Increased LOD Mod....is it dead??

+
Increased LOD Mod....is it dead??

Hi everyone!
I'm just wondering about the famous "Increased LOD" Mod by Sjbox modder...does anyone know if the author is still working on it? Cause to me he doesn't seem so...
It's really a shame, because at this time the mod is still in beta version, and for that, still a lot bugged :/
Is there anyone in the modder comunity who's able and willing to resume his great work?
Cheers

it doesn't work in my game, and th author doesn't answer the messages, so, the mod is most probably fallen in oblivion

Hi everyone!
I'm just wondering about the famous "Increased LOD" Mod by Sjbox modder...does anyone know if the author is still working on it? Cause to me he doesn't seem so...
It's really a shame, because at this time the mod is still in beta version, and for that, still a lot bugged :/
Is there anyone in the modder comunity who's able and willing to resume his great work?
Cheers

his work is based off of some work that @marvelmaster and I did way back when the game originally released. We found that there was a hardcoded limit for LODs, and we couldn't increase rendering distance past that. In fact his claims of 30% are probably fudgy, we could only get about 10%.

now there is a way to prevent intermediate LOD-level popping (IE, when detail on an object pops in) this is done by deleting the LOD layers from the mesh file. It's incredibly time-consuming, but doable.

finally, there is a way to make something render at high quality at distance, but it requires replacing a special LOD for that object. These LODs are considered separate game assets and not a LOD level, and are only available for buildings seen at a distance (The novigrad tower, lighthouses, etc). We tried this but having one high-quality building with a bunch of LODs around it looked even more out-of-place than vanilla.

Theoretically you could, in 3DSmax or something, add the HQ models for smaller buildings as well, and orient them perfectly to line up with their counter-parts in game. Not only would this be incredibly time-consuming, it would probably cause stability issues and at the very least destroy frame-rates.

Theoretically you could, in 3DSmax or something, add the HQ models for smaller buildings as well, and orient them perfectly to line up with their counter-parts in game. Not only would this be incredibly time-consuming, it would probably cause stability issues and at the very least destroy frame-rates.

@danielshihab Did similiar thing you are refering to (I guess)

The only thing I wish for is no LOD for Novigrad roofs :/ I don't really mind popin of other stuff, yeah it would look really nice but it could butcher performance as hell.

lol dont know... at the beginning of modding we did not work how meshes and materials andtextures worked so it took days to find out...

with the knowledge i got now I thing I could do this in 20 Minutes for this building

the problem is that some buildings are made of 10+ different models...lets say building one uses window z and door a...its difficult to find out what is window z and door a out of 10000 meshes

I'd say we make a pact with Gaunter O'Dimm and wish for a complete access to the Red Engine. hmm?
this should save us from a lot of trouble.

At this point, I'd sell my soul to evil incarnate to get actual modding tools, rather than the broken heap we have now. I'd even go as far to say that I'd (and plenty of users) be glad to see just and only the texture transparency B.S. fixed.

At this point, I'd sell my soul to evil incarnate to get actual modding tools, rather than the broken heap we have now. I'd even go as far to say that I'd (and plenty of users) be glad to see just and only the texture transparency B.S. fixed.

yeah...that bit's a b!tch... :(

Top Bottom