Improving speed: Make "opponent forfeited" textbox dismiss itself automatically

+
Hello,

I'm rather new to the forums, but there's something concerning the speed of the game that's been bugging me, even back in the beta. I saw that there's been discussions here about the "Forfeit-mentaility", even suggestions about how to reduce the number of forfeits - what I am concerned with is the result of a forfeit, and how to improve that.

If you simply win (or lose) the game, you get a nice victory animation for a few seconds and then you are good to go to the end screen points, GG, and next match. However, if the opponent forfeits, while you still get the animations, a totally unnecessary and blunt textbox then jumps in the middle, saying "Your opponent forfeited" with just a single OK button that you must click to move forward to the end screen.
It's not that annoying, and I understand that the player should be informed that they won because the opponent forfeited, but is that textbox truly necessary? Wouldn't it be a lot more dynamic and speedy if this information was just a label that accompanies the end animation? See the attached image. Text of course in nicer font, better alignment, etc...
The point is to eliminate the rather crude textbox that pops up in the middle of the nice victory banner, and avoiding an absolutetly unnecessary click button. It's not much, but would definitely improve the end-game flow in my opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2019-05-12 20-10-56.png
    Screenshot at 2019-05-12 20-10-56.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 42

rrc

Forum veteran
Very good point! In fact, in UX design for any product, the number of clicks the user has to do is given a huge priority. That is, to keep the number of pop-ups, number of clicks the user has to do to an absolute minimum. And as you said, this pop-up and the necessity to click is absolutely unnecessary and can be done as you have mentioned. I sincerely hope CDPR considers this Quality Of Life improvement. It should be pretty easy to implement and can give a huge QoL improvement.

[But.. but.. did you have to add salt to every ST's injury by having the screenshot of SK beating ST with two Gold cards in hand? :cry::p:p]

In fact, in UX design for any product, the number of clicks the user has to do is given a huge priority. That is, to keep the number of pop-ups, number of clicks the user has to do to an absolute minimum. And as you said, this pop-up and the necessity to click is absolutely unnecessary and can be done as you have mentioned.
Yeah, small quality of life improvement :)

[But.. but.. did you have to add salt to every ST's injury by having the screenshot of SK beating ST with two Gold cards in hand? :cry::p:p]
Oh, I swear that was non-intentional, it's just the first screenshot I caught :shrug:

Top Bottom