Improvement: Ability to not answer phone calls

+
Problem

Phone calls happen at seemingly random times, interrupting whatever you are doing. I'm trying to do one job but I've gotten two phone calls in the last 10 seconds. I don't want to switch context from what I'm doing to remember what they talk about, but I also don't want to miss what they are saying.

Solution

If you don't actively answer a call or if you press some button to dismiss the call, the call should be dismissed and you should not get any calls for a few minutes since the player has indicated they don't want to talk on the phone now.

Edit: a few minutes later it's now four (!) phone calls. Seriously we need a way to turn the phone off.

Last edited:
Yah what's up with this? I mean why is there an prompt to pick up the phone, when you always pick up the phone?
Don't tell me anything about complex RPG AAA bs, because this happens in the prologue and first mission alone like 5 times. If you don't actively pickup it should be logged as a "voice mail" that you review later.

mbrto

Forum regular
mama welles doesnt call, she texts instead
be like mama welles
Post automatically merged:

there are some quest areas that block incoming phonecalls
when you leave those you get bombarded by several calls in a row without any delays
sometimes during important conversations

Last edited:
I agree. It's damn annoying that you get a call, while being on a mission and talking with someone else. How poorly was this game designed. So much for all the "testing"

Why ?
I don't really know, but "maybe" because it's the call who launch quests and GIGs. If you have an HDD, you can easily notice that the game save during the ring, and the quest is "updated" after the call. Hence the problems when before the calls had problems (quests that do not start or end).
For me, it seems to me that could be difficult to offer options to switch off or not answer without causing problems/bugs :(

Edit :
Basically it should be possible, but adding a few steps to each quest.
- During the call if you answer, it continues normally.
- If you don't answer (by choice or phone switch off), the quest should still appear in the log, but with just the mention "recall the_name". Then when you call later, the quest continues normally (it might be necessary to modify the start of the dialogue a little so that it doesn't seem strange).

And do it for all GIGs and quests where the trigger is a call. Considering the number, it does a lot (a lot) of work I think...

Last edited:
Actually it could be more fun to just receive one call from the fixers and to get missions go to see them in person...that would solve this phone calls problem,or maybe we could them for jobs to...

"WHY CAN'T WE SWITCH OFF OUR PHONE, OR CHOOSE NOT TO ANSWER?📱"

If you do that, you'll miss work. How will you earn eds if you switch off your phone? How will you know what to do, when to do it, how to do it? You switch off your phone before sleep, so you're never awaken by your phone, but never switch off your phone when you're awake. That's really a "smart" phone.

Actually it could be more fun to just receive one call from the fixers and to get missions go to see them in person...that would solve this phone calls problem,or maybe we could them for jobs to...
There is a little (big) problem with that...
CDPR need to implement each dialogue lines for each GIGs and for each Fixers... In short, add a "cinematic" for all... Honnestly, I'm afraid, it will never happen :(

It might be easier to implement a system where if player turns call off that quest will be put on hold. Next time player is in the area phone call again, answer or not
For GIGs, yes.
For quests, it's not the same. If you "forget" to switch on your phone, you will receive all the calls following ?
Like Takemura, then Judy, then Panam, then Kerry, then the Peralez and finally River... Damn, that's could be bad :)
(without forgetting Pepe's wife who wanted to say thank you)

At the very least they could put the call on hold until after combat. I do not know their code but from modding other game code I do not see why that could not happen. In fact they could put it on hold whenever you are in a "dangerous" area but not a public area. They already have code to detect when the player is in a public area because it is obviously used to alert the police when your gun is out.

Last edited:
At the very least they could put the call on hold until after combat. I do not know their code but from moddining other game code I do not see why that could not happen. In fact they could put it on hold whenever you are in a "dangerous" area but not a public area. They already have code to detect when the player is in a public area because it is obviously used to alert the police when your gun is out.
Yes. Also giving us the option to use video phones . A mod that replaces each dropbox as a video phone and allowing vendors to trade and sell instead. I keep calling Jackie every time, why do I keep torching myself? :cry:
_109483468_38cccddd-6bf5-41c7-8b75-e4a5ca6befef.jpg
H3257-L96349512.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom