Improvement Suggestions

+
Orpheal;n8934760 said:
Nonsense, there is no pay to win, if animated cards would get 1 point more. it would be pay to win, if the absolute only way to obtain the animated card versions would be it to buy them with real money.
Then that would be pay to win.
But Gwent allows you to obtain absolutely all cards, also the animated versions for completely free, if you just play long enough and RNGeesus loves you enough, then you will be able to obtain all animated cards also just by playing the game normally wiothout paying a freaking single cent for that

but why was it all so clear, that the very moment someone suggest, that the most valuable card versions should also be minimally more powerful7effective than ther cheap unanimated versions, that everyone already begins directly screaming "pay to win", without even having fully understood, what was actually suggested for real and how the game actually is handling how players obtain the cards right now

There is a huge difference between something beeing achievable for free and something beeing achievable for free within a realistic timeframe.

Over in For Honor everything is free, but guess what, it is estimated that getting everything the free way will take about 2.5 years. Not kidding, here is a link: https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/f...-steel-unlocks

Premium cards are far, far harder to achieve as a free to play player rather than a paying one. The only source of Meteorite Dust is the 15 gained randomly after 2/4 round wins as well as scrapping an existing premium. Getting a random premium has a exceptionally low droprate compared to normal cards.

Now, to get a full deck of premiums you would need:

6 Silver x 300 Dust = 1800 Dust
4 Gold x 400 Dust = 1600 Dust
A mixture of Rare and Standard Bronze, 15 cards in all. Let us go with a 6/9 spread, favoring the lower number.
6 Rare x 200 Dust = 1200 Dust
9 Common x 100 Dust = 900 Dust

All in all, 5500 dust.

Now tell me, under the current earnings of Dust, how long would that take? Occasional 15 Dust (Personal experience, lower drop than Ore and Scrap, but nothing to back that up). Occasional premium card with far lower drop than normal versions of cards giving back a small amount of dust when scrapped. How long would 5500 dust take to gather?

I dont know, but under the current ways to earn dust it would take so long that I put my money that you are far more likely to complete a faction of cards long before you get a single full premium deck.

And during all that time, anyone who dropped realy money on Dust would crush you deck with a combined, at least, 14 point advantage or full premium goodness. How long do you think people would stay around with that kind of disparity in deck power? Certainly not long enough to catch up. This is only worsened by the way that a preimum card would be able to survive some of their counters. A 5 power normal card in Premium is now out of range of Trish and other 5 damage effects making the effective gain far larger than just 1 power.

Then there are the problems of cards that are not easily upgraded by 1 point. Like, how do you upgrade Lacerate? It deals 3 damage to all targets on a row, do you upgrade that to 4? That is a far greater buff than any single unit. Commanders Horn? Stammelfords Tremor? How do you upgrade Dimeritium Shackles?

No, it is technically not Pay to Win, but it is such a hair thin line that it might as well not exist because the needed time investment of a free to play player to catch up to a paying player is so massive that it might as well be insourmountable.

Like, would you grind For Honor for 2.5 years? Cause it is that kind of mountain grinding you are looking at with this.

Hi.
Milling cards.

When it comes down to milling spare cards, would it be possible to see which ones are these? I believe that at the moment you get a number of cards, and a colour bar next to that number...
Maybe just before approving the milling operation, there could be an outlay presentation of all the cards that are about to be milled?

[/QUOTE]

MrRagdoll;n8923500 said:
There is already full list with information on changes. Most of them were power balance so picture is hardly needed.

You can open opponent graveyard to see the effect of spell cards.

On this I actually agree. There could be shortcut to edit deck from where you choose deck to battle.

Go to "Rewards". All the titles, avatars and borders are shown there.

You will see the card you get after opponent has made his choise. While it would be nice to instantly see it, it hardly has any effect on gameplay.

As you said, new player. All these things could be "fixed" with advanced tutorial.

Well first thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think the pictures are not needed it's quite common for digital card games except some do it when they nerf cards.

You said checking the graveyard shows me the effect of spells. I don't see that. I can go to opponents graveyard but in contrary to all other cards on the board for example, I still do not know what the card does. For example the spore Card: The tooltip in the graveyard doesn't show: "Remove 4 base strength from an opposing non-Gold unit." or whatever. Just my opponent can see it playing it from hand and it shows up for both players just a very short moment (in an instant as I sip my coffee and look away). This is frustrating for new players, because they don't know all cards effects from start. Also there is no reason to make tooltips for some cards and for others just not.

Then there is an other tooltip problem. I still think it should be showed as tooltip at which level you get which portraits. Because for the ranks you instantly see what frame you get and same goes for the title you see at which rank you get which title. It would be more uniform if everything worked the same way or is the beta already perfectly polished?

Then the disappearing cards during the mulligan actually DO affect the gamePLAY. (Generally, gameplay is considered to be the overall experience of playing a video game). You probably mean outcome of the game. As you say it would be nice to see it so why shouldn't they change it?

By advanced tutorial you probably mean tooltips because an ingame or external tutorial wouldn't resolve any of the things I mentioned.

