In game Vehicles!

+
In game Vehicles!

It's a near future open world/sandbox game. There needs to be a decent assortment of vehicles, bikes, cars, trucks, boats, aircraft (especially Aerodynes), that we can drive, keep, and customize. This, like the character customization, is one of those things that will keep me playing a game long after I have completed every thing else. Getting the vehicles I want, looking just the way I want them. And one small request... please for the love of god, give us a tool to arrange the garage ourselves... just a simple "move up/down" command would be enough. Above all other vehicles, we need a bad ass recumbent bike, like the one from Akira, and we need a Mad Max type muscle car... for the nomads you see...

Again, customization differences by zone, but for vehicles. For instance, in most of the city you would have the standard vehicle customizations. Things like colors, adding spoilers or different body options,speed/handling upgrades, window tinting, underglow whatever... But in nomad areas you would have those options plus things like adding steel plates, brush bars, barb wire trim... a rusted or dirty paint job. In a corporate section you get armor plating that doesn't change the outward appearance of the vehicle, bulletproof glass, maybe some James Bond gadgets.

What kinds of vehicles and customization for them would you like to see?

Edit: Below is a link to an illustrated list of every single vehicle that appears in the Published Cyberpunk 2020 books, the list was compiled by Andrew James of Node 16, and the illustrations were added by me.

http://datafortress2020.oliwy.net/ultrachrome/civveh.html

This would be great if players could pilot AVs with proper skills, ride bikes and cars.. And quite frankly I think at least cars and bikes are really needed for sandbox 2077 open world that is a City. And hopefully riding from one edge of the town to another will not take 5 minutes. There should be traffic jams etc. So bikes should be the best option to travel fast not mentioning AVs. And Maglev of course.

Aver

Forum veteran
I seriously doubt that there will be driveable vehicles in Cyberpunk. It's very expensive asset and it's hard to make it properly. Developers of Sleeping Dogs hired people that made few Need for Speeds and there were 200 people working on this game and yet, driving in this game is very flawed.

Also it took 3-4 years to make a games like GTAIV, GTAV, Saints Row 3 or Sleeping Dogs. CDPR wants to make a game in same amount of time and they have way smaller team. Teams behind those games had 200-300 people. CDPR has less than 200 employees and they make two games. Additionally CDPR have to focus heavily on RPG elements. So I bet that they won't have a time for driving mechanics. Even their engine is not prepared for this.

No one mentioned roller skates and skateboards.
They are not vehicles but... you need solid physics to make it work (and in the future they are using levitation?)
In my opinion they are the perfect weapon/resource in the cyberpunk world. Skateboards to me are the sign of a rebellion and everything for what punk stands for.
Punker in a car?
Punker on the skates more like it. :D

No one mentioned roller skates and skateboards.
They are not vehicles but... you need solid physics to make it work (and in the future they are using levitation?)
In my opinion they are the perfect weapon/resource in the cyberpunk world. Skateboards to me are the sign of a rebellion and everything for what punk stands for.
Punker in a car?
Punker on the skates more like it. :D

IMHO solid point! Why not take it to the next level and make it levitating skateboards with micro ionic engines or some other shieeeet ? ;)

Steal a Traum Team AV. Also jacking in to a bike or car and seeing how the player interfaces with different vehicles could add a more unique perspective than adding driving in other games

I seriously doubt that there will be driveable vehicles in Cyberpunk. It's very expensive asset and it's hard to make it properly. Developers of Sleeping Dogs hired people that made few Need for Speeds and there were 200 people working on this game and yet, driving in this game is very flawed.

Also it took 3-4 years to make a games like GTAIV, GTAV, Saints Row 3 or Sleeping Dogs. CDPR wants to make a game in same amount of time and they have way smaller team. Teams behind those games had 200-300 people. CDPR has less than 200 employees and they make two games. Additionally CDPR have to focus heavily on RPG elements. So I bet that they won't have a time for driving mechanics. Even their engine is not prepared for this.

Looks like you never played Unreal Tournament 2004.

Upgrade the cars and other with nos, a shield would be good, protect you for a few seconds from bullets or crashes.

Aver

Forum veteran
Because it hard to make it properly, considering number of games that didn't make it right (especially open world games - only GTA did it really good). Of course if your game focusing only on two things - shooting and driving then it's way easier, especially if driving mechanics are already coded in engine (CryEngine, Unreal Engine).

Honestly, in a modern open world sandbox... lack of vehicles.... a lot of vehicles... is pretty much a total dealbreaker for me....

Having vehicles and not being able to store them is definitely dealbreaker...

Not having a jump button is a deal breaker....

hmmm.... I have a lot of dealbreakers...

Aver

Forum veteran
Brutal Legend (open world) made it well. And it also had the upgrade mechanic asked in this thread.

I didn't play it. I just watched video and - are you serious? Car behave like in Duke Nukem Forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WczVkT2GhwY

The best moment is in 7:00 when he hits something and car just stops without any other reaction.

There are driving mechanics and Driving mechanics. You can say that Mario Carts did it good too, but I guess that we don't want to see car mechanics like that in realistic game. In serious game it should behave like in realistic racing game. You have to feel car weight, momentum etc. otherwise it feel cartoonish and breaks immersion... GTA did it perfect, APB did it well, but it requires commitment and resources.

Honestly, in a modern open world sandbox... lack of vehicles.... a lot of vehicles... is pretty much a total dealbreaker for me....

Having vehicles and not being able to store them is definitely dealbreaker...

Not having a jump button is a deal breaker....

hmmm.... I have a lot of dealbreakers...

Different priorities. For me it's RPG and RPG elements are the most important for me.

Top Bottom