inconsistent and confusing game balance

+
inconsistent and confusing game balance

I thought witchers, and geralt in particular, were supposed to be alot stronger than regular humans, skill and physique wise.
...Then why is it that even a lowly bandit or common soilder can reck my face with like 2 sword hits, while a ton of my own hits barely even damages them??
And to add insult to injury, they can even do it with a shitty rusty sword and in 1 case, 1 bandit wasn't even wearing armor as he appeared to be shirtless. It was like as if he was just trying to troll me.

...unless they themselves are all witchers too, or something even stronger than a witcher?

Granted im only lvl 3, but it feels like Geralt is so damn weak, for a witcher. The point is, the balance in this game seems not aligned to the story and it sort of takes me out of the immersion aspect, which is supposedly important.

If you reached level 3, I suppose you killed groups of 3-5 enemies already. So there, you are much stronger than 1 of them.

I know. That's how RPGs are: You are weaker than later enemy thugs.

I bumped across Nilfgaardian soldiers whose level are 10 above mine. Not to mention that your Witcher swords are weaker than common sword later in the game.

If you reached level 3, I suppose you killed groups of 3-5 enemies already. So there, you are much stronger than 1 of them.
Yes, but the inconsistent part comes in when the neighbors of the group are much much stronger than the guys i just killed, which happen to be lowly common bandits, some of which are shirtless...

there isnt really a good "other" way to balance this... unless you want to go from OP at the beginning of the game to "full retard god-mode" by the end ...

i would be bored to death if i could one-shot half the enemies right away.

i get your point, but there is no good way to counter that problem ...

maybe think of it like this: witchers are trained to kill monsters, not humans ... they arent assassins. so they mostly train to counter monsters and there are humans out there, that are just better prepared to fight other humans ... as soon as you use bombs, oils, potions and signs, other humans start to look pretty silly anyway and your not supposed to button-mash your way to victory with fast attacks anyway :p

Hey Mates,

first: The witcher 3 is really an amazing awesome game, I never thought would be possible...
I will use this thread instead of opening an new one, despite the fact my "balance issues" are in the other direction of the Thread-Opener.
I play on the 3rd difficulty level (I want to keep the 4th one for a second play through).
The problem I have so far: Its great to get this huge amount of quests erverywhere and I really like to solve them all. BUT, my Witcher gets also a huge amount of experience points and climbs up the stairs of power very quickly. Now I have the problem that many new quest really feel like way to easy for my hero. Is here someone who experiennced the same or who has a solution for that? I really like the Game to be very hard. I already thought about not levelling up anymore, but I am not sure if this will work.

Thanks for your help!
(PS: I play the Game on Xbox one)

Yes, but the inconsistent part comes in when the neighbors of the group are much much stronger than the guys i just killed, which happen to be lowly common bandits, some of which are shirtless...

Well, you are playing an RPG, based on levels. You have to compare yourself with enemies of similar levels. Can you beat 4 guys of your same level? Yes. If they are higher level, you need to level up.

If you are just saying that at level 1 you should beat any human because you are a Witcher, than that would be a total different game.

I thought witchers, and geralt in particular, were supposed to be alot stronger than regular humans, skill and physique wise.
...Then why is it that even a lowly bandit or common soilder can reck my face with like 2 sword hits, while a ton of my own hits barely even damages them??
And to add insult to injury, they can even do it with a shitty rusty sword and in 1 case, 1 bandit wasn't even wearing armor as he appeared to be shirtless. It was like as if he was just trying to troll me.

...unless they themselves are all witchers too, or something even stronger than a witcher?

Granted im only lvl 3, but it feels like Geralt is so damn weak, for a witcher. The point is, the balance in this game seems not aligned to the story and it sort of takes me out of the immersion aspect, which is supposedly important.

Give that bandit a cat potion , or swallow potion...wait for 5 min and then you will see that he will die....you know why? because he is human and witcher potions are poisons.

So see.....he couldnt drink that potion did he?

This is not inconsistent and confusing game balance. This is how an RPG, or a videogame, works.
If you want to be a god, then play on easy.

No that doesnt address the issue because like i said earlier, it take the common bandit 2 swings to kill me, whereas for me it takes a bajillion swings just to tickle him. The problem with that is that I dont feel like a witcher. Now if this common bandit wasnt a bandit and had some kind of powerful magic curse , lore-wise, then I would have no problem with that.

Top Bottom