In game character Perspective!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In game character Perspective!

I believe the game should go with 3rd person perspective as default. By all means give us a first person perspective option, but the default should be 3rd person. When its done the other way around, like in the Fallout games, the character just looks goofy when they move, especially when they run or strafe. Plus, 3rd person allows me to see my awesome character.

/co-signed. For the scope and the direction I think they're going, 3rd person default would be tops.

If I want to play a FPS game, there's a metric CRAPTON of shooters that fill that niche.

I wanna see my toon's awesome Soviet-bloc cyber gear, whaling on those poseurgangers that tried starting something they shouldn't have.

I can't see how a game featuring guns heavily can be 3rd person and feel good.

First person with body awareness (think ArmA2) combined with the Oculus Rift would be amazing.

I fall neatly into the divide on this one. I want 2nd person. Maybe 2nd and a half?

Third person shooters just suck. I know, prejudicial! But still true, if you want a great shooter, it's 1st person generally. If for no other reason than your FoV isn't occluded by, well, yourself.

First Person RPGs are often awkward, though, and lack that sense of, "Damn am I a bad ass!" I found DE HR had a nice mix, in that I crouched against cover so often I spent quite a lot of time admiring Jensen's fine-tuned...ahem.

Third Person does tend to jerk me out of my immersion a fair bit. Racing down a steep slope in Skyrim or dodging enemy in System Shock 2 was very involving..much more so than anything I did in, say Hitman or Batman recently.

First Person makes me want to turn my head to look around, though, and constantly frustrates me with my lack of peripheral vision. A lot! Maddening, really.

So, yeah. Could go either way. Or neither.

3rd person. Melee doesn't work well in first person, it just doesn't. And we know we're getting melee.

I'd prefer 1st person with a 3rd person option. Playing a shooter in 3rd person doesn't feel natural at all, but I do want to be able to ogle my character now and then, especially since customization is likely going to be a big part of the game. 3PS perspectives lead to unpleasant console mechanics such as cover systems, which absolutely rob games of their visceral impact. In first person, you are there, under fire and under threat. In third person, you're detached from the situation, which tends to make the experience feel like you're controlling a playing piece on a game board. I want to be IN Night City, not observing it from a distance.

That said, I'll play it even if it's 3rd-person. I just won't play it for as long as I would otherwise. The cash will still be spent though.

Jayve

Forum regular
3rd person with 1st person as option. I want to be able to see my own unique character in all his/her glory. But being able to switch to 1st person now and then is also great. So both. Both is good.

In first person, you are there, under fire and under threat. In third person, you're detached from the situation, which tends to make the experience feel like you're controlling a playing piece on a game board.
Interesting. I actually feel the opposite; first person perspective, I don't really get a feel of where things are (like cover from gunfire) in relation to where I am. Also, since I can't see my toon, I don't really feel a connection to the goings-on or the storyline.

Although I get where you're coming from, Redge, do you also feel disconnected from your own world-view? That's why we find 1st person immersive - we're using it right now. Third person is watching-TV-time for me.

Which isn't to say I don't feel immersed - I do! It's just not -as- immersive.

I'd prefer 3rd person with an option to go into first person mode, but it's up to what engine they are using and the strengths it has in each.

It will be 3rd person guys please don't worry. Remember one of the CDPR conferences when they were joking about having that blue jacket from the game?

/co-signed. For the scope and the direction I think they're going, 3rd person default would be tops.

If I want to play a FPS game, there's a metric CRAPTON of shooters that fill that niche.

I wanna see my toon's awesome Soviet-bloc cyber gear, whaling on those poseurgangers that tried starting something they shouldn't have.

We have Prey 2 for that

The heck this game should be 3rd person, and it better be other wise, what is the fun to customize a character, in the first place. And i don't think the gameplay of this game will be any close as the wonky walking of Fallout3 lol

3rd person without the need to go to first person. I don't like first person at all.
I feel ya.

Definitely third person perspective. If you REALLY need to, add a first person option, but build up the game with third person in mind or like they said, we'll have another Fallout 3.

Interesting. I actually feel the opposite; first person perspective, I don't really get a feel of where things are (like cover from gunfire) in relation to where I am. Also, since I can't see my toon, I don't really feel a connection to the goings-on or the storyline.

Yeah, I know you're not alone in your camp. Many people feel the same. I cut my carboglass teeth on games like Quake, Doom and Half-Life, none of which were third-person games. I don't think I even played a 3PS until a few years ago. Unfortunately, they've nearly all left me supremely unsatisfied with the experience. All except Batman, Arkham Asylum. I have to admit, I really enjoyed that one. But that game was exceptionally well-made and suited to a lot of melee and acrobatics. Given how much guns are featured in CP, lining up a target by looking over my toon's shoulder just will never sit right, even if she's a chrome-plated goddess. That would help though.

Although I get where you're coming from, Redge, do you also feel disconnected from your own world-view? That's why we find 1st person immersive - we're using it right now. Third person is watching-TV-time for me.

Which isn't to say I don't feel immersed - I do! It's just not -as- immersive.
*nods* So ka.

Honestly, as long as there's a choice between the two, I'd be happy.

If, for whatever reason, they could ONLY build one view into the game, my vote would be 3rd person.

Yeah, I know you're not alone in your camp. Many people feel the same. I cut my carboglass teeth on games like Quake, Doom and Half-Life, none of which were third-person games.

But they were shooters... Not RPG games.. RPG game should be more like the movie where u are an actor but can make the decisions. There are not many movies with first person perspective and mostly it is just for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom