In wolf's clothing bug (SPOILERS!)

+
I read all the bugs on the internet related to this quest, but it looks like this is a very uncommon bug. While doing this quest i fed morkvarg his own flesh and finished the quest like that, I never even talked to Einar to complete the quest. However later while i was travelling around in skellige I came across Einar and talked to him, killed him and his men and looted the cursed fang. Now that morkvarg is dead talking and killing einar had no point however this for some reason brought the quest back up on my quest list and i cant get rid of it. The quest is under secondary quests but everything is checked and theres nothing to track. I noticed this after doing some other quests so now i dont have an older save where i didnt talk to Einar. Latest save i had was right after the combat with Einar's men started and i tried killing them but not looting the item but that also didnt work . So is there a way i can abandon this quest or am i just stuck with having that in my quest list ?

As far as I know for now you are stuck with that quest.

Later in the game some of the open quests will be removed from the list, but I'm not sure the Morkvarg quest is one of them.

Yeah...some of the quests are introduced at wonky times. However, once you have the quest in your journal, you're stuck with it. During my first playthrough (and every subsequent one), I'd always save my game right before grabbing quests off a board. If they were wildly high-level or I had no intention of doing them right away, I'd immediately reload, and take just the ones I wanted. Having quests "active" but incomplete for long stretches seems to bork them at times.

@Grumpyog
I may be able to fix this for you.
If it is just a question of the entry still showing in the quests menu, I could write a small command that will force complete that quest on the journal side of things.

@Grumpyog
I may be able to fix this for you.
If it is just a question of the entry still showing in the quests menu, I could write a small command that will force complete that quest on the journal side of things.
Yes i just dont want it to be there, I would appreciate that.

oops. i just revisited the game and ran into the exact same issue. i guess this is just a cosmetic issue.

Top Bottom