Impossible install any update, really 60 euro for this trash? a biggest scam on the history of games!

+
Same log file everytime, impossible install any patch, SSD have 748 free space, i also tried to do the offline installation as an administrator, this shit is sold at full price and still today i can't install any updates, no response from developers, absolute silence, I'm glad they opened three classes action, this is a scam and this title should be removed from all stores, 60 euros for a completely broken game? shame developers for silence and shame for this company!

Game patch log
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\audio_1_general.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\audio_2_soundbanks.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_1_engine.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_2_mainmenu.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_3_nightcity.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_4_animation.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_4_appearance.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\basegame_4_gamedata.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_ar_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_cs_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_de_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_en_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_es-es_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_es-mx_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_fr_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_hu_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_it_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_ja_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_ko_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_pl_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_pt_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_ru_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_th_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_tr_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_zh-cn_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\content\lang_zh-tw_text.archive
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\REDEngineErrorReporter.exe
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\shader_final.cache
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\staticshader_final.cache
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputContexts.xml
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\inputUserMappings.xml
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\options.json
Error modifying C:\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc\options.json

Please try giving your user account on the windows box "full control" disk access rights to C:\Cyberpunk 2077, and make sure the default option to have those rights flow down to all files/sub-folders is checked.

If it still does not work, take ownership of C:\Cyberpunk 2077 and all files/folders beneath it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you run your launcher as "admin" that will work too, but I try hard to avoid giving game launchers admin rights. I certainly would avoid the case where the launcher or game has to have admin rights just to play the game, e.g. not update/install it.

Because doing so would not be following good practices, and specifically the security principle of granting the least privileged level of access that is required.

To install/update the game, the launcher needs to be able to write/modify those files. Yes, launching the launcher with admin gives those rights, but it also gives the launcher the rights to modify system settings, create/modify users, etc. SO you would be giving the launcher a lot more access than is needed.

IF one sets the launcher to always run as admin, that is even worse, because it would be violating the principle of least access AND the principle of "do not give elevated access when it is not needed". The game and launcher do not need admin rights to play the game.

well, that isn't necessarily true -- if the system's file permissions are messed up seriously, then that might make it APPEAR that admin rights are always requiresd. For example not giving at least read access to regular users to C:\Cyberpunk 2077

Last edited:
Please try giving your user account on the windows box "full control" disk access rights to C:\Cyberpunk 2077, and make sure the default option to have those rights flow down to all files/sub-folders is checked.

If it still does not work, take ownership of C:\Cyberpunk 2077 and all files/folders beneath it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you run your launcher as "admin" that will work too, but I try hard to avoid giving game launchers admin rights. I certainly would avoid the case where the launcher or game has to have admin rights just to play the game, e.g. not update/install it.

Because doing so would not be following good practices, and specifically the security principle of granting the least privileged level of access that is required.

To install/update the game, the launcher needs to be able to write/modify those files. Yes, launching the launcher with admin gives those rights, but it also gives the launcher the rights to modify system settings, create/modify users, etc. SO you would be giving the launcher a lot more access than is needed.

IF one sets the launcher to always run as admin, that is even worse, because it would be violating the principle of least access AND the principle of "do not give elevated access when it is not needed". The game and launcher do not need admin rights to play the game.

well, that isn't necessarily true -- if the system's file permissions are messed up seriously, then that might make it APPEAR that admin rights are always requiresd. For example not giving at least read access to regular users to C:\Cyberpunk 2077
I have all permissions unlocked, I only managed to install patch 1.04, sometimes it also gave another error in which it could not replace the exe in the bin folder, then strangely I managed to install it, but I had to uninstall the game , clean everything, including the registry, reinstall it and then install the 1.04, I had also checked all the permissions, both in the main folder and in the sub folders, now I have this problem again with 1.05, many other players have the same problem, thanks anyway for help, i will uninstall it and i dont want to know about this crap anymore.

I assure you, this isn't the biggest scam of gaming history. But I also empathize because you feel like you have wasted your hard earned money.

I believe E.T. (Atari) holds the record of biggest scam in video game history; something like 30k unities are in a landfill someplace (without looking it up).

Thats probably something on your end.
OS, antivirus, etc ...
I agree. Since OP has posted and indicated file permissions are correct, then I would look next at what else might be holding a lock on those files or is preventing writing them. Antivirus, ransomware protection, and other things come immediately to mind.

Of course, I've seen it happen where a game is shut down properly and the task never terminates. IF that were the case the files would remain locked.

But OP has indicated no interest in working on it further, so I won't spend much time here unless someone else indicates they have the same issue and do want to resolve it.

But I would urge the OP to consider working on it, because if it isn't a game side issue then OP will likely see similar problems in the future.

Yep.

Uninstall and reinstall with anything blocking it removed.

Or get a refund because life is short.

Open Task manager and make sure the game client is fully shut down. I have seen that it doesn't always fully close on exiting the game and this causes issues trying to update

Top Bottom