In game Vehicles!

+

Aver

Forum veteran
No seriously look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WczVkT2GhwY

In 7:00 when he hits something, car just stops without any other reaction. It has terrible vehicle physics. It's ok for cartoonish game like that, but not for game where you expect realism. If they want to put vehicles in the game then vehicle physics should be at least as good as in APB.

But even then cars would add fair amount silliness to otherwise serious, dark and mature game - running over people without serious consequences, funny car crashes etc. I don't think it would fit.

Brutal Legend (open world) made it well. And it also had the upgrade mechanic asked in this thread.

Well looking at this the game itself is suppose to be funny. Now Witcher is dead serious, heavy and dark, and CP needs to have even darker climate. So I guess having the cars, bikes and AVs implemented in right, realistic way maybe something too difficult to put in this game. Personally again I think vehicles are important for CP but not really core thing. On the other hand I don't want to feel in the game, especially open world game that I am being artificially limited by the game design.

So to solve that I think it should be part of the story - it's not hard to image that in 2077 al vehicles will be autopiloted. U just get into it, say the destination and it drives/flyes u there obeying all traffic regulations, speed limits etc. Of course the rules does not apply to privilidged vehicles. Police/Army/Firefights/Trauma Team and probably hi profile corporate vehicles. And the hacked ones ;) So it would be great for Netrunner for exaple to get control over some vehicle to hijack someone or for player to be catched by some enemy netrunner.

Well for cars not much to think about, but i will love to have an flying skate boards, like in BACK TO THE FUTURE so i can scape cops or whatever more easy and travel really cool.

Skates, skataboards, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and all of that stuff.

And let us have multiple people ride in cars, like what Realtime Worlds did with APB.

A fully functional air-car in an open-world game would be really a DREAM come true, :cool::cool:but I think it's too much to ask of CDPRED... If they had a budget like Assassins Creed 3 maybe, but they dont... :p

I will be happy if there are between 2 and 5 cool car animations and you can use them to fast travel (which is nice in an open world game).;)

If player-owned spinners were implemented, then Night City should have realistic air traffic. Multiple vertical layers of "air streets", and strict traffic rules. Not to mention the spinners should be realistic. They don't have force fields. If you crash into oncoming traffic, you blow up - or you lose control, fall into the ground and then blow up. And die.

They might use vehicles in some quests, to get us from point A to point B with our character as a passenger, having a chat with the driver NPC about the mission or the lore etc.

It would be scripted, but I think a good compromise between no vehicles at all and full freedom - the latter being too expensive and resource consuming to being worth executing. Also, what Aver said - free roam in vehicles could make the game plain silly, and I would live that to GTA with its lighter tone.

Aver

Forum veteran
They might use vehicles in some quests, to get us from point A to point B with our character as a passenger, having a chat with the driver NPC about the mission or the lore etc.

I'm support idea of being able to buy a car and using it to travel. But I'm against idea of driving it manually. Just get inside and choose destination and it will drive there automatically. Like in LA Noir when you ask your partner to drive.

Skates, skataboards, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and all of that stuff.

And let us have multiple people ride in cars, like what Realtime Worlds did with APB.
Yes but, in APB you can't fly helicopters, and on what i see in the teaser, it does look like you can do so, remember that teaser and trailers shown many things that you can do in game or choose to be or play with. That's the way of them showing what you can do in a hiding way.

Aver

Forum veteran
Yes but, in APB you can't fly helicopters, and on what i see in the teaser, it does look like you can do so, remember that teaser and trailers shown many things that you can do in game or choose to be or play with. That's the way of them showing what you can do in a hiding way.

But trailer didn't show main protagonist driving hover craft. It showed hover craft. It also showed news, but it doesn't mean that you can be news caster. ;)

As cool as driving an air car sounds, I'm guessing it's out of the realm of possibility. It's also a lot of wasted resources that I'd like to see spent elsewhere. I don't want this game to be like GTA where you spend half your time driving. There could be other means to speed up foot locomotion I suppose.

I'll just say it here too. I think there shouldn't be manually driven vehicles. If the player, at some point during the game, ends up owning a car, it should be used as a "fast travel" mechanic that replaces some other, more risky or costly, travel mechanics.

I don't think hoverboards scream "not too distant future" there will probably be hoverbikes and hoversportscars though.

Anyone remember Jak and Daxter 2

This is how I think our gameplay with vehicles will look like, There will be some sort of vertical movement like a helicopter.

or maybe something like Saints Row 3 with a hover mode for vertical ascent and a jet mode but I don't think CP2077 will have physics like being able to get out of the jet.

[video=youtube;BVYTh-2uIoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYTh-2uIoQ[/video]

Top Bottom