Important update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator: As a reminder, although this discussion cannot help but be political, this is not an open invitation to discuss politics and country governments in general. Please, stay on topic.

There are a lot of people in Russia who understand what is really happening and do not support Putin. We go to meetings against war
, but our government does not want to hear us and puts us in paddy wagons

then I feel bad for you and Russians like you. I wish there was a way to support you.

Last edited:
В России очень много людей, которые понимают, что происходит на самом деле, и не поддерживают Путина. Мы ходим на митинги против войны
, но наше правительство не хочет нас слышать и сажает в автозаки
and so what, this is not a reason to simply ban the sale, and it won’t do much, as I said

[...]

In all honesty, I don't quite see the point of this. Yes, sanctions against Russia are justified, but it's citizens? People who, for the most part, want nothing to do with this? People who, like the vast majority of people on earth, are simply looking to live a happy and fulfilling life? Plus, didn't Russia announce it could would seize it's own citizens money to finance it's war efforts if needed? In that optic, wouldn't it make more sense to let Russians gamers spend their money and get it out of the Russian government's hands?

Obviously, I never lived in Europe and, more specifically, eastern Europe and I can't speak to how Polish people feel about Russia in general or whatever bad blood there may be there. It does feel like a useless measure, I doubt Putin is worried about Russian gamers being left out. It also feels needlessly punitive to Russian gamers.

I genuinely can't see the point of this, maybe if I was Polish or eastern European myself.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand and agree with companies feeling the need to have some stance on corporate citizenship and what not. It's something companies do to show the general sense of how their employees feel about topics as a collective.

I do feel though that cutting off Russian players as a whole is a bit unwarranted as not every Russian citizen is accepting of what is happening in Ukraine. I feel CDPR could have let their opinion be known by dedicating support to refugees through a fund of sorts or by donating non combative supplies rather than this though.

TO GREAMREAPER 801
Here in Russia, there are a few ppl which dont support this military operation. Many ppl are just neutral. But majority stands for THE DECISION. If u wonder why. The mindmap is like this - Most ppl here think of this like americans think about usf operations abroad. So these sanctions are ok, for me i accept them. there are a lot of sellers, and CDPR can have their position.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to be brave to protest on the streets in Russia.

Unfortunately if you cant stop certain actions with diplomacy and talks, you can either sit and watch how innocent people are being killed, declare a war which would be world war with unimaginable consequences or pressure country to stop doing that by hitting economy. Yes, some people will not play video game nor will buy new smartphone or car. And some of them will loose money and job. Overall its only reasonable choice you have.

No one likes sanctions. In west we would prefer to focus on trade, earning money in peace and not paying 3 times more for a gas to warm our houses or businesses in winter time. But you just cant eat dinner when someone is setting your neighbour house on fire.

This thread is not about world history or politics in general. This thread is specifically about CDPR's announcement and things directly related to it.
Posts, including quotes, deleted.

Also, publicly discussing moderation is still against the rules,

Please keep these two things in mind if posting here.

This thread is not about world history or politics in general. This thread is specifically about CDPR's announcement and things directly related to it.
Posts, including quotes, deleted.

Awww, right as I was writing a huge post. Damn it. The limits of the thread have been set at least.

No one likes sanctions. In west we would prefer to focus on trade, earning money in peace and not paying 3 times more for a gas to warm our houses or businesses in winter time. But you just cant eat dinner when someone is setting your neighbour house on fire.

That's where I have an issue with this announcement. Sanctions are fine when they affect the state's ability to function as it normally would. When sanctions are meant to punish regular citizens, I feel it's misdirected. Because that's what this is, it will not affect the state at all, it will only affect regular people. I understand the point of sanctions is also to make the general population rise up against the conflict and create this internal strife to *maybe* push the state towards a peaceful solution faster. I just don't see video games sales, or lack of, having much of an effect there. I feel like it will be entirely limited to punishing Russian players.

