Increase LOD range

+
Hey !

Is it possible to add an option for adjust the lod range to avoid poping ? I set LOD on high but i seen no difference between none/low/meduim and high actually ...

https://gyazo.com/e6cfea331579fc40d4adead7dc423a2d <=== The transition lod is really anyoing and break totaly the imersion in the game

If someone have an solution please tell me

Might try this

Pop-in can often be caused when the game isnt working with enough memory to keep everything close (and far away) loaded in at higher details, even if LOD is set to high.

Appears that the game was shipped for PC with memory restrictions identical to last gen consoles. This thread has info on how to adjust your config to make use of your GPU memory better as well as your system Ram better.

Might help

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx

Might try this

Pop-in can often be caused when the game isnt working with enough memory to keep everything close (and far away) loaded in at higher details, even if LOD is set to high.

Appears that the game was shipped for PC with memory restrictions identical to last gen consoles. This thread has info on how to adjust your config to make use of your GPU memory better as well as your system Ram better.

Might help

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx
I try it, strictly no impact on my game i still have the same fps, and the LOD poping. I dont think this is an issue or something from my hardware config, i think it's just the lod range from my camera, i make some test with my friend, and they have exctly the same lod transition on exactly the same range as me, on the same graphic setting.

My configuration is :
i7 8700k
32Go of ram
RTX2080Ti
i play on SSD Samsung EVO970
in 1080p everything on max setting i got everage of 60FPS sometime drop to 45fps the only strange thing i have it's my GPU is used only at 1% to 10% reallly max when i play the game but his ram is vram is correctly used and alloced.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm having the same issue where the setting is on "low" no matter what setting i choose for LOD in game.

I've been into the config files

C: > Users > Your Username > AppData > Local > CD Projekt Red > Cyberpunk 2077 and in the file UserSettings.json.

There is an LOD preset option here that even when I set to high (See below) still gives me terrible LOD

"name": "LODPreset",
"type": "string_list",
"is_dynamic": false,
"value": "High",
"index": 2,
"default_index": 1,
"values": [
"Low",
"Medium",
"High"

Maybe see if this change works for you, but for my game game didn't change anything.

Disclaimer: I haven't personally tried the following tweak. I'm still in the process of downloading 1.05. I cannot confirm whether this works on 1.05.

There is a guide on NexusMods that says the following:

Create a text file called DrawDistanceBoost.ini (any name works) under "Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc"
Then add the following:

[Streaming]
DistanceBoost = 15.000000
The default value of the game seems to be 0. Be careful with high values as users report issues when exceeding certain numbers:
Quick update. I tested multiple values, and it seems things start to go missing at around 20 or so. [...]. In my limited testing I didn't notice anything missing at 15, but I saw buildings and bridges start to disappear at 20. I'd say use with caution.

Disclaimer: I haven't personally tried the following tweak. I'm still in the process of downloading 1.05. I cannot confirm whether this works on 1.05.

There is a guide on NexusMods that says the following:

The default value of the game seems to be 0. Be careful with high values as users report issues when exceeding certain numbers:

Hi, thanks. I gave this a go set to 40 and noticed that objects that have geometry have been fixed by this. Bits of buildings have a much better LOD level now and you need to be much further away to see them pop out of the world. I'm still having issues with textures and lighting pop in though. Hopefully a fix for the LOD setting comes soon.

Top Bottom