In Defense of Unseen Elder

+
In Defense of Unseen Elder

I beg you CDPR, do NOT change this card. I know a lot of people say Unseen Elder is Dudu +5 points but he is much more than that. He's a reliable leader in both long and short rounds. He completely smashes so many decks that rely on big units to win a game. I am very satisfied with this leader and I hope he never changes.

Why does it need to have synergy? Having every leader a carbon copy idea of synergy with deck seems silly. Hes unique for providing his own flavour of swing to the board when you need it, i for one think hes perfectly balanced as is. :cheers:

Someone on the Gwent subreddit posted their custom cards for new vampires, which have great synergy with drain and full moon, if one day CDPR decides to do something similar then the Unseen Elder will become useful, as for now, he's not.

edit: link

ChaosPhantom819;n10461622 said:
Unseen Elder is such a weird leader. He's the only leader who doesn't really have any synergy with his deck. He night as well be a Gold Card.

That's what I like about him, he's a real loner after all. The card is true to the character.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im a fan of Unseen Elder too, although like it's been said, he doesnt really fit into an archetype, which i like as i usually wanna try weird stuff and dont let the opponent know what to expect.

I tried a deck with Ekimmaras but they're basically just points, so i tried to go with the theme of vampires and did a full / blood moon deck and it was quite fun, might go back to it.

Elder is fine in my opinion. I use him pretty frequently when I'm trying out different decks, he usually sees consistent value

After actually playing around with him a bit, I actually really like elder. He doesn't fit into a single archetype, but I think that's what makes him good.

There's a lot Leaders out there that have no synergies or doesn't fit into a single archetype (Radovid, Crach, Calveit, etc.), and even for the majority of the rest while they may have some synergy with cards or archetypes, they work great even as a standalone utility or tech card (e.g. you don't have to use Dagon in a dedicated attrition deck).

I would like to keep it that way, so we don't get restricted to play one out of a couple archetypes.

Top Bottom