+

What type of Journal System would you like to see in Cyberpunk 2077

• Journal System like The Witcher 3 Dandelion

• Personal Diary

• Fan Based Web Blog

• News Cast

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
For a more "blank slate" like V that wouldn't work too well imo.

It was handled like a journalist sticking a microphone in your face on the street (or making a phone call to you, which would be easier) & asking for a statement about some event.

Media guy: So rumour has it that you were involved in that shoot out at the Arasaka building earlier today, care to comment?
V: (1) Get lost, fool!
(2) Nah man, not me, that was just another day in Night City, know what I mean?
(3) You may well think that but I couldn't possibly comment <wink>
(4) Why? You looking to hire my services?

Your reply will have some effect on what gets reported, meaning you have some means to shape the story based on the kind of V you are running.

It was handled like a journalist sticking a microphone in your face on the street (or making a phone call to you, which would be easier) & asking for a statement about some event.

No no no, I definitely do not want anything like that. Not as a main narrative implementation.

Not a huge fan, as a player character. Do Not Want my deeds chronicled - would eliminate any media trying to do so. Fame is bad for some kinds of work. Lots of kinds of work.

As a Player and Ref, I think that a Media following you and chronicling you is super awesome and amusing. Could have it be a Netrunner Media - harder to find and gives them access to all sorts of stuff.

Could have the news and screamsheet reports change your name or fuzz your face in some amusing way and have it be only partially successfull, heh heh.
Yeah, having your character called out by name is maybe not such a great idea, especially if you're a solo or netrunner. But the reporting could be more vague and then have conventional codex entries detailing your progress in missions.

Media guy: So rumour has it that you were involved in that shoot out at the Arasaka building earlier today, care to comment?
V: (1) Get lost, fool!
(2) Nah man, not me, that was just another day in Night City, know what I mean?
(3) You may well think that but I couldn't possibly comment <wink>
(4) Why? You looking to hire my services?

Your reply will have some effect on what gets reported, meaning you have some means to shape the story based on the kind of V you are running.
I like the idea for certain points in the game. V will be making waves eventually and people are going to notice, so media interactions akin to Mass Effect would be cool. However, having someone following you and telling the documentary of your rise (and possible fall) would be a bit too much.

I think there has been a little miss understanding here. I didnt say shit about wanting to be famous.. I said I want too hear about my exploits in the news. for example

" there has been a violent gun battle in the ware house district today as 9 bodies belonging too the Malestrom booster gang where found dead. raising tonight's night city body count to 19 . local reports indicate that some Millitech heavy hitters might have been involved. we approached Millittech for answers but they deny any involvement. In other news man gets bio sculpted too look like his cat "

Last edited:
Hey,
what about just having same (visual) "structure" - as about in witcher 3 - quests in the left side vertical column, and some entries on the right;
but those individual entries could have different background, different style, or whatever.

So, if you select some personal quest, then you can see it as some personal notes,
if you select some quest well known in media, it could be like newspaper article,
etc...

But personally; I don't care - it would be enough to have something on the base of witcher 3 journal, but maybe more... accessible and fluent... ?

Top Bottom