In the book a Witcher was equel to about 30 fully armed knights in combat.

+
I am quite certain that he wasnt dealing with 30 whole knights... and it was something of a bluff. He was heavily injured in battle with fewer enemies.

The mercenaries were 7 or 8 in number. Quite a feat, they left the impression of being experienced fighters, if untrained in how to deal with Witchers.

You have to understand the reason why people hire Witchers to kill monsters is because they do stuff like this...

Keep in mind this guy was WEAKER than Geralt, and less skilled to.

---------- Updated at 09:33 PM ----------

lol what kind of question is that? obviusly not, they are not equal, key words being : "magic elves that ride through dimensions", and more specifically "magic" and "dimensions". at that point does is it really matter if you are an elf or a tournip? you have magical abilities that put you on a space-time tier level, who even cares if you are an elf or a talcking sock at that point?

Well to be fair just one, or two members of the hunt could be bringing all the special effect with them, and the other guys are little more than well armored, or trained Scoia'tael
[h=1][/h].

You have to understand the reason why people hire Witchers to kill monsters is because they do stuff like this...

Well to be fair just one, or two members of the hunt could be bringing all the special effect with them, and the other guys are little more than well armored, or trained Scoia'tael

I am basing the power levels mostly on the books. I am most familiar with them.

Geralt is quite powerful, but he is not the end all be all one man army. That is one of the reasons I like the character.

And yeah, Letho planned that well.

[h=1][/h].

i say even ONE space time bending foe who can ALSO fight with swrods is more than enoght. villgeforts being a tool in close quarters is quite reasonably the noly way he could loose as he did and he didn't even have those level of magi powers

also leho is not less skilled or weaker than geralt i say they are on par. one win each if you deide to kill him in final battle ( he spares you when he has the mandatory story win )

ore just one win for him if you don't fight him in the end

How was Letho weaker than Geralt? Geralt always looses his first fight against him and depending on your choices he either doesn't have a second fight or wins it. So Letho is either equal to Geralt or stronger than him, but there is no indication that he is weaker.

How was Letho weaker than Geralt? Geralt always looses his first fight against him and depending on your choices he either doesn't have a second fight or wins it. So Letho is either equal to Geralt or stronger than him, but there is no real indication he is weaker.

exactly

How was Letho weaker than Geralt? Geralt always looses his first fight against him and depending on your choices he either doesn't have a second fight or wins it. So Letho is either equal to Geralt or stronger than him, but there is no real indication he is weaker.

His head cleaved from his shoulders is all the indication he will ever need who is the better fighter.

His head cleaved from his shoulders is all the indication he will ever need who is the better fighter.

Letho could have killed Geralt in their first fight and then Geralt would not have the opportunity to do what you wrote. In addition to this in my canon playthrought Letho just walkes away. So it's 1:0 for Letho

I am basing the power levels mostly on the books. I am most familiar with them.

Geralt is quite powerful, but he is not the end all be all one man army. That is one of the reasons I like the character.

And yeah, Letho planned that well.

Well if you want to talk power level they are all over 9000 thousand in my opinion. However from the book if Geralt is in good shape he has killed over 30 armored, and trained combatants before. With his loved ones on the line he pushed the boundaries of this even further. However you don't need to be some super human monster for a 30 to 1 kill ratio. When peasants fought against knights in yee olden times that was pretty healthy ratio of expected deaths of peasant per knight.

Well if you want to talk power level they are all over 9000 thousand in my opinion. However from the book if Geralt is in good shape he has killed over 30 armored, and trained combatants before. With his loved ones on the line he pushed the boundaries of this even further. However you don't need to be some super human monster for a 30 to 1 kill ratio. When peasants fought against knights in yee olden times that was pretty healthy ratio of expected deaths of peasant per knight.

Power level is a term for character abilities :D... too many other VG forums brainwashed me :D

He did not kill 30 armored and trained opponents all at once alone in no part of the book IRC. He has had a dozen on one (with the element of surprise with him). He also had difficulty in a 3v1 against assassins sent to kill him.

To be fair no one in the Witcher universe can stand a chance against modern special force :( .

