[Incorrect MMR] No Reward for Leveling up or Winning Ranked

+
SigilFey
​​​​​​​Only Visual bug? Not really. I hit lvl 10 for so many times now and on the main Menu screen im always lvl 9. That means i cant play ranked and also cant view the leaderboards so thats not only visual my friends.

I'm just reporting what we've heard from CDPR directly. Player ranks and levels are saved correctly on the server leaderboards, but the published leaderboards are not refreshing properly. Devs are looking into it. Not receiving rewards for gaining levels / winning matches / receiving a GG / etc. is a separate issue that has been around since Closed Beta. If you can confirm when you actually leveled up (it appeared on the boards for you) but did not receive the reward, please send that info into CDPR Support:

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Zeleny;n9133770 said:
SigilFey
Only Visual bug? Not really. I hit lvl 10 for so many times now and on the main Menu screen im always lvl 9. That means i cant play ranked and also cant view the leaderboards so thats not only visual my friends.

Let me try to explain another way... Think of the game like a bank, and rank / level points are currency. You deposit money into your account. The money is there. However, you may not be able to access it until it actually posts to your account: meaning it appears on your computer screen as "available funds".

So, while the bug may affect your ability to play, nothing has been "lost". The points are there...they simply haven't posted. The problem is not "missing points", the problem is "the system isn't updating when it should". Eventually, players may suddenly jump from Level 9 to Level 15...

(...hang on...this exact same thing happened in The Witcher 3! :youdontsay:)

Last edited:
nadalito_15;n9139860 said:
Done 3 days ago... :(

All good, then. Tech Support is very busy, so it might take a while for them to get back to you.

Beta, beta, beta... Lots to do! :)

SigilFey;n9140100 said:
All good, then. Tech Support is very busy, so it might take a while for them to get back to you.

Beta, beta, beta... Lots to do! :)

Yes of course, I understand. :)
Just it's amazing for me to reach the rank 9. :D I was disappointed to stay as an Apprentice and not to be a Companion.

This is getting depressing, i was supposed to be promoted 2 games ago but nope, now i lost like 3 games in a row and im down again.

This is happening all the damn time and im getting tired of this

Cannot Rank Up Despite Meeting Elo Requirement

I've surpassed the 2800 tier in ranked play, but have not reached level 15 or received any reward.

Theres a bug that makes it look like you have about 100 mmr points than you actually have, if you win a couple more matches it will actually rank you up and give you rewards.

No Title

This just happened!!

It's the second time I've ranked up, yet my rank stays the same and I get no rewards!! I know this is just an open Beta but this kind of thing (specially in ranked play) is a serious issue.

EDIT: And despite being level 9 I'm still an Apprentice and my border remains the same. It's starting to get seriously frustrating.

Attachments

• photo159260.jpg
    photo159260.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Yeh I get this everytime I rank up. My mmr on screen is in sync with my leaderboard mmr but when I get enough points to rank up, I don't receive any at all so I stay on the same points. I then go back to the leaderboard to check my mmr and it shows the same as what I have on screen. I then have to win an additional game where it now ranks me up (this is providing I win ofc as everytime this has happened I then go on a losing streak just to rub it (Yes I'm currently salty.) At no point is my mmr out of sync it just does not give me my points the 1st time I should rank up and has occured in the last 3 ranks for me.

This is on top of playing 26 games yesterday and going 1st 20 times out of those 26 and at one point I had gone 1st 18 times out of 20. I also have daily periods of going first 7/8 times in a row. This is also highly frustrating. I know they have said they are looking at it but that has been the only communication.

I've played in a huge number of betas and expect bugs but I have never played a beta where they pretty much never patch small hotfixes. I can understand the patches that are making huge changes to cards are very intermittent due to the need to check data to try and balance the game but CDPR are very poor at responding to bug issues and letting the player base know that they are either working on a fix and are aware, or have a fix ready and a hotfix ready to go to sort it. I don't expect them to repond to the daft posts like this card is op wah wah as that is a waste of their time but the one area that should have plenty of dev responses is the bug/tech part of the forum and there is nothing.

At the minute I just feel like stopping playing until they can imporve their communication.

Last edited:

Guest 4157120

I still have visual bug where I have +40 MMR from my current rank it's probably because my game once crashed month ago when there were suspection that someone is abusing servers to make easier rank up etc. Will it be fixed or i will have still +40MMR from my current rank (misleading numbers). Thanks.

Guest 4157120

karnak1;n9147550 said:
This just happened!!

It's the second time I've ranked up, yet my rank stays the same and I get no rewards!! I know this is just an open Beta but this kind of thing (specially in ranked play) is a serious issue.

EDIT: And despite being level 9 I'm still an Apprentice and my border remains the same. It's starting to get seriously frustrating.

I had same problem (again month ago) where I had to play 1 more game to truly rank up. Maybe that's reason why I have glitched current MMR and visual MMR which is +40 (or more) higher than current.

I have experienced the not ranking/levelling up bug maybe 7-8 times now. It is frustrating yes, but as mentioned above it does at some point get added as I jumped a couple of ranks. It does seem to me that more often than not, this happens when the opponent forfeits. Or am I imagining things? Will monitor for the future more closely.

And it is not as some have said in this thread. The UI shows the points being added but not the levelup/rankup animation. For the next game and on the leaderboard afterwards it shows you with the points you had before the match where the bug happened.

Last edited:
Is this related to how losing a ranked game tells me I lost like 15 rank points even though the new total is way lower than just 15 points?

Just in case it might be of use: I also ranked up with the MMR and rank not being displayed, but then I won another game and the new rank and MMR appeared. The points of the previous match, though, are still not added in the displayed MMR.

Guest 4174970

Hope they fix this in the next patch or as soon as possible. Although only a visual bug it's quite annoying that I can't see my progression properly.

No Title

Same here, there is a delay. Additionally, my game would crash when I clicked NEXT after a match. It wouldn't do so however if I selected CLOSE. Right now I cannot check my position in the leaderboard, the game displays my rank as 12 in the starting page, and my MMR according to the ending screen is shy of 2300. (rank 13)

Attachments

• photo160761.png
    photo160761.png
    615.4 KB · Views: 29
BUG: MMR On End-of-Match Screen is Incorrect?

It seems like the MMR point gain shown on the end-game screen is not actually correct. I recently played a game where, after winning my MMR went up to 2806. However, I did not receive the 2.8k reward, still show up as being rank 14, and my deck tracker says I'm 34 MMR away from the next rank.

Top Bottom