In-depth SPOILER FREE review of TW3 by a gamer.

+
Have you SEEN the PS4 reviews? Everyone (except a few that are clueless about the workings of the Witcher universe) have given it praises for the story..

thanks for the response.

@Dragonbird the post was a question directed at arram, in respect to the main story.

As for the combat, I actually liked it in tw2. moreso than koar or dai at least. Although. improved sign gameplay and more weighted combat would be nice. I liked the m,elee/magic gameplay that tw2 brought. tw3 combat doesn't look much different.

Ok...last question from me...ArRam have you fought that giant zebra/stag/whatsitname so far? Seriously, that's easily the best designed monster I've come across. Can you take trophies and put them on Roach...or is it more specific quest/monster related when Geralt does his standard head delivery? Are there any really gigantic, like that Kayran fellow, monsters in this game? How would you say that monster variety compares with Skyrim and Dragon Age?

With tw3, as I am with all games, I am concerned that main story will be sacrificed for opem-world.

I hate open world games. I hated TES, and I did not really like DAI all that much (da:eek: being one of my all time faves)

I do not want to spend 60 hours killing goats or delivering letters. I do not even want to spend it doing GOOD side quests. I want to spend my time driving an intricate and intriguing plot and seeing how it unfolds. I want to pogress through story, not spend hours exploring or collecting 10 hides (i can go hiking/hunting in real life)

I just really like stories, decisions, characters, etc. can you comment o n the quality of the main story? One reviewer who reviewed DAI saying the side quests were generic and the world felt unconnected (a reviewer who i agreed with) also reviewed tw3 and said the side quests were good but the main story was lackluster and fetch quest filled.

Can you comment on this about the main story?
Main story is as interesting and intriguing as the side quests! If you are referring to IGN's review, in my opinion, it was a very lazy review. One can not review a game so big in 5 minutes. Also, the story has 36 different endings. His played only one of them.... So... dont worry.

---------- Updated at 04:29 AM ----------

Ok...last question from me...ArRam have you fought that giant zebra/stag/whatsitname so far? Seriously, that's easily the best designed monster I've come across. Can you take trophies and put them on Roach...or is it more specific quest/monster related when Geralt does his standard head delivery? Are there any really gigantic, like that Kayran fellow, monsters in this game? How would you say that monster variety compares with Skyrim and Dragon Age?
Hahaha! I wont spoil anything for you brother! Let the sense of discovery blow your mind. Dont spoil the game for yourself by asking so many questions. I dont mind answering them, but I wont, for ur sake. :)
I fought a few monsters yes, but not all of them. I only saw a few. I finally want to play this game on PC. So I am not doing much on PS4 as of now.
And yes, there are many many more monsters in witcher 3 than DA:I and Skyrim combined. Now relax and wait for the game. Less than 24 hours now.
Can you go to kaer morhen anytime you want after it's unlocked? or is it just a 1 time thing?
You can go to Kaer Morhen anytime you want. Its also not a one time thing.

Is the entire city of Vizima in TW3 ? Since you get to go to the palace,I guess that means the actual city is explorable in TW3 ?

Thanks for this! This close to release, it's hard to find spoiler-free opinions from people who have played the game that aren't buried by... ahem... "discussions" about the "downgrade".

Thanks for this! This close to release, it's hard to find spoiler-free opinions from people who have played the game that aren't buried by... ahem... "discussions" about the "downgrade".
Thanks brother! Its bothering how much the community is hell bent on proving that its a downgrade. And now, some of them are not happy because there is apparently no difference between PS4 and PC.
Not everyone has a GTX 980.... CDPR did a great job fine tuning the game for lower end PCs. I do not understand why some of them are just not satisfied. The game looks amazing. I pity them.

Hey, ArRam, a couple more questions:

Does dodging or rolling in combat consume stamina/vigor/endurance (whatever it is called), or can you do that infinitely?

Can you take damage when rolling or dodging, or does that make you immune?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, ArRam, a couple more questions:

Does dodging or rolling in combat consume stamina/vigor/endurance (whatever it is called), or can you do that infinitely?

Can you take damage when rolling or dodging, or does that make you immune?

Thanks in advance.
There are two types of dodge. Fast dodge and dodge roll. Only Dodge roll consumes stamina. you can take damage while dodge, it does not make you immune.

Top Bottom