Improve Photo Mode

+
Hey - I just signed up here for a suggestion. It says I have insufficient privileges due to not enough posts, so I'll follow the readme and post here. If a moderator could find the time to create a thread in suggestions, that would be great? :) Otherwise, please forward at least the first paragraph to the developers! (I'm in software engineering myself, they need to hear all the praise there is!)

First of all, thank you for making this incredible game. My game time counter says 600+ hours, most of which I've probably spent staring at Takemura afk. I'm hyperfixating hard, there is that fanfiction, I'm even enjoying fandom (insane, I know). None of this would have been possible without your hard work.

I came for one suggestion, though:

Please improve photo mode!
The single thing I'm using the everliving f*ck out of most. Some points:

UI / Usability
Remember category selection
When I switch between categories, it would be amazing if the tool could remember my selection.
Example: I put V into "last drag for the gig"-pose. I switch to pose category "action" and back to "idle", and now I'm in "Tabula Rasa" again.

Overscroll
When I have the last menu item selected, pressing "down" does nothing. I would love it if this would select the first menu item instead (and vice versa).
While I'm at it: If shift+up/down would select the first/last item in the current menu, that would be great... and alt+up/down could jump to the previous/next subheader (e.g. shard menu). Ah, one can dream :)

Favourites
I'm not suggesting changing the selector for a drop down menu (although that would be grand for PC users) because that'd be a major UI change. Instead, would it be possible to add a favourite option for poses, and a separate favourite category for poses?
Or perhaps a button that will toggle the menu items between favourite / non favourite. That way, you could also have faves for expressions.

Add a third category with weapon/prop poses
It would be awesome if on top of idle/action, there would be a third category (armed/with prop).
You could, perhaps, add the "fiddle with agent" pose to this category...?

Custom default preset
It would be awesome if we could, somehow, create a custom default preset - maybe by saving the current camera/pose/whatever to the first slot, or something like that?

Add more!
More poses! More expressions! More everything!

There are so many poses and expressions scattered all through the city and they're great, I would love to have them available!

There are a few mods hooking into it (and thank you for making that possible in the first place) - however, on behalf of the console peasants players* (of which I am not one) and overall laziness, it would be grand if you could expand the photo mode tool!

* (don't kill me, I'm just teasing)
1623053806404.png

instead of more poses it would be more innovative to be able to manipulate the V rig, and for facial expressions presets.

Top Bottom