Which reminds me... how god damn lucky are the Wild Hunt if for the last 5 years they have followed Ciri across dimensions (even in our dimension) and NOT had the good fortune to meet 21st century firepower? :D Would be a shock so hard that the 2-3 survivors would go back and never again travel with the objective of conquering a dimension again...

Letho could have killed Geralt in their first fight and then Geralt would not have the opportunity to do what you wrote. In addition to this in my canon playthrought Letho just walkes away. So it's 1:0 for Letho

exactly

and i like to point out i love geralt WAY more than letho. this is just the incontrovertible realty of things. a thing that apparently here is contested a lot >_>

---------- Updated at 10:55 PM ----------

Power level is a term for character abilities :D... too many other VG forums brainwashed me :D

He did not kill 30 armored and trained opponents all at once alone in no part of the book IRC. He has had a dozen on one (with the element of surprise with him). He also had difficulty in a 3v1 against assassins sent to kill him.

To be fair no one in the Witcher universe can stand a chance against modern special force :( .

Which reminds me... how god damn lucky are the Wild Hunt if for the last 5 years they have followed Ciri across dimensions (even in our dimension) and NOT had the good fortune to meet 21st century firepower? :D Would be a shock so hard that the 2-3 survivors would go back and never again travel with the objective of conquering a dimension again...

OR they could blend in with the new super developed hig theck society for a while, learn to use it, steal it, come back to the witcher world and BAM: insta conquering of everything in sight

or even better stay here with us,enjoyng all the comfort including play god in a videogame, the modern dimesion has to offer

The culture and technology shock, ESPECIALLY since they view humans as lowly, and even MORE so because they have plans of conquering our world too (in the distant future though) would ... cool their ambitions quickly :D

Them blending in would be... theoretically possible, though unlikely. Especially since they arent exactly human. And since I envisioned them encountering our special forces :D

Not all at once, but in very close proximity to one another constituting a quick succession of death. Geralt isn't immortal, or even that far above a human in terms of durability. However it terms of speed, and strength mixed with his skill, he is far above the common knight, or elf. He has killed large groups of people, and defeated creatures in direct combat that have again been credited with similar numbers in there own slaughter sprees of 30 plus people. So again yes Geralt can kill more than thirty armed guys in succession. Now some forum goers here don't feel the games are an accurate representation of Geralts abilities. I strongly disagree, and can't think of a single thing he does in the games he hasn't done in some comparable way in the books. (crossbow excluded of course...)

Can 30 men hit with their sword the same one people at the same time? .... No but in turns of groups of 3-5 items. Room for swinging sword is required

Can Geralt kill 6 soldiers in less than 4 seconds? Yes

Can he do that 5 times without stop? Yes

Can Geralt alone kill 30 soldiers in less than 1 minute? Yes

Should he survive after that? 99% yes

can 30 men hit with their sword the same one people at the same time? .... No but in turns of groups of 3-5 items. Room for swinging sword is required

can geralt kill 6 soldiers in less than 4 seconds? Yes

can he do that 5 times without stop? Yes

can geralt alone kill 30 soldiers in less than 1 minute? Yes

should he survive after that? 99% yes
amen.

Well, there's a factor that I'm gonna bring up here.

*ahem*

Geralt is quite probably a better fight than Ciri. Ciri is probably a better fighter than Bonhart (you could argue that she was simply lucky, or, well, she had a terrain advantage that she was trained to fight on, that being ledges that are tall above the ground). Bonhart, on the other hand, killed the Rats. The Rats have proven to be more than capable of fighting the Nilfgaardian "national guard", the question being how strong are these soldiers compared to your average knight.

Therefore, we can conclude that Geralt is indeed capable of fighting dozens of knights, the only question being how many dozens :p

Last edited:
Ciri is probably a better fighter than Bonhart (you could argue that she was simply lucky, or, well, she had a terrain that she was used to fighting on, this being ledges that are tall above the ground, as she was trained to fight on them.).P

How can not be better a little feared unexperiened teenage girl who defeat a cold, the best bounty hunter who has killed several witches throughout his extensive professional experience and who was unable to kill her after the two first hits?

;)

Depends on their weapons, if Geralt has to fight 30 knights with Pitchforks, RIP Geralt :p

Ahem...no,,, The man could kill Geralt because Gearlt ever expected a peasat did that.

But against 30 archers well. that's another story :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom