Important Update

+
If a BYOD is deployed, at the bare minimum it has to have a VPN
You're still talking for compagnies that have an IT service.

We're BYOD, and in our small startup, it's a western here. We're good enough to know our stuff, but if we employ 10 dudes suddenly, with newcomers that security will be lost
(it is allready under monitoring for certain persons).

Apparently, hackers used a 0-day from Perforce, so the case here is another problem. Buying / engeneering a 0-day just to make CDPR suffer seems to be quite personal.

Why do I have the feeling the buyer is some rich dude who's only going to sit on it forever as some sort of trophy.

Like Martin Shkreli was gonna do with the Wu Tang album.

I really hope that this will not affect the future content, I really want CP2077 and other games from CDPR to develop well and efficiently.I want more Judy ;)
Sadly it did

Again stuck between a rock - making 1.2 the biggest improvement yet, like promised - and a hard place - delivering on time, like promised. As if there was some kind of pattern there.

Sadly it did
Honestly, I don't even know what to say.When I read this, it took me a while to pull myself together and make sense of it.I want to cry, seriously, no kidding.I've been waiting for Cyberpunk since 2012, since December 10, I've been waiting for improvements and adding content, expanding Cyberpunk, and now I'm just afraid that I'll just be disappointed.I don't want to be a whiner and push CDPR, but what do I think now,what to expect?I still believe in them damn it.It's like loving a person who cheated on you and waiting for him to be faithful after the betrayal.I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so pathetic, but I don't know how to explain what I think

At this point I wouldn't put it past them to have made this whole thing up as an excuse for the patch we're supposed to get this month not being ready.
There were some suggestions to this effect early on, but subsequent events seem pretty conclusive that this wasn't a hoax. They really did get hit with a hack.

Even though I realize that these people acted disgusting and feel kinda sorry but... this is how karma works i guess.

Honestly, I don't even know what to say.When I read this, it took me a while to pull myself together and make sense of it.I want to cry, seriously, no kidding.I've been waiting for Cyberpunk since 2012, since December 10, I've been waiting for improvements and adding content, expanding Cyberpunk, and now I'm just afraid that I'll just be disappointed.I don't want to be a whiner and push CDPR, but what do I think now,what to expect?I still believe in them damn it.It's like loving a person who cheated on you and waiting for him to be faithful after the betrayal.I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so pathetic, but I don't know how to explain what I think

At times we have to remember it's only a video game, I do like the company and what they stand for, but I'm also willing to admit that they completely botched this launch, which is on them.

Now bare in mind whether or not the game would have launched in the right way I don't think that it would have affected this hack in particular, this is just more to add to the conundrum, as far as I understand it it's been perpetrated by a well known hacker group that's been targeting much larger companies that CDPR.

It's really sad for the developers and the families involved in this, at this point I don't even care about the patch anymore, I just want everyone to be alright and make it through this with minimal impact on their livelihood, it's like the whole pandemic wasn't bad enough for everyone everywhere.

I firmly believe that if you can't find value in what's presented so far in the game, maybe taking a break wouldn't be such a bad idea, I don't think things are going to improve any time soon and they might get even worse (and I don't mean this about the game).

It's a sad situation and a botched launch does not justify any of it no matter how strongly one feels about it all.

At times we have to remember it's only a video game, I do like the company and what they stand for, but I'm also willing to admit that they completely botched this launch, which is on them.

Now bare in mind whether or not the game would have launched in the right way I don't think that it would have affected this hack in particular, this is just more to add to the conundrum, as far as I understand it it's been perpetrated by a well known hacker group that's been targeting much larger companies that CDPR.

It's really sad for the developers and the families involved in this, at this point I don't even care about the patch anymore, I just want everyone to be alright and make it through this with minimal impact on their livelihood, it's like the whole pandemic wasn't bad enough for everyone everywhere.

I firmly believe that if you can't find value in what's presented so far in the game, maybe taking a break wouldn't be such a bad idea, I don't think things are going to improve any time soon and they might get even worse (and I don't mean this about the game).

It's a sad situation and a botched launch does not justify any of it no matter how strongly one feels about it all.
I agree with you, and I really don't play Cyberpunk anymore.Like I said, I may have sounded very pretentious and loud.Of course I didn't really cry,I know it's just a game, but the bigger point in my message was that I'm losing faith in the game industry because it's becoming more and more deceptive.It doesn't excuse it, I don't deny it, I don't blame the developers, I'm a simple worker myself and I'm on their side. But now I won't wait for something about Cyberpunk with bated breath, because I don't want to anymore. I just don't want to anymore, that's enough

Last edited:
At this point I wouldn't put it past them to have made this whole thing up as an excuse for the patch we're supposed to get this month not being ready.
As in, trying to get out of a potential backlash from the crowd? If CDPR wouldnt be able to get done what they want in the time they gave themselves I'd be fine with that. The entire release of the time has time-shortage written all over it as a major component, and as working for a big company myself I know in good depth how these things work.
I would therefore also have a much greater problem with people being so impatient that they want to bring pitchforks and shit because something turned out to take a while longer than some statement made it out to be.
I recall it being mentioned somewhere: "We have ourselves to curse for this"

Last edited:
My heart goes out to all the devs and CDPR for all what is happening.
All I know is all the Devs have poured themself into making this game, working around the clock to fix everything had all their work stolen.
People that say they deserve it are also disgusting regardless of what you feel NO ONE Deserves this. No one deserves all their work stolen and sold just cause the game didn't come out perfect. These Days nothing comes out perfect everything needs time to be fixed.

