Inconsistent lethal/non-lethal takedowns

+
So in all of my 70 hours of play I can't figure out what's lethal and non-lethal. The stealth take downs seem pretty consistant. However I'll go through a building with a machine gun, and I've tested several guns, and half the people are still alive. But I'll go through with a bat or fists, explicitely non-lethal attacks, and a lot of people die anyway.

I've used the suicide cyberhack and they'll knife themselves, and when I check them, they're still alive. They're squirming on the ground and I get exp for finishing them off. This has happened several times.

Just now I used Comrade's Hammer, an explosive hand cannon, and shot two people who went down with the same shot, and then a single person. The two people were both still alive and the single person had all his limbs blown off.

I'd say this is a bug report but like so many things in Cyberpunk right now, I don't know what's working as intended, and what's a glitch.

iCake

Forum veteran
Yep, been wondering why a lot of guys still seem to be alive even after I basically minced them with the lethal version of Mantis Blades. I think it's just a bug that'll hopefully get fixed.

i noticed as the game progressed my non-lethal weapons became more lethal. it might have to do with how much damage they deal, and it may have to do w/ crit chance, both of which increase over time. in my current game state, my non-lethal hammer with 100% crit chance and very high damage output will decapitate every single enemy i hit in the head, w/out fail.

It's possible to kill an NPC with NL. In essence, if you drop their bar to zero (as in the case of boss fights or cyberpsychos), there is a chance your last blow can drop them to a negative number. Better to drop them to single digit and back off, see what happens.

In the case of mass NL techniques, nothing beats Contagion. Everyone is down and alive, 100 percent of the time. The only accidental deaths from this approach is when someone fell into water. I've tried using Pax on guns, Skippy in Puppy mode, etc., but a gunfight is just way too inconsistent in terms of damage received per target, and in the meantime, you're being shot at, so you have to respond or take shelter.

My favorite was when I tried to play as a passifist and not kill anybody. I'd grab an enemy and put them to sleep. I'd pick the body up to move it to a less seen area, and when I went to put to body down, it would explode lol.

If you hide em in a freezer they die as well, but I suppose that makes sense... maybe... You would probably wake up before you freeze to death. But I think they die no matter if you put em in a closet or a freezer.

My favorite was when I tried to play as a passifist and not kill anybody. I'd grab an enemy and put them to sleep. I'd pick the body up to move it to a less seen area, and when I went to put to body down, it would explode lol.
if i didn't know any better i'd say you must have hacked his grenade to explode and it just happen to go off as you set him down. unfortunately your experience is par for the course

if i didn't know any better i'd say you must have hacked his grenade to explode and it just happen to go off as you set him down. unfortunately your experience is par for the course
lol, no, just the game being the game. They sometimes explode and leave a big pile of blood, they sometimes make a weird squish/slamming sound as they are put down, which resaults in death as well. Yesterday, I was carrying a body out of an apartment for a gig, was supposed to deposit the body into a car trunk, well the body just exploded while I was holding it. I was fine, but the mission changed and I received a call from the fixer.

I had a few times people would fall or I'd move them too and they'd bug out on the environment and the splatter. The same can happen to your body too if you hit the environment just right, you'll get stuck and take damage, sometimes you'll die. Not the same as splattering, but the environment has strange interactions with bodies.

Top Bottom