It's also part of a larger issue. We've seen it after 9/11, or after WW2 amongst others, the citizens and people from specific states, culture and ethnicity are then targeted because of who they are. Arab/Muslims after 9/11, Japanese people had a hard time in the US and German people all over after WW2 regardless of their opinion or association with the events. I currently see this climate of anti-Russian sentiment around myself and when I see an announcement such as CDPR's I feel like it is conducive to more of that.

That I can't agree with.

Taking a position against this act of aggression shows that CDPR has strong values behind. Thanks for letting us know you stand for freedom.
Post automatically merged:

We are definitely not supported by companies canceling us the way CDPR did.
It doesn't matter at all now. But it does not add to the mood when you realize that the whole world hates you simply because you are Russian

Despite what the propaganda may be saying in your country, no one hates the russian people. We oppose the russian regime who decided to invade and annex a sovereign country. I am an "old" person and I lived the cold war on my skin, and I remember the liberation and exhilaration we felt when the walls fell. Don't let another wall happen again.

Last edited:
I feel genuinely sorry for every russian who doesnt support Putin and find himself a target of anti russian climate which for sure will be for years. There are also a lof of russians working or living on the west and I know that they must feel awfull.

Now, back to CDPR an what they did. One of a things which we learned is that we are strong and can make changes when we are together and united. Thats also one of EU principals. CDPR move is one of a lot of tiny actions a lot of companies and regular people will do which at the end has some power and becomes significant.

There are no sanctions which doesnt harm regular people. Stop gas import? There are also people who work in gas industry and some of them will have to let go. If only banning Putin from flying to EU would change his mind, I`m sure western world will put only that one. But unfortunately we know that it woudnt work.

It does feel like a useless measure, I doubt Putin is worried about Russian gamers being left out.
You never know. Putin might be a huge Cyberpunk fan.

Since I'm not entirely sure how to best remain on topic in a thread with political overtones while avoiding a violation of the forum user regulations by engaging in political commentary I'll just say the following. My crystal ball sees a very bright future for this thread. It's going places.

You never know. Putin might be a huge Cyberpunk fan.

1646347504382.jpeg

My crystal ball sees a very bright future for this thread. It's going places.

I'm surprised it hasn't been derailed far more than it currently has.

If anything, this just proves that no UN member should hold veto powers... the wind apparently lost some strength on the way to the east unfortunately.

Since I'm not entirely sure how to best remain on topic in a thread with political overtones while avoiding a violation of the forum user regulations by engaging in political commentary

Evidently I don't get it according to my slapped hand. I wonder why they left this open for discussion. What was expected would be discussed? I guess I should just go back to other forum topics and rave about how good the game really is but how I would make it perfect. :)

R001c

Forum regular
More 'unfairness' to come If Russia does not stop. There is sympathy, amongst the people I know, for the Russian people but it is vastly overshadowed by what Russians are doing in Ukraine and our sympathy for the suffering of the Ukranian people.

If it was just Putin this would have been a very short affair indeed.

Any sanctions will affect regular people, so CDPRs' decision is no different. Any Russian, who says "what can we do", or "it's not my war" are silent accomplices to the atrocities your government regime does to Ukraine now. It is your responsibility as citizens to fight it first hand.

Collective sanctions does show, that the world is against Russia's views on Ukraine, therefore I fully support companies' decision. Many thanks for this gesture, CDPR. You have shown, that you value human morals higher than the profits, that I do respect.

I applaud the team for taking this measure. Hopefully many more companies follow suit, if ever there was a time to unite. Now is that time

We are definitely not supported by companies canceling us the way CDPR did.
It doesn't matter at all now. But it does not add to the mood when you realize that the whole world hates you simply because you are Russian
No one hates the Russian people. That said The Russian leadership represents the people and so the world cannot stand by as if nothing is happening. Much like we are trying to do what little we can then so should the Russian people if they are in opposition to the actions taken over the past few days. We all have a responsibility. Evil only wins when good men and women say and do nothing.

I think this should not have had comments allowed from the beginning. I want politics far away from my video games.
At the end of the day, you can't say what you really think either so pointless.
Politics should be taking a back seat to common human decency at this point. Even if it didn't, politics decides what games you play or if you can play them at all. It's not something abstract or apart from daily lives and war should be condemned by anyone regardless of politics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom