In game character Perspective!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loostreaks;n10866841 said:
in third person view, You would see it well ahead of your Character

Not necessarily if the player isn't allowed vision beyond what the character can see (or remember seeing in the immediate past). The character can hear things and game can give a visual cue to the player tha the PC does indeed hear there's something behind the corner, but (unless perception is high) he can't interpret it and so can't the player.

kofeiiniturpa;n10866911 said:
Not necessarily if the player isn't allowed vision beyond what the character can see (or remember seeing in the immediate past). The character can hear things and game can give a visual cue to the player tha the PC does indeed hear there's something behind the corner, but (unless perception is high) he can't interpret it and so can't the player.

In third person, you automatically see through a far wider perspective since camera is positioned behind the main character It has nothing to do with perception score.

Yeah. If this is true, I'm probably going to be skipping it until it goes on sale. I don't play CDPR games to play a first person shooter. That's what I've got CoD for.

Loostreaks;n10866971 said:
In third person, you automatically see through a far wider perspective since camera is positioned behind the main character It has nothing to do with perception score.

Wouldn't you say that that wider view counts for representing the peripheral view and other perceptive senses that first person view lacks? First person gives you a vision of the world not dissimiliar to that of a horse with blinders, and if you stretch the view to 100 degrees, it creates an unnatural fisheye view (at least it has in games I've played with it - and you don't really consider it peripheral view anyway but just stretched borders, which it is).

I was just trying to imagine game mechanisms in third person that would lack the drawbacks you gave it.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10867061 said:
Yeah. If this is true, I'm probably going to be skipping it until it goes on sale. I don't play CDPR games to play a first person shooter. That's what I've got CoD for.

how could CDPR miss the mark with this? again if its true...is this what happened when the game was rebooted?

animalfather;n10867111 said:
how could CDPR miss the mark with this? again if its true...is this what happened when the game was rebooted?

Yep, if its true is definitely the key phrase here. I've been doing some digging to see how credible GP is as an outlet, as well as asking a few of my colleagues. Guess we won't know for sure until E3.

Assuming it's true for the sake of discussion, I would definitely agree that they'd be missing the mark. Having the option, at the very least, is a necessity for me. Exclusively first person games make me sick, even with higher FOV. I had to play most of Skyrim in third person for that reason.

I get the feeling a lot of old ideas may have been thrown out when they "Rebooted" the game, as you said. This could definitely be one of them.

And wall-running? Please. I know it's very possible in real life, but I hope that isn't given to every character no matter their skills.

EDIT: Dug a bit. GamePressure is a polish outlet with much closer proximity to CDPR HQ than other outlets out there. This makes it more likely (not guaranteed) that they are telling the truth. Much more likely that one of their writers stumbled into a bar and made friends with a CDPR employee than it would be for any other outlet.

Last edited:
animalfather;n10866871 said:
action of which will take place on the Moon
Huh. For me completely unexpected, but it opens so many possibilities.
I guess that if there is good story to it, it could blow minds.

VR could be insane sell boost to this, if there are some appropriate space effects.

I somehow connect this with Interstellar movie - like drained Earth and some attempts of space colonization.
But it must be done pretty decent though, for game not to turn to some cliche.

animalfather;n10866871 said:
one of the features that the studio is working on is wall-running
There was some article about 3D movement in the game.
Hope that it will balanced to feel unique and expensive to use, for the feel of that life in the streets bellow still exists and matters.
and not to make the game like cliche jumper counter strike brainless shooter.

If the Moon thing is truth, I believe we are in for THE show :)

Suhiira;n10867201 said:
I pray they're talking out their ass, because if not I guess I won't be playing CP2077.

I did some digging. A friend told me GP is a Polish outlet, placing them much closer to CDPR's HQ than any other mainstream outlet out there. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it certainly makes it more likely. I'm looking through their past articles to see if they've made any other claims that have been proven true. Will update everyone when I find something.

And yes, I totally agree. FPP exclusively is a no-buy for me (fine with having both as an option).

Last edited:
0248991;n10867191 said:
Huh. For me completely unexpected, but it opens so many possibilities.
I guess that if there is good story to it, it could blow minds.

VR could be insane sell boost to this, if there are some appropriate space effects.

I somehow connect this with Interstellar movie - like drained Earth and some attempts of space colonization.
But it must be done pretty decent though, for game not to turn to some cliche.

There was some article about 3D movement in the game.
Hope that it will balanced to feel unique and expensive to use, for the feel of that life in the streets bellow still exists and matters.
and not to make the game like cliche jumper counter strike brainless shooter.

If the Moon thing is truth, I believe we are in for THE show :)

As much as I don't care for the concept of Moon gameplay, I think CDPR is definitely the company to pull it off without resorting to cliches.

Snowflakez;n10867171 said:
EDIT: Dug a bit. GamePressure is a polish outlet with much closer proximity to CDPR HQ than other outlets out there. This makes it more likely (not guaranteed) that they are telling the truth. Much more likely that one of their writers stumbled into a bar and made friends with a CDPR employee than it would be for any other outlet.

dude its a freaking PR outlet for CDPR did u watch the video, pure PR speak throughout. They are testing the waters with this reveal before E3 and if you check neogaf resetera or youtube people are not happy.

Snowflakez;n10867231 said:
FPP exclusively is a no-buy for me

More about what is done with it with me... theoretically I mean, not that what that would be is likely to happen here at least to its fullest extent. But you never know.

Last edited:
This is pure rumour.

I expect my beloved Ratlings. here, to behave sanely and with reason regardless of how other places behave.

Good lord. "The switch to FPS may come as a surprise, but it will lend itself to more action-paced gameplay..."

Is this an April Fools' joke? It has to be, right?

animalfather;n10867281 said:
dude its a freaking PR outlet for CDPR did u watch the video, pure PR speak throughout. They are testing the waters with this reveal before E3 and if you check neogaf resetera or youtube people are not happy.

GRY-Online.pl - GamePressure, its just english version of biggest polish video game site, they are not PR outlet, they just have clickbait article which will bring them good amount of clicks and attention. and CDPR probably is not happy with any leaks before official re-reveal, it doesnt help.

Sardukhar;n10867321 said:
This is pure rumour.

I expect my beloved Ratlings. here, to behave sanely and with reason regardless of how other places behave.

Sure, it is. No reason not to discuss our worries, though. And agreed, this doesn't need to devolve into the Reddit's current state. :p

Sneky;n10867351 said:
GRY-Online.pl - GamePressure, its just english version of biggest polish video game site, they are not PR outlet, they just have clickbait article which will bring them good amount of clicks and attention. and CDPR probably is not happy with any leaks before official re-reveal, it doesnt help.

Correct. Definitely not a PR outlet for anybody. Some news organizations are owned by companies (Despite claims of independence) but that's not the case here.

I mean... I always expected it to be part FPS and as long as it's not exclusively a first person perspective I have no problems with it. Since the game has some degree of CC going on I imagine we will be able to see our character during conversations. There are also supposed to be in-game driveable vehicles and since no game has ever done a good job with first person vehicle camera I'm inclined to believe they will employ third person there too.

Could turn out to be something similar to the modern Deus Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom