In game Vehicles!

+
I think we should.. The more realistic is better.

In GTA, i hated the fact cars had seemingly infinite fuel. Also, i hated the the fact we couldn't turn on our headlights whenever we wanted to and we couldn't even open the top of a convertible car. I think it would also be better if the car didn't turn on automatically after entering.. It would be better if you had to press "e" to enter the car and then, press "h" to turn on the engine. That would make the gameplay more realistic.

endless fuel isnt bad in a sandbox game.....Rockstar already tested the idea of your car running out of fuel so you need a petrol station. But the test players didnt liked it so....

endless fuel isnt bad in a sandbox game.....Rockstar already tested the idea of your car running out of fuel so you need a petrol station. But the test players didnt liked it so....

I'd like to believe players are much more mature now. And if nothing else, i think it could work as an option or a difficulty mode. Lets call it realism difficulty. Where you have to eat, sleep and buy fuel for your car. Perfect.

Hm, I was thinking- a lot of our very specific requests could be realized via mods. That's how Skyrim ended up with Frostfall and various other reality imposing gameplay.

Realistically, in a sandbox game, you very rarely run stay in a vehicle long enough to run it out of fuel...

Mafia 2 had the option IIRC, but I only ran out of fuel once in the entire game...

However it could provide a natural barrier to the wastelands or the water... a pop-up message comes up saying (you are about to reach the point of no return, you don't have the fuel to get anywhere, and if you go any further you won't have the fuel to get back...

Hm, I was thinking- a lot of our very specific requests could be realized via mods. That's how Skyrim ended up with Frostfall and various other reality imposing gameplay.

No........... just no.... please lets nto talk about mods handling things before we even know what the game is actually going to be like...

Some of us only play on our console of choice, because we can't afford the gaming rig PC... and it's just heart breaking to see the groovyness that modders get, doubly so when talking about it before the game even hits...

It's very likely the REDkit will be updated and fully compatible when TW3 releases. It would be well worthwhile in about a year to start a thread on ideas for mods for CP 2077.

Wisdom, if there's one game to consider buying a PC for it's this one. CDPR gives all sorts of free content away. MS and Sony don't like that.

Yeah. This.

I love mods - Skyrim isn't really very much fun without Deadly Combat, improved Dragons, true High Res, Dance of Death, Better Vamps, improved UI..and on..and on..

But we only need those things because Bethesda bethesdaed.

CP2077 should be a great and glorious game without mods. I'm sure it will be moddable - look at RED and Witcher - but it's a bit early at this point.

Once we see a feature set, THEN it's time to start talking mods.

But we only need those things because Bethesda bethesdaed.

Bethesda gonna Bethesda.

Attachments

• laughing-at-work.jpg
    laughing-at-work.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 35
Yeah. Yeah they are. Every damn time. I used to shake my head at Blizzard's gameplay decisions, but Bethesda takes the cake. Among game developers whose games I like to play, that is.

The most -baffling- decisions..."This is a game about fighting Dragons! Let's make that pretty boring!" "Hey, I know! Oblivion people complained about the repetitive speech patterns and voices! But have you heard my guy say, "You should join the Mages Guild!" or "Arrow to the knee!"? It's hilarious!"

And then there's dungeon design...yeah. I'll stop now.

One of my -favourite- differences between CDPR and Bethesda is that both surprise me, but Witcher games made me go, "Hey! That's pretty cool! I wish I'd thought of that!"

Surprise in a good way beats wondering why the damn Super-Mutant doesn't just go in the chamber and press the button...

Yeah, Skyrim was a blackhole for potential. I wish Kirkbride would make a comeback because I actually like TES lore, but it's unlikely.

Anyways, fueling our vehicles? No.

I want to use the trunk to put items in or people in. It'll be my mule pack......... And at least the option of locking all that good stuff in, just in case some punk wants to steal your car.

Also, I kind of want old school rubber tires. Just to zip through the city in a future model of a Kawasaki Ninja or something. Or an old school muscle car with updated features of course. It'll take some time to get used to flying cars, in which case I would love the Punknaught.

Anyways, fueling our vehicles? No.
Why not? I think that if the fuel gauge takes long enough to tick down, (fuel economy is the weay of the future after all,) it shoud be fine. It would add another level of realism.

I want to use the trunk to put items in or people in. It'll be my mule pack......... And at least the option of locking all that good stuff in, just in case some punk wants to steal your car.

Also, I kind of want old school rubber tires. Just to zip through the city in a future model of a Kawasaki Ninja or something. Or an old school muscle car with updated features of course. It'll take some time to get used to flying cars, in which case I would love the Punknaught.
If we weren't able to use vehicles to store junk and bodies, I would be greatly disappointed.