RE finding a 'worthy' level-appropriate opponent.
The algorithm currently sucks dog bones. I just played 4 matches with NO ROUND WINS because my opponents all had cards that easily scored 100 -200 points per round, while my best henstelt and 3 card NR combo gets me a big 26 points...
SUGGESTION:
Keep track of User round scores, then match them accordingly to other players, NOT by level necessarily.

i think the decks need there faction abilities returned as it helped play the decks themselves and made the game more enjoyable as they wernt drasticly game changing also cards that are able to auto-play other cards need caping of some sort, ive had an opponant playing nilfgaard play a spy (the specific cards of this game have been lost to me) allowing him to bring out a card with like power 10 that let hm play another card so he played a spay letting play another high power card, meaning he gained a huge lead while i could do nothing, i feel like something like that shouldnt happen to that high an extent, i feel like most changes seem to favore non-monster deck users (meaning monster decks seem to get harder to play and weaker with each change), also i find it insulting that since my level progress was reset from closed beta i have been put against higher level players with more customised decks where as i lost my decks so i feel the match making needs a little altering

DannyGuy With counterproductive stupid Card effects I mean cards in the game, which if you use them at the wrong moment, because for example it is the last card that you can use, that the card effeccts can even turn against yourself, because the game doesn#t differentiate, if the cards's effect would be at the moment harmful for you or not.

Example

Nilfgaard Set.

There you have this mangonel card that can throw spys which destroy all the weakest cards of a line you hat put it on.
then there exists in this deck this card, which can drow spies from the enemy side back to your side ....

Now think on a situation what happens, if that said card is basically the last card you can use, and what happens, when whyever the ebnemy can successfully force you to drow that destructive spy card of the mangonel over to your side, and not the spy that you actually wanted, because whyever some card effects lead first to the destruction of the spy card you wanted to take over, so that a round later the destructive spy reduces some points of your enemy.....leading to your card taking over the destructiver spy to your side and actually destroying this way your own points!!!

and thios freakingly happens so often with this stupid shit card effect, that Ive chosen to immediately discard this crap instanty mostly all the time at the first round, because of this counterproductive backfire effect that this card can have if you play it together with those mangonels.

A situation, that could be simply solved, if the game would differentiate between harmful spies and non harmful spies to allow you to take over only spies that won't harm your own side, if you take them over from the enemy side.

Yes, there exist card decks like the skeliige set, that play also around alot with the self harming and destroying mechanic, but nilfgaard absolutely doesn't do that and as such should also the spies work in only 1 way direction - harmign the enemy and lettign you profit liek the spies being parasites that you want to get rid of quickly and which should harm you if you take them back to your side, regardless of what the effect is.
it should be even the other way around basically.. spy cards with harmful effects should basically BUFF you, if you take them back to you, because they have enemy intel from which you can profit
In case of the mangonel effect the effect shouldnt be a "spy" in my opinion. That effect should count as own neutral card type which shouldn't be affected by anything but weather cards...and those that can move a card around on the lines.
That way it wouldn't happen also anymore, if i use that card with that I can take spies over to my side back ,that I unwantedly have to take my mangonels destructive effects over to me too and basicalyl destroy myself, what is just counterproductive and stupid card design.

All cards in all cards should be designed so that their effects benefit you. If any card in any deck can negetatively backfire on you, then that cards effect needs to get changed. Thats simply what I wanted to say.
I don't belief that anybody here is happy about it, if you suddenly practically defeat yourself with your own cards, only because of some silly cards backfiring on you, because they could'#t differentiate if their effect will be at the moment of anybenefit for you, or not.

---

About the post with having like 2 and a half years to play to get a full deck...
2 and a half years is nothing for an online game!!! people play online games like guild wars, wow and co for like over 10 years and don''t complain about that spent time.
Why is that so? Because peopel which play onlione games of any sort, be it now MMORPG, card game, browsergame ect. pp, simply EXPECT from these games, that they entertain them for a long time, that these games provide a certain longevity and that you don't have reached and done everythin in them already in like a a couple of weeks already.

if it would need 2 and a half yrears to play get for completely free 5500 dust to be able to upgrade all cards without having to play a single cent, then this is quite good just to say...
There exist the typical kind of asia grinder mmos out there, which let you basically grind these kind of games theoreticalyl for multiple DECADES of years just to be able to gain everything in these games and become one of the best players due to felt abysmal drop rates for items of like 0,0000000000001% or so and character progression which becomes over time extremely more time taking so more you progress in the game.
Nothing of that is what I suggested here.
The only stupid people I see here are those, who believe that getting everything by just playing the game for free is "Pay to Win" (lol) ,only because of the visually most impressive version of the cards should have a tiny stronger point value of +1.
But thats just the typical usual reation of people, which will be always unable to truly understand the real meaning of "Pay to Win", regardless of how oftenly you try to explain them that, because they are simply too jealous of players which just have more time to play a game and that these players naturally will always have by that difference an advantage over others which can't plays as much in progressive games that are based on the fact that you have them to play alot to progress in them slowly if you want to spent no money on them to quicken your progress to be instantly competitive with the highest ranking players which spent real money to get quicker their decks full with the best cards.

If people truly are so aggressive agaisnt any form of P2W, then tell CDPR to remove from the game the option to buy card kegs for real money.. problem solved. because if nobody can buy cards for real money, then there is also no pay to win possible!! but sadly this won't happen, because thats CDPR's payment model for the games servers currently, so that the game can stay live.. servers and developers don't magically pay themself or work for free!!

Thats why I suggested that CDPR should find other ways to financiate their game and developers instead of havign to buy cards.
There exist alot of other options with that CDPR can make money, it doesn't have to be the cheapest of all sales methods ever - RNG sales where people pay money just to get something RANDOM (this kinds of sales method imo belongs prohibited by law if you ask me!!)
People should pay for things that don't have directly somethign to do with the game's cards, like background music/themes, mechandise articles like a physical form of the gwent game so that you can play gwent if you want also physically at home with your friends and family, hoodies, t-shirts,m plushies and the like, with stuff liek that can you make good money as well without that you have to hold the RNG-carrot in front of your customers to artificially milk us out like cash cows that we are only for them

Top Bottom