Importing saves, modding? Tech help?

+
Importing saves, modding? Tech help?

Hey everyone, I had a save game of the Witcher 3 of 100 hours I was slowly working my way through this summer and fall (I don't get much time to play so it took awhile), and I haven't beat the game yet; well...I got a virus, and I realized Gog doesn't have a cloud save system. I got over it and started over, but I don't know what happened, when I got to the General he didn't ask me any Witcher 2 questions (all my Witcher 2 saves are gone too) which means I didn't start the game right. I really can't start over again. Is there a way to mod the save import in? I want Letho in the game, and that's about the short of it. If not, then I guess I'm done :(

If you have a friend send you save files, you can simply put them in your savegames folder located in your documents>witcher3 folder, but it would be his/her savegames, obviously.

Also, I'm not sure the legality of this. I don't know if you can do it. But I know it is possible to do.

I don't know anyone who plays. That's unfortunate. Well...I guess I'm not going to see how this ends. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the DLC! Lol

I should have bought it on Steam, all my Steam games saves were backed up. I have a lot of time on Metal Gear and luckily lost none of it. I'm glad I can go back to that. Live and learn.

Last edited:
If you want a save immediately prior to meeting the general in Vizima I'm sure someone can oblige if you made it clear what difficulty you wanted. (I have both S&S and DM saves, but not sure if I have a manual save from that point... alternatively at what stage of the main plot you reached (at your 100 hour mark) though there will be differences in how open the map discovery is, and which side quests have been done (and therefore will be missed on this playthrough), this may be better than not playing on.

Lieste,

I thought about that once, asking if there was a way to get back to the point I lost through gamesaves but I realized my game was probably so vastly different from others it would not be worth trying to match. If there is a way to find a save before the General (I am open to just doing the questions not importing my save) on Death March or Broken Bones (Is that the one below it?), I'd do either. I suppose I could make up any small differences from questing from there without much trouble. I'd guess most people do the prologue area and get all the ? areas, etc?

How should I go about looking into finding people with those manual saves? Thanks for the suggestion. (I spent 8 hours playing around in White Orchard, I just can't bring myself to do it again, even a rush through...)

Sadly I just checked and don't have an appropriate manual save at the moment. I'm currently on my fourth 'go around' (though I quit the first still in Velen and restarted, way back in May) - so I'm only on my 3rd "full" play through... but I tend to only make manual saves of bugs I want to report, or places I want to return to, and use quicksaves generally, so they've all gone now.

I'm sure someone else has a saved game, it might be worth subscribing to the thread to watch for offered save games.

There might be something you could try.
If you have 'Debug Console' enabled open it and type : (CASE SENSITIVE)

Code:
addfact("simulate_import_ingame")

This is the global that the game looks for to trigger the interrogation scene, I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a try.

I just tried to download the debug console mod (that's the only way right?) and 1.10 has stopped it from functioning. I'll be honest, I think I'm done. Thanks for the help guys, it's a great game--but this is too much of a reinvestment of time for me.

I just tried to download the debug console mod (that's the only way right?) and 1.10 has stopped it from functioning. I'll be honest, I think I'm done. Thanks for the help guys, it's a great game--but this is too much of a reinvestment of time for me.
You need to look a little harder, man. There is a working console mod for 1.10.

It's up to you if you're not going to play it again, but honestly, I think you're missing out. It's a chance to do things differently and see different things. Plus, we have so many great mods now. I play over and over again because of the mods. :)

You know, it's probably just a bitter taste in my mouth now, it's a pretty significant loss (to me), but I didn't see the mod on Nexus, and I'm a bit weary of going elsewhere. I have my suspicions that the virus that imploded my computer was from downloading mods--I really hadn't downloaded anything else, and I'm really careful about what I do get. I just can't figure where I would have gotten the virus. It's okay though. I'm not trying to be angry or bash anyone, and I hope my frustration (at myself and my own situation) isn't coming through too much. It just seems like I'll have to start over. I do appreciate all the help here, and I know that comes from CD Projekt making a great game and people wanting to help share that experience, so again, I thank everyone for the advice and help.

Sure - why wouldn't it be? I wouldn't even be replying here if I didn't know exactly how that felt. I've had similar things happen to me. When Witcher 2 came out, my computer got a huge virus right around the time I got to Loc Muinne. I was horrified. But if I hadn't picked it back up and chosen Iorveth the second time instead of Roche, I never would have found my favorite content in the game. Check this one out, though. This is really bad. I'm an author - I write books. I was working on a novel about 2 years ago, and I had just about wrapped up my first draft. I couldn't tell you how many hundreds of hours went into that thing. Then I let my son use my PC to do his educational websites. An hour later, over half my manuscript had been replaced with random letters and numbers.

So I feel for you, I really do. Also, look through the files on the Nexus. There are a couple savegames on there. :)

Also also, if you search the Nexus again there is a console mod for 1.10 on there now.

Thanks, I'll go and check it out. And you know what? When I was writing my first book--same thing. Virus wiped it out my first full draft like a week after I completed it. Talk about deflating. I'm sorry that happened to you too.

Top Bottom