Important Update

+
I'm sorry but I just cannot feel any sympathy for this company, they made their coffins with the release of CP2077. A lot of people, myself included are not happy with how they released the game.

You are not happy with the game so the company that made it should die, the inevitable consequence of which involves compulsory redundancies, the leaking of personal, private and confidential information which can affect future employment and the publication of which opens them up to targeted personal attacks?

What is wrong with you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Otherwise, a part of me feels like this is justified in a way. Despite how harsh that may come across for some. They knew what they where doing, hence making their coffins.
They released a buggy game so they deserve to get doxed?

FFS if you don't like the game get a refund and realize that you are not owed anything and the fact you are pissed by the game it's your problem and no one deserves to be punished this way because of this.

Man what terrible news

CDPR dont deserve this at all, they are a games company that makes a few mistakes not the goddamn government.

These hackers are just scummy low-lifes who have nothing better or more productive to do with their time. I hope CDPR dont give into their demands and tackle them head on with the appropriate law enforcement

Hopefully this will all be over and done with soon!

I'm sorry but I just cannot feel any sympathy for this company, they made their coffins with the release of CP2077. A lot of people, myself included are not happy with how they released the game.
So long story short, news like this does not really surprise me. Assuming it was done due to the events of CP2077.

If not then, I still cannot feel any sympathy but I do hope that the whole customer data breach is not true. Customers do not deserve this and if anything that is where my sympathy is being placed.

As someone else already mentioned it would be interesting to see CP2077 leaks of what may of been or could be in the future, anything we don't already know really.

Otherwise, a part of me feels like this is justified in a way. Despite how harsh that may come across for some. They knew what they where doing, hence making their coffins.

Assuming this is all true of course, with CDPR who knows. They seem to have a habit of lying out their @sses these days...
I'm sorry, but I see such view as very very disturbing. Sane people knows, that there should be hard line between RL and gaming ... sadly, exceptions to this exists.

So long story short, news like this does not really surprise me. Assuming it was done due to the events of CP2077.

If not then, I still cannot feel any sympathy but I do hope that the whole customer data breach is not true. Customers do not deserve this and if anything that is where my sympathy is being placed.

As someone else already mentioned it would be interesting to see CP2077 leaks of what may of been or could be in the future, anything we don't already know really.

Assuming this is all true of course, with CDPR who knows. They seem to have a habit of lying out their @sses these days...

No one deserves to be doxxed for it (assuming the game was the motivation for this hack).

Last edited:
It is unbelievable this even needs to be said but for the avoidence of any doubt:

Breaking into a privately owned computer network and stealing data without consent is a criminal offence.

So if you don't want to be seen condoning criminal behaviour, start thinking about what that means before you say something stupid on the internet.

What would it mean for you if the business you work for gets hacked and your HR file becomes public? Your criminal record (if you have one), your social security number, bank details, confidential medical history (some proof of which is required to explain absence from work or the inability to do something at work). All the ways that information can be used against you and how it can be used to destroy your life.

You can be unhappy with the company and disatisfied with the product they sold you but there is a way to handle this without resorting to criminal behaviour. As a consumer, the most powerful thing you can do is withhold your money. As a society we don't dox each other when we don't get what we want and it would be a pretty shitty world to live in if that was ok.

Last edited:
Clearly not. That security vulnerability is related to the game not the company's private computer network.
This hole existed at some point in their internal builds. If the hacker(s) used it to install a hacking server, then we should be made aware of that too.

Film quote quiz. When you assume you make .... fill in at your leisure.

Not sure if cdpr deserved this, cause EA or other companies have done a lot worse. unless it was internally done...
Ea would deserve every bit of something like this. Cdpr? This is one major mess up imo while ea has been doing it and ripping customers off for decades.

Too much paranoia in this thread :oops:

They were hacked, so what? The same happened with Naughty Dog, Capcom. Shit happens. No reason to worry for users, other than possible spoilers to future products

Reading that

mbrto

Forum regular
makes me sad that some people go out of their way to destroy the hard work of others.
reminds me of the half-life 2 leaks.
i hope all those responsible will be held accountable.

please dont discuss any specifics when they get leaked, not here or on any other platform.

A hack like this really sucks for the guys on the ground now scrambling to find what's actually been taken and fixing it. I feel really bad for the actual workers of the company who have been twisted and squeezed over the last year or so.

However, something seems off. We can almost say we know no personal data was taken, great! For me however it comes down to what they were looking for in there. Whatever it was rocked the guys at the top of CD, maybe some unsavoury internal mails, or maybe even pre warnings of the games imminent catastrophic launch. NOW tin foil hat time. If this is the case and they have those internal coms, it proves CD knew they were releasing a 'bad' product, well, remember those lawsuits? they aren't lawsuits anymore they're settlements and ones that could bankrupt the company with the Polish Gov. on to them too. I really hope you are the company that you guys said you were or this could be swirling the pan time.

It's traject what happened and I am sympathetic and I know at the current moment it's not good timing but I really hope this doesn't set back any future updates/patches/hotfixes that they have planned. I mean they did say they had backups but how up-to-date are they?

With as much animosity towards the company from the masses I can't say I didn't see something like this happening to them.

Top Bottom