Let's take some time and really think about it imagine working on something for years pouring your heart and soul into it. Then it is released sooner then it should of been. Now imagine reading all complaints then working around the clock trying to fix everything, trying to resolve so many issues. Then your work not just gets stolen but also sold. Other words all your work your done when to another person that steals it they get paid for it all you have left is just fixing something. Yet no one gives up they still work hard at fixing a game to make all happy. Same time things keep happening making things worse.

We as HUMANS need understand, bugs are in all games, so many games promise things that never get released. Let's put ourselves in the Devs shoes How would you feel?
Would you even still keep working on the project or game? Would you just give?

I am so sorry to all the Dev's and to CDPR for everything that is happening to you and your company

I hope everything gets resolved. regardless of bugs I still enjoy the game you put so much hard work into THANK YOU :)

My heart goes out to all the devs and CDPR for all what is happening.
All I know is all the Devs have poured themself into making this game, working around the clock to fix everything had all their work stolen.
People that say they deserve it are also disgusting regardless of what you feel NO ONE Deserves this. No one deserves all their work stolen and sold just cause the game didn't come out perfect. These Days nothing comes out perfect everything needs time to be fixed.

Let's take some time and really think about it imagine working on something for years pouring your heart and soul into it. Then it is released sooner then it should of been. Now imagine reading all complaints then working around the clock trying to fix everything, trying to resolve so many issues. Then your work not just gets stolen but also sold. Other words all your work your done when to another person that steals it they get paid for it all you have left is just fixing something. Yet no one gives up they still work hard at fixing a game to make all happy. Same time things keep happening making things worse.

We as HUMANS need understand, bugs are in all games, so many games promise things that never get released. Let's put ourselves in the Devs shoes How would you feel?
Would you even still keep working on the project or game? Would you just give?

I am so sorry to all the Dev's and to CDPR for everything that is happening to you and your company

I hope everything gets resolved. regardless of bugs I still enjoy the game you put so much hard work into THANK YOU :)

You're right, devs, at least the ones who never appear on media but just sit on their asses working for a greedy company having no voice whatsoever don't deserve this. CDPR as a company, eeehh..
There's difference between release a not-already-perfect product and lie to the face of the investors, players and whoever was mixed in the overmarketing of CP2077. Not the mention the years spent on social medias shitting on others while basically giving self- high fives and putting themselves on a pedestal. Some would call it karma.
After all the money spent and gained maybe they should've learned to protect their codes better, especially because this is not the first time something like this happened, yet people keep treating them as an indie company.
In the end, should I be happy for something like this? No, because it sucks and I only hope that the people who just worked there won't face any consequences.
Should I support CDPR as a company in times like this? Also nope for many reasons. And I don't believe that they are working hard to make all happy, they ( the devs ) are being pushed into crunches just to make CDPR dodge the dangerous bullet of angered investors and lawsuits, certainly not out of sudden love for the players to whom they consciously lied to.

Unless you are a dedicated front-line worker whose job description prevents remote working (which by definition is NOT a globally deployed software developer like CDPR), you have a workforce that has at one point or even more, worked remotely.

Not even close to being true. I have worked in legal services for 15 years and remote working on this scale is an entirely new thing. It has been available in my firm in a limited capacity for about 5 years where a partner would need to RDP over VPN for a meeting and they were out of the country.

But that is what remote working was up to 2020 - an option to be exercised by high level employees or employers in limited numbers, with technical oversight. The attack surface area is much greater now. Not only can RDP be brute forced but your VPN can be attacked too.

While running remote desktop there is a whole bunch of things you can't do. So you get situations where someone needs to hold a Teams meeting and screenshare over RDP. Video/audio absolutely crushes RDP because it was never designed to handle it. Also you cant talk because your mic in and webcam out is physically in the office while your body is physically at home. So person signs into the meeting twice - once over remote desktop to screenshare and the other on their actual desktop so they can use their mic at home. Some links are exchanged, stuff downloaded, person puts it on a usb stick, enables the option to virtualize the physical drive in remote desktop and now you have a ransomware trojan on your server.

Multiply this threat potential by however many employees you have working over RDP. Then take into account that of all the people that work in a law firm, most of them are not computer literate. Which should be obvious. They didn't study STEM. They studied and practice law.

Then add to the fact the sheer volume of correspondence over email with SharePoint links and file sharing requests. Previously you could parse them out automatically but now it just creates a headache because the volume is so high. It has become a core business disruption. File sharing over email has largely replaced the postal service for written correspondence. There are a lot of people clicking sketchy looking links to download files purporting to be from other law firms and all a threat actor needs to do is forge a reasonably convincing SharePoint email, spoof an actual law firm email address, send it to a very tired worker who just clicks and now they have been owned.

Then there is access to technical oversight. Most small and medium sized businesses outsource information security and systems administration. Although there is a massive increase in the number of companies seeking consultancy services for this, there hasn't been a corresponding increase in the number of service providers. This is because the pandemic is assumed to be a temporary situation and at some point the demand for remote working will revert to the norm and everyone will go back to the office. So getting access to technical oversight is really hard right now because they have 10 times as many clients, are working 16 hour days and if you need something done now, instead of waiting for a call back, you get people googling and figuring out workarounds by themselves, which is a massive infosec headache.

Last edited:
Top Bottom