In game Vehicles!

+
Hm. The various rat rods, or the yellow rat rod that looks like it's been repurposed from farm equipment, I can see being part of Nomad culture.

The one cherry red, shiny hot rod, though... I wonder what hot rod culture will look like by 2077? Definitely can't picture a Nomad cruising around in anything that shiny. That's a garage / trailer queen, for sure.

I feel like Nomad's "rat roads" would look more like 1980's or 1990's cars.. (when you think about it, most cars from 30's to 60's has already rotten away and since those cars look that old and rusty even now, they wouldn't even survive until 2077.. Every car from 30's to 60's would be either rotten away or in some rich guys collection. But there will be lots of cars from 80's to 90's)

Attachments

• rat.jpg
    rat.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 911+Hot+Rod+21348165189.jpg
    911+Hot+Rod+21348165189.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 911+Hot+Rod+11348165172.jpg
    911+Hot+Rod+11348165172.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 132
  • rat-rod-vw-04.jpg
    rat-rod-vw-04.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 124
  • rat-rod-vw-06.jpg
    rat-rod-vw-06.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 81
I feel like Nomad's "rat roads" would look more like 1980's or 1990's cars.. (when you think about it, most cars from 30's to 60's has already rotten away and since those cars look that old and rusty even now, they wouldn't even survive until 2077.. Every car from 30's to 60's would be either rotten away or in some rich guys collection. But there will be lots of cars from 80's to 90's)

Not necessarily... and the reason is, a steel body will weather time much better than a fiberglass one... so 60's and 70's muscle cars will still be filling old scrap yards, particularly in rural america, since America abandoned the country side to migrate to the cities looking for work.

They stopped really building cars to last in the 80's.... when they realized they made more money if you traded in every few years.

Besides, nomads love rust on their rides... its adds personality.

More likely, he would be caught, dead, in it.

Touche

Not necessarily... and the reason is, a steel body will weather time much better than a fiberglass one... so 60's and 70's muscle cars will still be filling old scrap yards, particularly in rural america, since America abandoned the country side to migrate to the cities looking for work.

They stopped really building cars to last in the 80's.... when they realized they made more money if you traded in every few years.

Besides, nomads love rust on their rides... its adds personality.

You forget that some of the cars made in 80's 90's had metal bodies :D And if a car, any car is already rusted, by 2077 there wont be anything left to salvage..

Here is a rusted 2000's car with 50's weels: :D

(Hey, you wanted a rusted car :D )

And some really cool cars:
View attachment 756View attachment 757

This i wouldn't call cool, but sure looks interesting:
View attachment 758View attachment 759View attachment 760

Attachments

• low-rider-rat-rod_30.jpg
    low-rider-rat-rod_30.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 260
  • low-rider-rat-rod_27.jpg
    low-rider-rat-rod_27.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 96
  • low-rider-rat-rod_03.jpg
    low-rider-rat-rod_03.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 0bae_3.jpg
    0bae_3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC01747+31351919580.jpg
    DSC01747+31351919580.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 105
See, THIS is why they better have open Roles. Or Vehicle Zen. I want to be an iron rider of the long highways but there is NO WAY I'm giving up bonuses to Initiative AND Awareness for Family! Sure, you look and are cool on your tricked-out transportation/weapons platform, but any half-trained ex-army punk can drop your ass with Combat Sense, damn it!

See, THIS is why they better have open Roles. Or Vehicle Zen. I want to be an iron rider of the long highways but there is NO WAY I'm giving up bonuses to Initiative AND Awareness for Family! Sure, you look and are cool on your tricked-out transportation/weapons platform, but any half-trained ex-army punk can drop your ass with Combat Sense, damn it!

I agree, vehicle restrictions would be bad :D

I think vehicles are important part of the game. Depending on your character roll the outcome of trying to capture or kill your target who is fleeing from you via hover car or bike etc.. matters.. Also how your decide the action to follow your mark through traffic or back roads can result in collateral damage, unless your follow the law or have a heart for the average person walking on the streets. Then you will need to try to use other methods in capturing or taking out your mark.

Yes alot of work needed to perfect scripting on vehicles to work right in a game.. but well worth it if its a true sandbox system.

That may mean it can get very ugly and violent which cyberpunk is about.. I hope however there will consequences to those who are abusive of the laws..

This would add value and challenge for those who just love to gun run and blow up stuff in there path.. instead of those who prefer a stealthier way to hunt there Mark without attracting attention.

What would be cool if there is a car chase and media records the event... you get away and head home to your apartment to see yourself live on channel 54 news.. XD

Hm. Except for that Honda concept, I could see most of ^^ that above being concept art for a game like the Fallout series, that has that retro '50s sci-fi theme.

Not quite sure what I think of that Honda concept. With that low front splitter, it's obviously meant to be a track car; it'd get decimated nearly instantly offroad, or even general city driving. The design looks like it'd have a lot of blind spots, though I imagine they'd sort that with strategically placed closed-circuit cameras and monitors in the cockpit. Looks like it'd be a mid engine, rear wheel drive layout.

I think the low profile tires throw me the most. I don't think there'd be enough meat on 'em to "deform" and provide grip in high-speed cornering. Look at the meats on F1 cars; huge, by comparison. I can only guess that this is supposed to be a racing concept, what with the single seat and the racing harness. Probably an art school student's concept, if I had to wager a guess.

The Bugatti SuperVeyron is rumored to have a 9.6L W16 engine that can produce 1600bhp. It's said to weigh around 3600lbs (1633kg) with standard equipment, with a top speed of 288mph (464kmh), going from 0-60 mph (0-100kmh) in 1.8 seconds.

Bugatti also just released the Vitesse, a convertable version of the Veyron; a car you can drive over 250mph (402kmh) with the top down.

These are vehicles we can make today, from only a single manufacturer. Imagine what can be done in 2077.

^^^Those look awesome. I wouldn't mind some retro love thrown in as well. We have retro cars nowadays, I doubt the love for them would vanish by 2077.

Top Bottom