Incredible Skellige

+
Incredible Skellige

Hello,
I do not play for Skellige because I do not like it.
But once I play against them, I automatically surrender game... Skellige has one great card next to the card.
He does not care how the first round will come, because he will then return everything to the board. And in the 3rd round you have no chance..
Cards that hurt each turn.. And when they hurt, they boost their own cards ..
And if you destroy them, they have another one to save from graveyard...
And another fantastic cards.. (immortal) Morkvarg, Hjalmar which is much better then Tibor Eggebracht, Kambi which will detroy you, Clan Drummond Shieldmaiden(st9+ dmg6 = 15+), Savage Bear, ....and more.

(sorry for my enlish)

It's actually kind of amazing how quickly a deck of the patch grows to dominance in this game. Like in a day NG just vanished and switched to Skellige and a fair amount of Scoia'Spell.

Moridin2244;n8976250 said:
It's actually kind of amazing how quickly a deck of the patch grows to dominance in this game. Like in a day NG just vanished and switched to Skellige and a fair amount of Scoia'Spell.

Skellige has always been strong. But it seems to me somewhat popular, so it's getting stronger than the other factions.

4 games = Skellige (lost) - Skellige (connection lost, but I do not have a chance), Monsters.Dagon. (win) - Skellige (lost) ... :sad:

Skillege is Too Strong

They are the only deck that constitently beats me. Do they have any weakness? Or does anyone know how I can beat them?
​​​​

Next 4 games = Skellige (lost) - Scoiatel (win) - Nilfgaard (win) - Skellige (lost) :-D lool incredible Skellige!

Mystikast;n8976770 said:
They are the only deck that constitently beats me. Do they have any weakness? Or does anyone know how I can beat them?
​​​​

:-D NO, Skellige is winner deck....
I'm going to do the Skellige deck.

Mystikast;n8976770 said:
You actually have good chances th beat them playing NG spy but it's rarely easy

Mystikast;n8976770 said:
​​​​
When you make a deck against Skellige. You will be losing the others.

Spoorty;n8976930 said:
When you make a deck against Skellige. You will be losing the others.

But if there's more people playing skellige than other factions shouldn't you win more than you lose?

My ST Dwarf Deck does really well against SK, but it's designed to work around Savage Bears and keep them from injuring any of my units. Keeping the thinning and damage and strength of Maidens off the board is key.

rolandhsu;n8977000 said:
But if there's more people playing skellige than other factions shouldn't you win more than you lose?

You would have to win 100 percent games against Skellige. And you won 't win.

rolandhsu;n8977000 said:

Yesterday : 10 games - 7-8x Skellige
The day before : 50/50 ...

Spoorty;n8977180 said:
Yesterday : 10 games - 7-8x Skellige
The day before : 50/50 ...

What I meant was, if you are being matched with 7 out of 10 matches against skellige, you could take advantage of the situation by using a anti-SK deck. And you should win 7 out to 10 matches

Mystikast;n8976770 said:
​​​​

I have a Skellie deck I play here and there. My deck is not some spam/boost fest either. Completely clean of weather and boosting axe men. I have maybe one bear in there. My deck is based on discard and damage. The decks I run into trouble against is mostly Nilf. You have to be careful of what you use and what you discard.

The key to defeating Skellie are a number of options:

1. Use the graveyard against use. Dead bear in the graveyard? Resurrect it before anything else. Discarded Frea car? Use it. Queenesguard in there? Use it.

2. For the axe men, its easy to beat when using a NF deck with Mr. E as the leader card. I highly recommend using Treason. As soon as an axe man pops up, stop whatever play you were about to make and kill it. They may rez it. Kill it again. Same goes for any bears that pop up.

3. Heal your cards if you can. Any card that has damage is a wonderful thing for Shield Maidens.

4. Buffs, Buffs, Buffs. Using buffs on your cards causes my guys to do damage but not enough to kill them.

5. Use Renew. Skellie has some nasty gold cards. Use them against us.

6. Use Shackles. And make sure you have a spare lock card in your deck. Two lock cards put a kink in my play system.

ChaosPhantom819;n8977140 said:
My NR semi weather deck does pretty well against Skellige.

No offense, but, I don't be playing against you. I HATE people outside of Monsters who have to use weather in order to win. A bunch of good cards in the deck and you choose to use weather?!? (shakes head). Ugh!

I was playing Skellige before the update and the only thing that changed for me is savage bears. Yet Hunters are nerfed so it balances out.

It's funny how everyone was complaining that SK got nerfed hard before the patch hit and now it actually turns out they're still on top. Mork and res have been carrying Skellige since forever and I think it's limiting design space. Their own units are now regressing etc, so they're reasonably powered for resurrection, but the bear spawned from Bloodcurdling Roar is giving them a lot of power atm. It probably needs to be made doomed to avoid this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom