Important Update

+
Do you think they would damage their stock, panic shareholders and falsify police reports in order to delay a patch?

I don't think so.

They may do it for not paying that Polish Gov fine they would get slapped with if they missed them though. Not really falsifying anything if the hack actually took place though.

Again, this is only very bad if they found something on those servers that was very bad for CD. If they are the company they claim they are, they don't have much to worry about other than a security issue which can be resolved.

Do you think they would damage their stock, panic shareholders and falsify police reports in order to delay a patch?

No, not strongly, but I didn't think they do half of what they've done already so... What are good reasons to go public with this though? Personally, I think it's another indicator of systemic incompetence. However; I'm pragmatic, and the timing is uncanny.
Post automatically merged:

this is only very bad if they found something on those servers that was very bad for CD. If they are the company they claim they are, they don't have much to worry about other than a security issue which can be resolved.

Not entirely. It would depend on where the vulnerability was and if/how much customer data was acquired. If it has anything to do with Cyberpunk, unlikely, and all of their customer's information has been compromised; then this goes from Mass Effect Andromeda to Anthemx10. In that case; Anthem could brick your console, Cyberpunk could brick your life.

So when is DLC coming out ? I am still waiting for more content here. I didn't cared even a little about getting hacked. I would buy the game again if i had to and about stocks; everyone heard Gamespot, there is nothing to be afraid of. Good luck and Best wishes to CDPR family . I hope big patch won't be delayed :sad:

Dear Forum Members!
I have a question.
My gog account is linked with Twitch.
If I change my gog password, what happens with my linked Twich?
Thank you for your answer.

Not entirely. It would depend on where the vulnerability was and if/how much customer data was acquired. If it has anything to do with Cyberpunk, unlikely, and all of their customer's information has been compromised; then this goes from Mass Effect Andromeda to Anthemx10. In that case; Anthem could brick your console, Cyberpunk could brick your life.

I agree, and I don't think they actually got any personal data. I'm wondering if they have proof CDPR knew how bad this game was before release. Or of forcing their devs to work outside EU regulations. That isn't a game issue that is a company issue, and a bad one at that with 2 lawsuits and government monitoring on the table.

Good on you CDPR. I had clients who payed ransom against my Companies Advice. Their Data still got leaked or they received faulty keys.
Paying them encourages them to go after others. Best bet is to hold the fort so to speak and prepare the legal, Media team for any damages the leaks cause and inform law enforcement.
Got to check your backups also before restoring them. Could be that whatever they used has been lurking around silently for a while. Some of more complex ransomware operators wait a long time before attacking to make backups reduntant.

Dear Forum Members!
I have a question.
My gog account is linked with Twitch.
If I change my gog password, what happens with my linked Twich?
Thank you for your answer.

I don't think it matters, they aren't integrated platforms so shouldn't make a difference. I would imagine Twitch has vastly greater cyber security nowadays being an Amazon company so your stuff should be safe regardless.

Away for a few days and wow... Things keep happening. Shit is piling up. I hope CDPR pull through.

Guest 4375874

Also, I'd give myself the benefit of doubt. The message left honestly seems too childish, I don't think that an hacker capable of breaching a big company internal system would be interested on leaving any trace, especially without telling exactly what the agreement is.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually an "inside job", CDPR victimizing itself to recover some sort of players support.
But who knows, right?
However, If I was an honest and transparent company I would have nothing to fear.
Are you serious? Comments like these and on twitter are why this game should be for Adults only. Maybe they should have stuck with different rating, less sales sure but at least the demographic would be more mature. This is terrible no matter what your thoughts on the company or the game launch. It's illegal and every gamer should be outraged and condemn this.

Message left by blackmailer reveals few things:

1. This has nothing to do customer rights. It says contact us or else, actor is after money and nothing else
  2. Actor refers to gaming media. Gaming media is sensationalist clickbait that makes stuff up if that generates more ad revenue. If actor had anything of real value, actor would use legal authorities as a threat instead
  3. It's perfectly possible for criminals to not realize that their plan cannot succeed to begin with. That's why they end up in jail, they are failures on multiple levels. Yet, it's possible that real target here was CDPR stock value, which had risen a lot since December

From customers point of view, nothing was gained here. Situation add more complications to CDPR which may or may not influence when patches and additional content (DLC) becomes available. Attack like this doesn't contribute towards a better product and end user experience by any means.

Attack has created situation which generates more speculation among end users, that doesn't contribute towards better product / end user experience.

I do hope CDPR removes any possible element condoning and / or endorsing criminal activity from this community. That kind of discussion doesn't contribute anything constructive regarding product end user experience.

Last edited:
From customers point of view, nothing was gained here.
Customers will be able to find out how the company actually treats them, whether CDPR actually knew about the state of the game before release, what was eventually cut from the game, when the game turned from an rpg into an action-adventure, and so on.

Customers will be able to find out how the company actually treats them, whether CDPR actually knew about the state of the game before release, what was eventually cut from the game, when the game turned from an rpg into an action-adventure, and so on.
Didn't I wrote about pointless speculation?

There are proper authorities on that already, click bait media blows anything out of proportion for the sake of ad revenue if they can get away with it (and they always can't), not customer rights.

But we will see, as CDPR has made it clear that they won't bend.

Guest 4375874

No

If you have something that is eyes only, top secret, sensitive, etc. you NEVER EVER PUT THEM ON THE CLOUD!!

You put them on local computers, not connected to the internet, and only people with proper authorization can have anything to do with them. If they are on any network, they will be internal network with zero physical link to the internet.

In fact in the machining business, if you are machining something that has a NDA attached to it, you do NOT use Fusion 360 to generate toolpaths. Because Fusion 360 is a cloud only software, meaning everything you do on it is on the cloud, as the software is meant for collaborative work, so what you make is shared so others may be able to improve on it. Kinda like open source software. Making parts using Fusion 360 is enough to violate any NDA.

I don't care how secure some cloud provider is, they are on the open internet, it WILL get hacked. So if it's important information that will damage you if it gets out, then it stays on paper, on closed network, or on no network, and strict access control for who sees them or has access to them.

The military doesn't put stuff on clouds, neither should anyone if they have private info that they don't want out there.

At the very least the data should only be on closed network accessible only via specialized VPN.
How are you comparing the military in this scenario? That's far off, these are developers that mind you most likely had to transition to remote working due to the pandemic. There are a number of vulnerabilities that could have arisen over the past year for several companies not just CDPR. It happens, hopefully the individuals responsible are caught.

Not sure if cdpr deserved this, cause EA or other companies have done a lot worse. unless it was internally done...
I'm 61 years old and I've played games my entire life. I can tell you that the release of CP 2077 WAS the worst release at least in my lifetime. None of the other games that have been mentioned come anywhere near close to this hot mess.

CDPR's lame excuses are insulting and embarrassing. The fact remains THAT THEY KNEW FULL WELL WHAT THE STATE OF THE GAME WAS PRIOR to release, and they've stated as such. That's all anyone needs to know in order to make that determination.

I'm hoping that in light of this, and other recent game releases, that pre-orders are once and for all done away with. All it does is give game companies free reign to release games in this state and it has to stop.

I'm 61 years old and I've played games my entire life. I can tell you that the release of CP 2077 WAS the worst release at least in my lifetime. None of the other games that have been mentioned come anywhere near close to this hot mess.

Mmmm, I don't know about that. Perhaps you feel that way, I don't, but the facts don't play with this take well. Fallout76 and Anthem seemed to be, as the people who didn't buy in figured, contentless cash grabs rushed out the door. Cyberpunk has content, it has story, it has mechanics, it has a realized world, it has intriguing characters, etc. All of these things are broken in their own way, but they are there, and the gun play ain't terrible.

Funny. I couldn't play the Wasteland 3 at all for 2-3 weeks because certain place in game, not only caused game to crash but corrupted saves.

Cyberpunk 2077 I started playing on day 1 and finished with 1.06. Didn't need to take breaks to finish the game to wait for patches, they patches improved my experience.

But that's not the topic here. In topic I'm not sure I get you. So are you saying that illegal hacking somehow improves the situation for us end users?

How are you comparing the military in this scenario? That's far off, these are developers that mind you most likely had to transition to remote working due to the pandemic. There are a number of vulnerabilities that could have arisen over the past year for several companies not just CDPR. It happens, hopefully the individuals responsible are caught.

There are secure ways of remote work, none of those involves putting information on the cloud. Such as vpn (which is exceptionally secure) with two factor authentication. When you put information on the cloud, you are trusting a third party to keep your information secure, which they have little to no incentives to. After all legally once you entrust your information to a third party, unless they signed a NDA they are free to do with it as they please.

If a cloud service did sign a NDA then CDPR can sue them for failing to secure the information...

But usually NDA would prohibit putting any such information on the cloud as it would be considered disclosure.

Mmmm, I don't know about that. Perhaps you feel that way, I don't, but the facts don't play with this take well. Fallout76 and Anthem seemed to be, as the people who didn't buy in figured, contentless cash grabs rushed out the door. Cyberpunk has content, it has story, it has mechanics, it has a realized world, it has intriguing characters, etc. All of these things are broken in their own way, but they are there, and the gun play ain't terrible.

Holly guacamole I had to do a double take to see if it was actually you posting.

Are you ok?

Do you want to talk? :D

Funny. I couldn't play the Wasteland 3 at all for 2-3 weeks because certain place in game, not only caused game to crash but corrupted saves.

Cyberpunk 2077 I started playing on day 1 and finished with 1.06. Didn't need to take breaks to finish the game to wait for patches, they patches improved my experience.

But that's not the topic here. In topic I'm not sure I get you. So are you saying that illegal hacking somehow improves the situation for us end users?
No, I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is based on what CDPR stated via written and video explanations is that they were aware of the state of the entire game prior to it being released. This means the state of the game for all platforms. They chose to release it anyway. That's so wrong on so many levels. You can't see this? I play on Xbox One X and it was unplayable at launch and for the next how ever many weeks it was until patch 1.11 released. After that I was able to finish the main campaign. The key is that they were aware of the hot mess but decided to go forward with the release anyway, criminal IMO.

Top Bottom