• Journal System like The Witcher 3 Dandelion

• Personal Diary

• Fan Based Web Blog

• News Cast

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trazon

Forum regular
So thinking about Immersion, and Following your Personal Story. Would love to have a Journal system in place. I loved reading through them in games, just seeing the interactions with the world from inside the game itself. My idea I would love a Fan based blog, or a Personal Diary system of V tracking "Their way to Fame"

Another way could be "Exploits of Edgerunners" a Internet Blog, written by Fan's of Edgerunners who follow the exploits/Life and job's of Various Edgerunners.

Or the Tried and True method of Dandelions story of Geralt. What are your thoughts on the Subject what kind of styles would you want to see implemented or used?
I know its probably too late since they have a system in place already most likely but a interesting subject nonetheless.

Last edited:
News cast baby! I want too see my Headlines all over them scream sheets.

well I hope they will be bring in the Scream sheets from cyberpunk 2020 and it just would not be cyberpunk if they didn't have the Friday Night Fire Fight Lottery .

Last edited:

Trazon

Forum regular
News cast baby! I want too see my Headlines all over them scream sheets.

well I hope they will be bring in the Scream sheets from cyberpunk 2020 and it just would not be cyberpunk if they didn't have the Friday Night Fire Fight Lottery .

Yea I like the idea of being able to walk up to a news vendor and seeing your Exploits on the Front page, especially after bigger mission's But something else or more for the smaller life choices too.

Put the media in Dandelion's role and I'm happy. Maybe even make it a particular investigative reporter following your deeds.

Hmm that could work, especially if you keep running into them, and being able to give them different responses would effect how they write about You, personality wise, Like if you was friendly/hateful/flirty/disinterested/etc

Not a huge fan, as a player character. Do Not Want my deeds chronicled - would eliminate any media trying to do so. Fame is bad for some kinds of work. Lots of kinds of work.

As a Player and Ref, I think that a Media following you and chronicling you is super awesome and amusing. Could have it be a Netrunner Media - harder to find and gives them access to all sorts of stuff.

Could have the news and screamsheet reports change your name or fuzz your face in some amusing way and have it be only partially successfull, heh heh.

Trazon

Forum regular
Could have the news and screamsheet reports change your name or fuzz your face in some amusing way and have it be only partially successfull, heh heh.
Hmm that could be Amusing, noticing all the Headlines and news Coverage about a Mysterious New Player (edgerunner) but having no info on who it is, just on the exploits and the chaos/etc left behind by said person.

Hmm that could be Amusing, noticing all the Headlines and news Coverage about a Mysterious New Player (edgerunner) but having no info on who it is, just on the exploits and the chaos/etc left behind by said person.

With occasional video of you doing something nefarious, just to make things worse. Like, finishing an apparently unarmed figure on the ground, or driving through some running-away gangers that had been shooting at you a second before.

V.JPG

"WHO IS THIS MANIAC? CYBERPSYCHO OR JUST PLAIN PSYCHO?"

Trazon

Forum regular
With occasional video of you doing something nefarious, just to make things worse. Like, finishing an apparently unarmed figure on the ground, or driving through some running-away gangers that had been shooting at you a second before.

View attachment 10976786

"WHO IS THIS MANIAC? CYBERPSYCHO OR JUST PLAIN PSYCHO?"
Could be tied into what Role's and path's we take, some get mentioned other's don't, Why I feel a Personal Diary type thing would be best. a kinda Self Biography "My Rise to Fame" By V

Could be tied into what Role's and path's we take, some get mentioned other's don't, Why I feel a Personal Diary type thing would be best. a kinda Self Biography "My Rise to Fame" By V

<Vomit>

Sorry, never played a character like that. But, I don't think I've ever played a Corp or Rocker or Fixer either. Nope.

