In game Vehicles!

+
did somebody here just say mad max was cyberpunk??? gezus christ.-

If you had ever played Cyberpunk 2020 you will realize that outside the cities the world is very much Road Warrior. The first film, Mad Max, is undeniably cyberpunk. The rural areas of america are all but abandoned save for corporate agricultural complexes and nomads. Nomads come in many flavors, from bikers to migrant workers, and of course the outlaws, the Raffen Shiv, the plague of the wastelands.

The rural areas of america are not called the wastelands because the are some irradiated lifeless void, they are called that because if you don't know what you are doing you will be wasted. Small town america is a pretty bloody rare thing, most having been abandoned. The corporations keep the major highways up so they can transport their goods, but the side roads, those are given over to the nomads.

If you had ever played Cyberpunk 2020 you will realize that outside the cities the world is very much Road Warrior. The first film, Mad Max, is undeniably cyberpunk. The rural areas of america are all but abandoned save for corporate agricultural complexes and nomads. Nomads come in many flavors, from bikers to migrant workers, and of course the outlaws, the Raffen Shiv, the plague of the wastelands.

The rural areas of america are not called the wastelands because the are some irradiated lifeless void, they are called that because if you don't know what you are doing you will be wasted. Small town america is a pretty bloody rare thing, most having been abandoned. The corporations keep the major highways up so they can transport their goods, but the side roads, those are given over to the nomads.

Wot he said

Jeez I wish I had played the PnP game

I can only hope the game reflects all these aspects of the game world

Wot he said

Jeez I wish I had played the PnP game

I can only hope the game reflects all these aspects of the game world

If you are interested, there is a thread in the off-topic section where I am trying to drum up interest in playing over the net, using Skype or Google+.

Yeeaaahh..but Mike, you know, Mike..

Well, he drinks a lot. And rides his motorcycle REALLY FAST. He once tried to beat a giraffe to death with his own head. Then there was the time he forgot English. Like, altogether. Could only speak or type esperanto for three weeks.

I heard he managed to get ahold of and then snort some of Hunter S. Thompson's ashes.

He's a visionary, but you know, a leeeeeetle bit crazy.

Cyberpunk is pretty obviously -not- bladerunner. I usually think of it more like T.J. Hooker.

Because William Shatner, man.

OH, I almost forgot;

Yeeaaahh..but Mike, you know, Mike..

Well, he drinks a lot. And rides his motorcycle REALLY FAST. He once tried to beat a giraffe to death with his own head. Then there was the time he forgot English. Like, altogether. Could only speak or type esperanto for three weeks.

I heard he managed to get ahold of and then snort some of Hunter S. Thompson's ashes.

He's a visionary, but you know, a leeeeeetle bit crazy.

Cyberpunk is pretty obviously -not- bladerunner. I usually think of it more like T.J. Hooker.

Because William Shatner, man.

OH, I almost forgot;

But at least he never added elves and magic.....hehehehe

There's nothing wrong with shadowrun, we all have our own views and versions of cyberpunk which we like

Straight up noir cyberpunk is great but I also like the extra element that magic brings to the cyberpunk world in shadowrun.

I was just messing with sard cause I know he likes shadowrun but cannot stand elves whereas I wanna play a elf street samurai in shadowrun returns

"Cyberpunk is Bladerunner"
- mike pondsmith

Here are the covers of 3 of the official books for Cyberpunk 2020 by R. Talsorian Games... lets see if you can tell me what movie they might remind you of...

Home Of The Brave, the sourcebook for America in Cyberpunk 2020

Neo Tribes The Nomad Sourcebook for Cyberpunk 2020

Land Of The Free - a cross country campaign adventure for Cyberpunk 2020

Here are the covers of 3 of the official books for Cyberpunk 2020 by R. Talsorian Games... lets see if you can tell me what movie they might remind you of...

Home Of The Brave, the sourcebook for America in Cyberpunk 2020

Neo Tribes The Nomad Sourcebook for Cyberpunk 2020

Land Of The Free - a cross country campaign adventure for Cyberpunk 2020

Shadowrun.

What? You asked.

Doh!!!

Fixed!

I posted this around 4.30am cause I can not sleep and didn't notice the mistake

Also doesn't help I have been on a mad man marathon as well

Aside from the sometimes crappy rule sets for Shadowrun, I think that one munchkin factor is enough for a game but adding two; cybernetics and magic. Just too much to deal with. Cybered out, magic using, Elves...BAH! pick a genre and stick with it:)

Aside from the sometimes crappy rule sets for Shadowrun, I think that one munchkin factor is enough for a game but adding two; cybernetics and magic. Just too much to deal with. Cybered out, magic using, Elves...BAH! pick a genre and stick with it:)

Why?

Warhammer evolved and added firearms and machines and became more 'steam punk' over the years so I see nothing wrong with magic being added to the cyberpunk genre

If you don't like it fair enough but a lot of people do and there's nothing wrong with mixing genres up

But by Munchkin you seem to mean having both, cyber and magic, and you kind of can't. You can have some cyber and some magic but you won't excel at any because of the cyber getting your essence down.

Top Bottom