In need of credibility support !! (please read)

+
In need of credibility support !! (please read)

Wow, i never thought i would need to do so but, looks like the number of posts that i do here are not enought... My request seem to be a little odd but, what i need is that people that i did help either here on the board or thru emails or MSN, to leave a little statement on how it went and if your problem has been resolved, if what i made you done to your computer did screwed up something or it fixed it... Some people dont thrust what i ask them to do, i know it is their problem but, being as i am, i am still trying to help them....So please, leave your comments, either good or bad :)

maybe you should post your solutions tooi was looking at the lenght of the Vista/xp threads and every post was one with a problem, you posted your standard text...and that was it... neither you nor the problem poster said if things worked out or something

I wish i had time to do it... but sadly, with the amount of support that i do here, it is nearly impossible, i ask ppl to do it, i even made a sticky for it but, after i have done my work, they play the game and dont bother about posting it !

Hmm yes.Some even can't say "Thank You"....Or going like: "WTfuxxorz are you askin for my system info? Need my bank card shit as well, maybe?"Now, I asked once for something, got a reply, and then thanked for the reply.Folks here, seem quite decent, generally spoken.Now, I can vouch for your sincerity, if I were not a rather new guy here....But yes, as for me, two thumbs up for you!Cro-Mag

Well, I've seen you giving lots of support here on the forums. So I can sure vouch for you.But if they don't want your help, screw em! Who cares. If they don't trust you it's their problem.

RaptorRVL said:
Well, I've seen you giving lots of support here on the forums. So I can sure vouch for you.But if they don't want your help, screw em! Who cares. If they don't trust you it's their problem.
I know, i should but... Cant. I wouldn't feel good :)

Personally, I haven't needed any help on here. However, I have seen you post in many topics that I have read- and you seem like a down to earth, helpful individual. Sorry I can't testify directly!

The funny thing is the lack of responses might mean they are off enjoying the game.I too, have seen you offer tons of help and many at the same time on any given day, and I haven't been here long.Best of luck!

You should see the email adress i have opened just for the support, over 1000 emails in it so far lol !

Mobidoy said:
I wish i had time to do it... but sadly, with the amount of support that i do here, it is nearly impossible, i ask ppl to do it, i even made a sticky for it but, after i have done my work, they play the game and dont bother about posting it !
Welcome to the Interweb ;)

You are a worthless piece o crap! :pThe problem with not being "official" is that you do not have a team that stress-tests the system. The good thing about you is that you are willing to learn from the misfortunes of others (let's look at my emails...) BTW... going to test this, but upping my AGP apeture size in the BIOS SEEMS to have helped significantly in Vizima (Ch III)Going to lower it again... it was originally set to 128MB (how much I have on my vid card), but I upped it (don't remember right now what to) and I have little stutter in ch III (and I have a very low-end system...)But getting back to the praise. Everyone needs to be thankful that you are doing this at all... You don't have to. Your "standard" cookie-cutter solutions that you suggest are because you can't say for sure if anyone actually reads the "Read this before you post" posts. :pGive him a break, he's doing fine.

stanash said:
You are a worthless piece o crap! :pThe problem with not being "official" is that you do not have a team that stress-tests the system. The good thing about you is that you are willing to learn from the misfortunes of others (let's look at my emails...) BTW... going to test this, but upping my AGP apeture size in the BIOS SEEMS to have helped significantly in Vizima (Ch III)Going to lower it again... it was originally set to 128MB (how much I have on my vid card), but I upped it (don't remember right now what to) and I have little stutter in ch III (and I have a very low-end system...)But getting back to the praise. Everyone needs to be thankful that you are doing this at all... You don't have to. Your "standard" cookie-cutter solutions that you suggest are because you can't say for sure if anyone actually reads the "Read this before you post" posts. :pGive him a break, he's doing fine.
Lol... they dont read it :)

Maybe you should rename the sticky into "How to get the game running under Vista". ;D Wouldn't be honest at first sight but it is true, most people on this forum have to thank you for the time which you devote to everyone of us here and in many cases you are even able to help them out, so without you the game wouldn't still work for many people. Thanks !

