In game character Perspective!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4149880

BOTH!!!! I think both views are great, 3rd person is great for character action, while I like 1st person inside vehicles or mechs. Just like the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer where the MAX TAC dude and the cyber chick inside the back of a transport vehicle. I want to see that in pretty much any vehicle. Most games take the easy way out and do the opposite and make vehicle perspective in 3rd person. Ahhh I hate it so much, and none of that Dues Ex cover switch BS

I think all combat other than scoped weapons ought to be from the 3rd person perspective. I would like it if general exploring was in third person by default, but you could push a button and switch to 1st person in order to view items up close. I would also like it if some activities (driving, hacking, UI interaction with whatver the mobile device is, aiming a scoped weapon) are done from 1st person perspective.

Rawls;n9364161 said:
I think all combat other than scoped weapons ought to be from the 3rd person perspective.

I think we should set you on fire. FIRE.

I vote 3rd person.

It's what CDPR has done in the past, what they have done extremely well, and what I suspect the engine has been built to do.
First-person games are in my opinion, for when shooting is really the be all and end all of the title.

CP77 I suspect is about much more than dropping bad guys.
I might be a bit jaded how Fallout 4 really was Skyrim with guns, but I suspect that CP77 will follow TW3 in key ways, and that is perfectly fine by me.

FPP gives me headache, there's the disadvantage to see only what's in front of you, not what's around, and you can't see the character that you created. If CDPR has the resources to do boths, than by all means I support both, but if it's only one, than TPP.

Guest 4149880

I would prefer that changing viewpoint is more apart of your setup or load out rather than a button press on the fly because proper FPP gameplay is very different then TPP and if they want to get the most out of each perspective it should also change how your character moves and performs in combat and both views have their own advantages to the build you're making.

I generally prefer TPP, but there are times (searching, aiming) that FPP is handy as hell.
So I still vote for both being available with a hotkey to swap between the two.

eraser7278;n9654561 said:
[h=1]Q: Which Viewpoint Do You Prefer?[/h] A: My own, all the other viewpoints are WRONG!

I also accept very very similar viewpoints on Open Minded Days. Only those though!

I'm torn, but I'm going to have to say Third-Person. I really love seeing my characters in RPGs.

However, when I play Beth-style games (which I play almost exclusively in First-Person), it draws me into the moment sooo much more.

So, Third-Person is more aesthetically gratifying...and I prefer it...sometimes...but First-Person makes for a better gameplay experience.

There. I'm glad I finally cleared that up for myself.

I love seeing my character. To see them is actually more immersive I think, perhaps counter intuitively, even though I still see myself as them and so on. It helps you feel a sense of self that you can't get with first person because first person feels disconnected and you're unaware of your body, whereas we humans have an awareness of ourselves so we're not truly "First person" in a way, we're like a mix of the two to an extent.

When I play Skyrim and Fallout games, I go back and forth soooo frequently that I don't even really think about it, I just go between first and third person reflexively for different things.

I'd prefer a really well made third person than any first person though. But I prefer a really well made third person WITH a really well made first person with body perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom