In fact, Cyberpunk 2077 caused such a situation, there were signs before the game was release

+
The Witcher 3 was released before people could find a large number of free unofficial demos on Youtube, while all information about Cyberpunk was under the control of CDPR itself, whether it was a review or a demo you couldn't find a free demo, so the sources came from CDPR itself, even those so-called media demo CDPR also asked journalists not to record videos, ironically just like the world of Cyberpunk In 2077 the reality is that CDPR is in control of the media, at least before the release, they made a controlled review, their marketing department made a lot of hype, but the game was released, the lies were exposed, CDPR please reflect on yourselves, do not put too many resources into marketing, reorganize your management, and properly upgrade your technical and game design capabilities. I still look forward to your next game, but only if you really change and do not dwell on the past!

The control of media was sketchy like you said, but unfortunately people did not think too much about it because CDPR was well received when they made the Witcher series. The game needed more time, CDPR kept calming the game was finished when it wasn't, the CEO lied about 8th gen console performance and because of all of this, it bit them hard in the rear end.

Lets hope that they learn from this, unlike some other companies out there.

I personally didn't think about it. Because Doom did this as well. They decided to not let people review the game. Till it was relased for everyone. And the game was good. So I was like. Oh, CD is doing the same tactic.

Top Bottom