Incorrectly stated level requirements?

+
Incorrectly stated level requirements?

I'm doing my second play through -- NOT NG+, just another play through at a higher level of difficulty. I'm on PC, version 1.31 of the game, which I got from Steam.

However, in HoS I noticed when checking the requirered level of both Ofieri and Viper gear, they are stated ONE level above what I get when I craft the gear, i.e. it says Ofieri gear is level 39 in the diagram, but when crafted it is level 38. Likewise the Viper gear: it says level 40 on the diagram, but once crafted it says level 39. What gives?

Now, I am NOT complaining -- it is a minor issue, since I knew the levels were off from my previous play through, and I can live with it. But at first I thought they requirements might have changed in the recent patches of the game.

I had no idea where to post this just to call attention to the fact, and for some reason every time I try to do a search in the forum I get a blank page, no matter what I tried, so sorry if this is the wrong place to place this, but I had no choice from my perspective -- either that, or just say nothing, but I want to help

Anyway, thanks for any attention paid to this.

@gildardo_rv thread moved to PC Tech Support :)

There has been some issues with gear levels. Sadly I can't remember any details now. Also we are having minor problems with forums at the moment, so that's why the blank page.

I'm doing my second play through -- NOT NG+, just another play through at a higher level of difficulty. I'm on PC, version 1.31 of the game, which I got from Steam.

However, in HoS I noticed when checking the requirered level of both Ofieri and Viper gear, they are stated ONE level above what I get when I craft the gear, i.e. it says Ofieri gear is level 39 in the diagram, but when crafted it is level 38. Likewise the Viper gear: it says level 40 on the diagram, but once crafted it says level 39. What gives?

Now, I am NOT complaining -- it is a minor issue, since I knew the levels were off from my previous play through, and I can live with it. But at first I thought they requirements might have changed in the recent patches of the game.

I had no idea where to post this just to call attention to the fact, and for some reason every time I try to do a search in the forum I get a blank page, no matter what I tried, so sorry if this is the wrong place to place this, but I had no choice from my perspective -- either that, or just say nothing, but I want to help

Anyway, thanks for any attention paid to this.

Not sure, but I'm guessing that this could be down to one of the fixes ensuring gear does not start having requirements like "Level 124" in NG+. Basically, NG+ "stretches" what the game was designed to do out to level 100. I don't believe I've ever come across anyone that started a standard game over again at a high level...that's a good one.

You can always send a couple of saved games in to CDPR Support and have them take a look. One save should be with a few diagrams right before crafting, and one after crafting. They should at least be able to tell you what's up.

:)

Thanks. to both of you :)

Yeah, I decided to do a more thorough play through at a "Blood and broken bones" after finishing the story the first time, and also to be a bit more thorough. I am planning a NG+ play through at "Death March" difficulty after this -- as of now, I am really having loads of fun just enjoying the heck out of the game, so much so I've accumulated more than 1000+ hours, and I'm only finishing me second go of HoS.

I have saves galore, especially from this second play through, so it should be no problem sending a couple to CDPR -- it should be to "technical support" I assume. As I said, I really have no problem as it is not a major issue, but I found it a bit disconcerting -- and it was only for the diagrams I mentioned, as far as I can tell. The ones from the main game seem to be fine.

Cheers! :)

EDIT: I'm already at level 39 going on 40, so it is quite possible I will be level 50 or above by the end of BaW, so over-leveling of gear requirements had not crossed my mind up until now -- I'll keep an eye out for that

Last edited:
I saw the same as well. Some of the witcher gear requirements mentioned in crafting are one level above actual requirement. But just like the OP said, it's a very minor thing and doesn't cause any problems.

Top Bottom