Increase Minimum Font Size (Bigger UI)

+
MonS75;n8750770 said:
Is that a serious answer ? or you are joking.. right ?
Knowing that a 60" TV screen is minimum 500 bucks, and for a good one you need around $800

Well, it would indeed fix the problem. But obviously you shouldn't buy a new TV just for Gwent. :)

Yeah, I'd like to get into this game as well - but honestly those hard to read fonts have turned me so off to the concept of even looking at it that I haven't opened the game for days on either the pc or xbox. I really hope they fix this at some point, I am getting pretty bored with some of the other card games I play and this seems like it's going to be a really fun game.

CDPR HAS handled this well in the past. I remember a LATE patch to The Witcher 3 that upgraded all of the UI and it was wonderful. I haven't fired up TW3 for a while now, but if I remember correctly they handled it by having text expand when highlighted. So they essentially didn't mess with the current look and feel of the game, but when you cycled over to a box it got nice and large and much easier to read. I could see that working here, too.

Card text very hard to read!!

Playing on PS4 on a 50" HD tv and some of the card text is REALLY hard to make out. Could a larger font be used and also a bolder one as some of the flavour text is too fine...please

Hard labor merging so many threads. I appreciate the effort as they could have just been shuffled under the rug.

Even one point larger font would make a difference. Having to whip open a cards description to get another 2 points seems silly.
It hurts new players the most because they have to learn cards at a much higher rate.

increase minimum font size

It's not a big issue but I feel that the text with ability explanation under the cards are too small. I have a pretty normal size 48" tv and I feel myself straining when reading. Even when zooming with R2 it's pretty small. Would be nice to be able to affect this in settings.

DonkeyDupa;n9561261 said:
It's not a big issue but I feel that the text with ability explanation under the cards are too small. I have a pretty normal size 48" tv and I feel myself straining when reading. Even when zooming with R2 it's pretty small. Would be nice to be able to affect this in settings.

I hear you, I'm still stuck at 37. Hope they add an option soon.

I'm completely new to Gwent, so my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm ancient by gamer standards (in my 50s), and I have trouble reading some of the text in Gwent on my PC. I'm running in high resolution on my PC. Some of the biggest challenge is flavor text, but in general I wish every font were larger. I've played around with the resolution settings but they don't help. Is there any chance the devs will give us more options for a larger UI?

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
RazTheGnome;n10579942 said:
I'm completely new to Gwent, so my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm ancient by gamer standards (in my 50s), and I have trouble reading some of the text in Gwent on my PC. I'm running in high resolution on my PC. Some of the biggest challenge is flavor text, but in general I wish every font were larger. I've played around with the resolution settings but they don't help. Is there any chance the devs will give us more options for a larger UI?

At the moment we're not planning to edit the fonts, but thank you for your suggestion! We'll keep it in mind :)

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you listen!

I understand that you might not want to rescale the whole UI. In that case, how about larger flavor text? I really have to squint to read those little italicized gems.

So Thronebreaker has almost unreadable text. I have to constantly use the annoying system zoom option (ps button + square when enabled in settings) that totally breaks immersion.

We play on bigger and bigger screens & controllers work from a dozen meters, but we still have to sit in our TVs to enjoy your games. Not everyone treats a TV set as a monitor. Small text forces us to focus too much on reading, this hurts the other aspects of the game. I'd advice you to also look at contrast to make the text more readable.

This is a very common issue with console games. Example: God of War had this problem, and fixed it. And your own Witcher 3 and Gwent have had this problem too.

So why now Thronebreaker? Please fix this and write it down somewhere.

Thanks!

I can't believe they still haven't addressed this issue. I also use the zoom option for Thronebreaker but for Gwent it's almost impossible when you're playing pvp. Please include an option to increase font size for consoles, the game is unplayable due to the small print.

Top Bottom