[Improvement] Deckbuilder's list should show 1 instance of a card instead of 2

+
Hi. A small improvement that could come handy. The cards list of the deckbuilder always shows two instances of the same card: regular and the animated one. Since you quite often need to go through that list of cards, IMHO it would be better if the cards would be represented by 1 instance only. By reducing the excessiveness, the process of finding the card you're looking for will be significantly improved! The animated version of the card I am proposing to become accessible via a special icon in the detailed view of a regular card. The animated version in that case can be easily viewed by some easy shortcut (like L2 for instance). In this case the animated version will be still available and won't loose it's beauty at all, while the deck builder will become more effective. Another solution could be to show JUST animated version of the card, that will motivate users to get the animated version and still make the deckbuilder's list more fuctional.
Regards,
Monte

Last edited:
I struggle with the same, since I also prefer to look at the cards one at a time (just to see more at once :D).
I set it to standard cards, scroll to the card I want, find it and see I don`t have it. Then I set the filter to animated cards and need to find the card again XD

Maybe we could have a filter which is "premium if possible" which will show the premium card and, if not available, the standard one (and greyed out otherwise).

I don`t think anyone would want the opposite (standard if possible) since you can disable the animations altogether anyway...

This would help alot. Just one presentation and "sub-presentation" for premium/non-premium.

I think, the best decision is: if u have premium, show only premium; if u have no premium or have no any cards at all, show just not animated version. So, premiums would look very good behind nonprems, so anyone should want to make more premiums. And under the card u can add signs of all cards u have: dots for example; if u have prem, dot has another color. So everything would be understandable and with no extra cards shown.

Last edited:

Lexor

Forum veteran
I think, the best decision is: if u have premium, show only premium; if u have no premium or have no any cards at all, show just not animated version.

If I have only 1 premium copy of some bronze card and 2 normal copies of the same bronze card and then my prefered choice of cards to use in deck are normal copies as they take only one slot.

If I have only 1 premium copy of some bronze card and 2 normal copies of the same bronze card and then my prefered choice of cards to use in deck are normal copies as they take only one slot.
That is a good point.
I also find it more practical to see the x2 regardless of whether they are premium or not, so probably this should be fixed on the list to the left, such that if you pick one premium and one normal it still should show one slot with x2 (and sort out the UI details if you want to show a semi shiny border to imply that only one of two cards is premium...).

I think, in deck list there must be one slot for the same cards in all cases. This golden dust is not looking good and does not carry any usefullness.

Last edited:
After rereading the original post I`m confused.

Is this suggestion about having 2 bronces always show as x2 (in the left panel) regardless of how many are premium or not?

Or is it about the center panel which shows the cards you can pick to add to your deck, which at the moment forces you to either see all cards duplicated (normal and premium version) or otherwise switch back and forth to check for which cards you have a premium or a normal card?

Something like this exists when opening kegs (where it shows you how many normal and premium versions of the 'choose one' cards you have), so I don't see why it couldn't be implemented for the deck builder as well.

A way to implement it could be, for example, having two 'x 2' or whatever number indicators on the cards. Except they would always be present, even if you have zero copies. (Or if not zero then when you have any copies.)

Ideally, IMO, this mode could be a filter like 'All', 'Premium', and 'Non-premium'; that way everyone would be able to use whichever view they want.

Something like this exists when opening kegs (where it shows you how many normal and premium versions of the 'choose one' cards you have), so I don't see why it couldn't be implemented for the deck builder as well.

A way to implement it could be, for example, having two 'x 2' or whatever number indicators on the cards. Except they would always be present, even if you have zero copies. (Or if not zero then when you have any copies.)

Ideally, IMO, this mode could be a filter like 'All', *Premium', and 'Non-premium'; that way everyone would be able to use whichever view they want.

Yes, I really like that suggestion. You could call it "compact mode" and then you would see only one copy of the card plus the little icons.

This could apply to both the left list of your deck cards and the center window for card selection.

Top Bottom