Fan would like to make damage (in leak info) not negotiate anything
Ex-employees - good point! Maybe have there been layoffs in CDPR? And a ex-employee would have access or info about CDPR systems

Well, they can then lose their virginity when getting "pwned" in the can.

I've never understood weak people in a weak position attempting power plays. It has never worked... First of all, if these nerds were worth the shoes they're in, they wouldn't be making such ridiculous moves as targeting video games. This screams amateurism, which means they will get found & dealt with if the target decides not to give in & go to authorities. This puts their whole position in quick sand.

As for some kinda psyop, highly unlikely... They'd have to be the dumbest people in the world. The timing is way too fresh off the Cyberpunk release which is still too current in controversy. It would be exposed super quick and then they'd have far worse issues than before.

A former employee is also too easy to expose and I'm not sure any ex cdpr employee is disgruntled enough to potentially throw their entire life away when they could just move on and get a job elsewhere.
These aren't hormonal teenagers who can't see a life past the age of 17.

What if there was no hack, and it is just a publicity stunt to get sympathy from people?
(there is no contact info on how CDP can contact the hacker).

That's what many people are starting to think and I'm partially into that too.
Should it proved to be true then the employees will get all my sympathy.

msxyz

Forum regular
Investors are not interested in a stock plunder.
There is a stock option called 'short' that will pay premium in case the stock value falls below a certain value.
In the past this option was created to incentive people to invest in risky ventures (and even before global stock market came into existence, in the age of sail bankers already offered something similar).

Anyhow, I believe an hacker, and former fan of CDPR, as the most probable culprit.

Well, they can then lose their virginity when getting "pwned" in the can.

I've never understood weak people in a weak position attempting power plays. It has never worked... First of all, if these nerds were worth the shoes they're in, they wouldn't be making such ridiculous moves as targeting video games. This screams amateurism, which means they will get found & dealt with if the target decides not to give in & go to authorities. This puts their whole position in quick sand.

As for some kinda psyop, highly unlikely... They'd have to be the dumbest people in the world. The timing is way too fresh off the Cyberpunk release which is still too current in controversy. It would be exposed super quick and then they'd have far worse issues than before.

A former employee is also too easy to expose and I'm not sure any ex cdpr employee is disgruntled enough to potentially throw their entire life away when they could just move on and get a job elsewhere.
These aren't hormonal teenagers who can't see a life past the age of 17.

All the great revolutions in history disagree with you :coolstory:

Well. I'm still pissed of at CDPR for delivering this unfinished mess of a game, but this is just disgusting.
Good that you managed to restore the data and I hope the perps get their assess handed to them by law enforcement.
Seriously, all we want is the game to get improved, not some stupid hackers or enraged inverstors trying to make a profit...

Some of the comments on here are as saddening as the news that they've been robbed. And many of them seem to project the predilictions of the forum members themselves, but no surprises there by now. Good luck resolving this CDPR, what a total ballache for you.

I'm Something of a hacker Myself :howdy:

2.png

I don't want to point fingers and it may just be a coincidence seeing as many big companies use Perforce, but... maybe someone who works for Perforce Software is selling server details, user names and passwords to these cretins.

Last edited:

Guest 4520369

Sad news today, I feel for the programmers and artists behind the scenes. With CDPR under active investigation by local authorities, I doubt they would attempt any kind of public deception with a false hacking claim. But that's just my .02

While I hope that it will not cause any serious legal ramifications to CDPR - it would be really interesting to see inside information regarding the development proccess (actual reasons for censorship in the game + information on cut content)

Top Bottom