Imported Mesh in game problem

+
Imported Mesh in game problem

Hello

I have problem with my imported mesh in game, my steps:
- exported crate w2mesh to fbx
- create new crate mesh, added original crate material and replace old textures to new (as separate files).
- export fbx in 3ds Max 2014 (format must be binary or ascii? because I exported as binary) with Embed Media.
- import new crate textures from tga to xbm as the same path as original textures (Uncooked\environment\decorations\containers\crate\textures\halkhoganpl_crate.xbm and halkoganpl_crate_n.xbm)
- import crate.fbx with html
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><mesh>
<mesh_data autohideDistance="80.00" isTwoSided="false" useExtraStreams="false" mergeInGlobalShadowMesh="true" entityProxy="false">
<LODs>
<LOD_info distance="0.00" />
</LODs>
</mesh_data>
<materials>
<material name="Material0" local="true" base="engine\materials\graphs\pbr_std.w2mg">
<param name="Diffuse" type="handle:ITexture" value="environment\decorations\containers\crate\textures\halkhoganpl_crate.xbm" />
<param name="Normal" type="handle:ITexture" value="environment\decorations\containers\crate\textures\halkhoganpl_crate_n.xbm" />
<param name="SpecularColor" type="Color" value="203; 195; 185; 255" />
<param name="RSpecBase" type="Float" value="0.5" />
<param name="VarianceOffset" type="Float" value="2" />
<param name="VarianceColor" type="Color" value="218; 204; 186; 255" />
</material>
</materials>
</mesh>
to crate.w2mesh
- cook and build mod

And in game new crate don't have my textures but when I change the camera on crate is another random texture:

What am I doing wrong?
Please help!

Attachments

• CrateProblem01.jpg
    CrateProblem01.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85
  • CrateProblem02.jpg
    CrateProblem02.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 99
  • CrateProblem03.jpg
    CrateProblem03.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 67
  • CrateProblem04.jpg
    CrateProblem04.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Guest 2364765

My wild guess would be that exported .fbx didn't have any material setup.
Did you actually apply any material on the model in your 3d editor before exporting?

If you create a new model on few engines it'll import it's material setup upon importing the .fbx file.

My wild guess would be that exported .fbx didn't have any material setup.
Did you actually apply any material on the model in your 3d editor before exporting?

If you create a new model on few engines it'll import it's material setup upon importing the .fbx file.
Yes, mesh have material from original crate (only with changed textures).

Anyone know how to solve this problem?
How do add a new texture that work in game?

Last edited:
I suspect that may create a separate material for this textures or something but I have no idea what and how.

Hmm you may know how do I edit .w2mi files and to add new ones?

What are *.w2mi files for? Material instances?

And btw are you sure that your parameters are ok? You seem to use pbr shader and use specular as a parameter. And specular parameter is not part of PBR approach to shaders and materials.

I do not know exactly but I think so.

Yes, that parameters and material are original. I tried to export with the original textures and work.

But I care about the ability to add my separate textures.

Top Bottom