Importing textures

+
Importing textures

I have a major problem importing 2D textures. If I import the file as a WorldDiffuse texture, REDkit crashes. If I import the file as a Default texture there are no errors and I could use them for a mesh, until I restart REDkit. The map where I used the mesh won't load and if I try to double click the mesh in the Asset Browser, REDkit crashes. With textures and meshes inside the REDkit I have no problems, and if I align the standart textures to the mesh it works, so it seems to be a problem with the import function of the textures. I tried different filetypes (jpg,png,dds), meshes (a simple cube as a test), and I reinstalled The Witcher 2 + REDkit (+I deleted all folders).

Last edited:
I have a major problem importing 2D textures. If I import the file as a WorldDiffuse texture, REDkit crashes.
Talking about CBitmapTextures?

As an example choose outro_river_rocks (2D Texture, XBM) and export it as dds (you may have to copy the 2D Texture to your own folder before Export Asset being available in the rightclick context menu).

For me the DXT1 dds with a depth of 1 can be imported as WorldDiffuse without crashing REDkit.

You might try other textures this way and compare the created dds to the ones which "kill" your REDkit.

(It's a known issue that "REDkit meshes" and cooked meshes differ. For textures this has to be investigated.)

Last edited:
Talking about CBitmapTextures?
Yes
If I scale my textures to the size of outro_river_rocks (1024x1024 or any multiplier of this, 2048x2048 for example) and save them in any filetype I can import them, but if the size differs (for example 400x600, 200x200 or any other non-multiplier of 1024x1024) it crashes.

With the picture in 400x600 I tried the DXT1 DDS filetype, but it's the same as any other type (png, jpg), it crashes.

Because it's not power of 2. Textures needs to be the size of power of 2. 2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024-2048-4096-8192 and so on.

Top Bottom