As for old fashioned vehicles, I see a similar sort of approach that the new Total Recall film took. Those who can afford it use AV's. Those who can't use road vehicles. And those that can't afford that, well, they walk or get public transport...

Why not? I think that if the fuel gauge takes long enough to tick down, (fuel economy is the weay of the future after all,) it shoud be fine. It would add another level of realism.

If we weren't able to use vehicles to store junk and bodies, I would be greatly disappointed.

As for old fashioned vehicles, I see a similar sort of approach that the new Total Recall film took. Those who can afford it use AV's. Those who can't use road vehicles. And those that can't afford that, well, they walk or get public transport...

This.... alL this.... I want new cars, old cars, fast cars, trucks, bikes, boats, planes, copters, av's all of it... Hell give me a mini sub....

But the really expenisve stuff like AV's and other aircraft, acpa, or any military type vehicles, should either be extremely expensive/not unlocked till the end of the game...

But by god, their had better be a tool to organize your garage... a simple "move up/move down" button would be fine, but something, for gods sake...

And you shut up Sard, I don't want to hear it.... it's my pet peeve.... My OCD drives me nuts, and I can't take it anymore...

This.... alL this.... I want new cars, old cars, fast cars, trucks, bikes, boats, planes, copters, av's all of it... Hell give me a mini sub....

But the really expenisve stuff like AV's and other aircraft, acpa, or any military type vehicles, should either be extremely expensive/not unlocked till the end of the game...

But by god, their had better be a tool to organize your garage... a simple "move up/move down" button would be fine, but something, for gods sake...

And you shut up Sard, I don't want to hear it.... it's my pet peeve.... My OCD drives me nuts, and I can't take it anymore...

I like the mini sub idea...

And most things should be available long before the end of the game, they should be just really really hard to get.

I'd like to see anything we can get, "gettable" before end-game. What fun is it to have the fancy toy an hour before you finish the main plot? Expensive or rare, sure. Requiring a complex and easily-failable mission, sure. But so I can have it at most 3/4 of the way through and no more.

I want a way to organize my garage not only by colour but by size, make, model and PURPOSE. A pursuit section, a cruising section, a combat section, oh yes. And to gaze at my organized garage in happy wonderment. Smirk.

How big are these garages going to be? At this rate your both going to be renting warehouses and trying to squeeze a cot into the corner.

@ Chris: I don't like the idea of having to refuel our vehicles because it's an uninteresting form of realism. It's different to have the character be affected by weather, feel hungry, need sleep etc. - all of these realistic details can result in interesting scenarios where you'll be disadvantaged and can lose the game. But if you vehicle runs out of gas, all you need to do it steal another one if you're being chased etc.

I guess you could say that we shouldn't get an infinite number of vehicles, like in Sleeping Dogs or other games, so if you crashed or abandoned them, they won't regenerate. But even in that case you don't make an interesting scenario with refueling vehicles because all you need to do to overcome it is be good at stealing. So refueling isn't t hardcore, just a minor inconvenience.

@ Chris: I don't like the idea of having to refuel our vehicles because it's an uninteresting form of realism. It's different to have the character be affected by weather, feel hungry, need sleep etc. - all of these realistic details can result in interesting scenarios where you'll be disadvantaged and can lose the game. But if you vehicle runs out of gas, all you need to do it steal another one if you're being chased etc.

I guess you could say that we shouldn't get an infinite number of vehicles, like in Sleeping Dogs or other games, so if you crashed or abandoned them, they won't regenerate. But even in that case you don't make an interesting scenario with refueling vehicles because all you need to do to overcome it is be good at stealing. So refueling isn't t hardcore, just a minor inconvenience.
I view it the same way as I do buying ammo for weapons. A necessity. If you're in pursuit of someone and you run out of fuel, you're screwed. Even worse if it's the other way round.

And as for being good at stealing/boosting a ride... That all depends on how you feel about paying fines and doing time. It could also adversely affect your chances at completing tasks as you may have to dodge bullets from the vehicles owner, not to mention the police.

Hm.

I don't think I have a really strong opinion on refuelling as a game mechanic, one way or the other. The idea of running out of fuel during a job or during a particularly spirited pursuit makes for a good storytelling device, but realistically, a full tank of CHOOH / full battery charge would get you around the city several times, with plenty in the tank to spare.

Any car you could "liberate" has a good chance of not needing to top off, 'specially if you liberate said car from the CHOOH station / recharging station, just as Joe or Jane Citizen is finishing up. While I wouldn't be fussed if they did include a refuelling / recharging mechanic, it's not something I require / hope for in the game.

Top Bottom