Well i for one would like to say that what he suggested actually worked (altho he suggested it to somone else not me as i never sent an email) and it solved the problem no more crashes and im running it in what is it... 1940x1080 resolution?? the game looks awesome i was almost awe struck i think everyone here gives the dev's way too much crap and if anyone had a right to it was me i bought the witcher a month in advance for my new pc and the day i got it i installed the witcher and it wouldnt even load just crashed instantly and i was enraged but.. alls i had to do was lower my desktop resolution and it launched than it started crashing every 5 mins on average somtimes id load.. and it would crash right away.. so ive probly had as hard of a time getting this to work as anyone... but what MORBIDOY suggested on the forums after i tried it there were so many massive amounts of complaints posted there (ive noticed that forum was taken down rofl) it was hard to actually find the fix amidst the spam complaint posts.. but since ive done it (increasing to 2800 userva thing) i havent crashed once running the game on max settings in the highest possible resolution short load times no problems (and im running an 8800 gtx card wich seems to give the most problems) wich also makes me believe the problem was vista seeing as changing something on vista made it work? so enless they somehow release a patch to change windows programming well stfu and give them credit for the amazing beautiful game they created they didnt slack at all game has amazing detail.. if anything atari rushed the launch of the game for the holidays to recoup development costs.. which has been the bane of many great games.. not theyre fault welcome to corporate America way of the world folks.. they spend years making these games.. to think theyd just shove it out on the shelvs WILLINGLY with problems is absurd.. they do this for a living its theyre passion and im sure most take pride in what they do... the game is amazing and atleast MORB is here trying to help AND if you take the time to try and find a fix you most likley will.. Thanks for the indirrect help ;P and if you wanna give somone crap for sucking go spam microsofts forums vista is garbage its even crashed all by itself a couple of times already... p.s. love the game since i got it to work :p really beautiful and amazing... Keep up the good work Morb you are helping people especially me thanks man!!

p.s. p.s. i did make one post for help when i couldnt launch the game and MOBIDOY responded almost instantly to try and help forgot to add that to my original post thanks again!

In autumn 2007 i've build a new PC - 4GB of RAM - fast Q6600 CPU - fast 8800 GTS 320MB card - plenty of harddisk space on each partition - no overclocking - nothing, that will push the systems to extrem limits (overheating running 3D graphics, burn out or damaging of RAM sticks or whatever problems occuring by those experiments).I've installed Vista Ultimate 64bit - now with prereleased Vista SP1-ReleasCandidate1 - running without problems - even solved problems with certain USB sticks and the use of Ready-Boost (now with a 2GB USB-stick running perfectly).I've plenty of programs installed - games (older up to newest) - video programs - 3D programs - graphic programs - music programs and, and, and - but all regular programs, no experimental, no unofficial, no special programs doing tricky stuff - no programs which suppose to influence parameters to maybe speed up things by tricks or registry changes ... no daemon CD tools or things like that ... Just a clean Vista Ultimate 64bit with all offiicial updates installed - newest graphics drivers 64bit version ...And The Witcher is running without a crash - even playing 10 hours , 15 hours ...Other games are running without problems ...Other programs running without problems ...So i don't believe it's mainly the games fault, if it's not running. There are for sure a few errors, which stay, even on a clean system, but those are minor.So what's the meaning of this ?I had my time, too, experimenting with hardware, with software - and had many problems ... but until now, my new clean system is better running than any PC/Windows version before. Maybe because i have it running, the way it's suppose to be ?There are such a lot of problems i read in this forum - which are for sure related to each individual set system - but for sure a lot of those systems are filled with hardware/software combinations, that aren't healthy working together with each other - for example a lot of the deeper working special software for sure interfere with the base Windows structure, trying to bend the set limits by force - and everyone is asking, that it will take this without any problems ??No wonder, game console players say, their games are running flawlessly, simply because by the fact, that no one CAN influence the hardware/software running there ...And then people wonder, why the new game, they've bought, isn't working ?? I say it's impossible for a PC game developer/programmer, to foresee and program an error prevention routine for each possible PC hardware/software combination in the world ...So from this point of view, Mobidoy got a really, really hard stand, to cope with all the problems thrown at him ... and this is a task, which he never can comply to 100% ... no one can ...

Top Bottom