I did play a Netrunner and they are easily that egotistic, though...

in Shadowrun Hong Kong , you get a pc..and you can read FORUMS lol I enjoyed doing that .

in ME1 , you can hear in an elevator some guy talk about some of the quest you solved . But there is no mention about shepard for exemple . They just report 'X person was arrested '' but shepard name never come up . Which is good , make it sound like a broadcast news channel . Same with MEA....

I be happy to with these 2 , I don't wanna be some celebrity.....

I'm gonna play a nobody in a city filled with lot of nobody....

Like the GTA games where the news reports would talk about your exploits...I always enjoyed those.

"No!" to a book-like wall of text. In order for text to be readable on screen it needs to be adjusted to a medium. This means condensing the lines (in order to fool the brain to think the message is shorter than it really is, because it "looks" shorter) and making frequent breaks with intervals (in order to make the reading task feel less daunting when looking at the whole thing).

But the best way to do this? I really enjoyed how Shadowrun handled the post-action reports. Not only it adhered to the above rules (because the dialog box kind of necessitates it), but also because it was a lot more interactive, engaging, and gave an impression like reading something the actual people would write on the internet.

in Shadowrun Hong Kong , you get a pc..and you can read FORUMS lol I enjoyed doing that .

in ME1 , you can hear in an elevator some guy talk about some of the quest you solved . But there is no mention about shepard for exemple . They just report 'X person was arrested '' but shepard name never come up . Which is good , make it sound like a broadcast news channel . Same with MEA....

I be happy to with these 2 , I don't wanna be some celebrity.....

I'm gonna play a nobody in a city filled with lot of nobody....

Yea I wouldn't really want V mentioned. But more along the lines of Just the news stories being played out for some of the stuff to add environmental flavor, but it did sadden me, that it didn't save anywhere for you to read or liste, like a News Archive.

"No!" to a book-like wall of text. In order for text to be readable on screen it needs to be adjusted to a medium. This means condensing the lines (in order to fool the brain to think the message is shorter than it really is, because it "looks" shorter) and making frequent breaks with intervals (in order to make the reading task feel less daunting when looking at the whole thing).

But the best way to do this? I really enjoyed how Shadowrun handled the post-action reports. Not only it adhered to the above rules (because the dialog box kind of necessitates it), but also because it was a lot more interactive, engaging, and gave an impression like reading something the actual people would write on the internet.
Yea that is what I meant like the Fan Based Blog, something along the lines of what you would see on Forums, about your favorite Celebrity/character etc.

Either personal diary format, or nothing narrative at all.
The "Geralt did X" format works great in the Witcher games, because Geralt is a very well established character (and so is Dandelion). For a more "blank slate" like V that wouldn't work too well imo.

All in all, I wouldn't want a third person journal system for a player character like V. "You did X" might work, but not "V did X". In the Witcher games I play as Geralt, but in Cyberpunk 2077 I will be V (that's how I see it, anyway). And that difference makes the "V did X" format unappealing to me.

A personal diary format would work, however I would prefer a simple journal similar to what Skyrim has (lists quests, quest objectives and one narrative piece in first person that changes as quest progresses, but nothing more).

All that being said, I'm thinking I might want to try to keep a journal myself... but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:
I want to play my character as a Rockerboy, so I'm not against having a fan blog, even if it goes against information hygiene.

For journal I prefer personal diary.

I'd like also to see news cast only having a different meaning to the game. I'd like it to be dynamic depending f.ex. if someone noticed you commiting a crime or not. If you were noticed your name or even photo of you could appear in news. If not then there could be only general information that such crime took place. I'm not sure if it is planned or not but there could be a police system connected with that, so if you appeared in the news you could be wanted by the police.

All that being said, I'm thinking I might want to try to keep a journal myself... but that's a topic for another thread.
Not exactly. It fits this thread too. Exanima gives you access to an in-game journal, where you can write down all you want. So it's literally YOUR journal that you have to write on your own. It helps keep things organized without having to use real pen and paper to take notes about stuff.

But as a stand-alone it would be probably too hardcore for an average player.

Top Bottom