Importing saves from Steam

+

blusk

Forum regular
Importing saves from Steam

So, I read on the witcher's wiki that it will be possible to import saved games from TW. I'm considering buying the collector's edition toh, will I be able to import my saves from steam, or should I get TW2 from steam as well?

I asked them the same questions and they said that a save file from steam would work with any other versions of the game.

At what point the save needs to be made? After the final fight, before the final cutscene (I think that's the most obvious choice, but you never know)?

JakubRadzimiski said:
At what point the save needs to be made? After the final fight, before the final cutscene (I think that's the most obvious choice, but you never know)?
We don't have direct answer to that, but we think that the save before last dialogue with Dandelion will be good. But who knows...

JakubRadzimiski said:
I'm curious about this myself. There's no autosave made by the end, so if The Witcher 2 only can read autosaves it must be a save before the final fight.

I seem to recall, that the way Mass Effect 1 did it, was to automatically create an XML file at the end of the game, with the specific data of choices made throughout the game.I'm thinking that might be the way The Witcher has done it too. Seems the smartest way, at least. That way you get all info and are not dependant upon the user have to manually remember to save at the very end.

In TW1, every savegame is equal. No autosave only. Save your game before talking to your friend in the end and you're good to go. Mass Effect was completely different. There's NO XML file or anything, just savegames. And please, what pc gamer forgets to save their game?

Top Bottom