In-Game Purchases

+

Guest 3893205

As far as cards go, you can keep on collecting and crafting whatever you want. What makes you so worried?

There are many ways of earning the thingies you use to buy card packs. As far as those go, Ben gave some insight on how they work here: http://mashable.com/2016/06/16/gwent-witcher-card-game-card-pack-choice

We are trying to make things as friendly for the players as possible.

Of course one could debate that giving away everything for free is an ultimate choice but obviously we can't go that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as cards go, you can keep on collecting and crafting whatever you want. What makes you so worried?

I'm not worried per sae. Like I said I think you guys are cool with what you do. it's just people hear the word Firee to play and Microtransactions and crap their pants. We been burned so many times man. DX

I think it's just a matter of it's not quite clear how it works if that makes sense. You have said you can craft cards for example, but how hard is it to crat a premium card? Can you do that? Do you need another item from another premiun card? Can you earn them from a fight of are premin just buy?

I am the sort of person who for reasons I will not explain likes a clear explanation on how it will work. And I can see others wanting that too. maybe make a post about how the free to play aspect and microtransactions will work?

It is difficult to say how "hard" it is to craft a premium card. They will definitely be craftable and they will definitely appear in card packs. I am not sure as to where your "clear explanation" ends, hope I am clear enough :)

Sounds good to me. Thanks for allying my fears on the matter and sorry if I was annoying.. :)

Even the thought of spending $60 on one card pack per faction is beyond crazy for me. I'm a huge gwent fan but spending $200+ on it is crazytown. Tbh if that is the case then I will be shattered. Gwent is the first card game I've played so disenchantment is new to me so I cannot really comment but I am really worried that it will cost me to much to get the full experience and with limited time to play compared to others. I spend $90 Australian on Witcher 3 and I'm still playing it a year later and will continue to play it for a long time to come. That is unbelievable value for money in today's day and age. I guess I'm just looking at it comparitivley

Last edited:

Guest 3893205

Even the thought of spending $60 on one card pack per faction is beyond crazy for me. I'm a huge gwent fan but spending $200+ on it is crazytown. Tbh if that is the case then I will be shattered. Gwent is the first card game I've played so disenchantment is new to me so I cannot really comment but I am really worried that it may end up being a money grab. The CEO of cd projekt stressed that the game has to be fair for everyone otherwise it won't go ahead so that is some comfort but im still worried

Ummm... I never said anything like what you are implying. I was merely answering the poor soul that prefers to spend $150 than $60, using known and discussed solutions without particularly diving into Gwent.

That being said, our game will be very fair to everyone.

Cheers for that. I've altered my post as I didn't think I got my message across properly so my apologies. Cheers from a huge Witcher fan btw lol

I also want to say thanks for answering these questions. I'm a lot less concerned now. Although as to the choice out of three cards at the start of a pack, I have to ask are all three of that first choice a garanteed minimun rare, or is it a case of only one of those three is a garanteed rare? And can it mix and match like one can be a a rare and one a legendary, or are all three rares?

Also, if I may ask, how does Crafting work?

So you are saying that if you were building a specific deck, you would prefer to spend 150$ on single cards rather than spending 60$ on cardpacks which you then disenchant and craft the very same cards that you wanted?

To answer your question, I would if it meant you could trade your cards with other players for their own cards, to kind of simulate real life TCGs.

Also, not sure why you are stuck on the $150 figure. Moreover, if I have to pay more for a deck I know will be top tier, over packs that will give out completely random cards, that's a trade competitive players are willing to make.

To answer your question, I would if it meant you could trade your cards with other players for their own cards, to kind of simulate real life TCGs.

Also, not sure why you are stuck on the $150 figure. Moreover, if I have to pay more for a deck I know will be top tier, over packs that will give out completely random cards, that's a trade competitive players are willing to make.

Or, like he said his point was, you can dismantle the rubbish cards and build top tier ones for a third of the price. :)

Or, like he said his point was, you can dismantle the rubbish cards and build top tier ones for a third of the price. :)

Sure, I'm not worried about their way of going about things. Just expressed my dislike of the crafting system in Hearthstone and their rates of crafting material acquisition. I suspect for that game, an absolutely tiny minority own all the cards.

Sure, I'm not worried about their way of going about things. Just expressed my dislike of the crafting system in Hearthstone and their rates of crafting material acquisition. I suspect for that game, an absolutely tiny minority own all the cards.

Well he said it's difficult to say how hard it is to craft a Preminum card, which to me says either they are not sure yet, Preminum cards will be hard, or it's more of a case of it could be easy or hard depending on several factors.

Guest 3893205

Trading cards with other players, as interesting it may sound, is not an option. In a digital world of potentially endless supply (open 2000 accounts, fire up 2000 bots, grind, gather cards, trade them) it may - and will - ruin everything, game included.

Also, not sure why you are stuck on the $150 figure.

5 legendaries, 5 epics and other cards that you may need equals $150.

Moreover, if I have to pay more for a deck I know will be top tier, over packs that will give out completely random cards, that's a trade competitive players are willing to make.

If you buy packs and all the cards are useless for you, you can destroy them and gain currency that you use to craft the cards that you want. I kinda like this a bit more than slapping a $5 price tag on Geralt.

So to change the topic slightly, how does crafting work? Since it's a alternative to paying money for cards I'm a little worred about rate of crafting and I saw that as a concern by one of two others too. Though the fact you said it's hard to say how hard it is to craft preimiun cards says to me such a thing is hard to rate.

And sorry if these questions annoy you BTW. When it comes to things ike In game purchases people do worry over things, even when the company is trusted. I will say I'm loving the idea and look of the game so far and you doing a great job.

Guest 3893205

Since premium cards are purely aesthetic (and extremely, extremely pretty), they will be priced accordingly. Obviously our goal is not to make everyone earn them instantly :) But you may expect a fair balance here. Just remember that gameplay-wise premium cards are the same as regular versions, so premiums would be function as a sign of dedication to the game.

Good to know. I look forwards to getting as many as I can. XD

Although something about premium cards that worries me on a diffeent matter: Do they come with those fancy animations we saw in the trailer like the dragonfire or the forst over the screen? I only ask because my laptop is like a decade old at this point and I fear I will not be able to run it. Should not be a issue on my PS4 where i mostly play games, but I of course want to play the beta and I can't do that there.

Since premium cards are purely aesthetic (and extremely, extremely pretty), they will be priced accordingly. Obviously our goal is not to make everyone earn them instantly But you may expect a fair balance here. Just remember that gameplay-wise premium cards are the same as regular versions, so premiums would be function as a sign of dedication to the game.

Also different animations ?
And since cards will be voiced, some differences there too ?
Btw, i would like to see the difference between a normal card and the extremely extremely pretty card :teeth:

Trading cards with other players, as interesting it may sound, is not an option. In a digital world of potentially endless supply (open 2000 accounts, fire up 2000 bots, grind, gather cards, trade them) it may - and will - ruin everything, game included.

Btw, good decision :like:

Guest 3893205

Our goal is to test the economy within closed beta as well. So the answer is yes.

Our goal is to test the economy within closed beta as well. So the answer is yes.

I don't think, that's a good idea.
As far as I know, everything will be wiped after the beta.
So after the beta either refund the money or wipe the progress, but keep the cards, that we bought during the beta.

Top Bottom