Infiltrator and Cynthia Need a Change

+
As the self-proclaimed unofficial Nilfgaard ambassador, under Emperor Emhyr var Emreis' wish, I hereby demand a change to both Infiltrator and Cynthia. After the most recent update, every faction now has many mulligans. That means that both aforementioned cards aren't performing as well as they were designed to. Letho of Gulet was given a new ability because of the mulligan change so why weren't those two changed? (I know Infiltrator's provision cost was lowered by 1 point)

Further reasoning for a Change to Cynthia: The card is 9 provisions. In my Emperor's mind, that is simply too high for the low disruption value that it gives.

Proposed Changes Conjured Up by Our Mages (Power/Provisions):

Infiltrator 3/6 - Order: Boost an ally by this unit's power then shuffle self into your opponent's deck. (Basically the same thing, but better)

Infiltrator 1/4- Spying - When your opponent passes, move this unit to your side.
(Can be combo'd with units like Rainfarn and Nilfgaardian Knight)

Infiltrator 1/5 - Spying - On enemy turn end, swap the power of this unit with the unit to the right.
(Triggers like Cow Carcass, supports damage cards and possibly units like Cahir and Masters of Disguise.)

Cynthia 6/8 - Same ability but the Guardian is 2 power instead of 4.

Cynthia 5/9 - Deploy/Melee: Spawn the Guardian on the opposite row. The Guardian 4 power - Every turn, damage the highest unit on this side by 2.
(Basically imitating that the Golem is fighting for Cynthia)

Cynthia 2/8 - Spying - Deploy: Spawn the Guardian on the opposite side. The Guardian: 8 power.

Infiltrator is probably fine since it's a 4 body for 4p capable of making mulligans more complicated. If the opponent pulls it on the initial draws they will probably wish to mulligan it in favor of a better card. If they do not pull it on the initial draws they risk using a mulligan and pulling it, which means using another to toss it. Even if they don't pull it initially or after the first mulligan they may be apprehensive about using the second mulligan, for fear of pulling it. If any of that makes sense.

With that said... I like your ideas. In particular the spy options. I'm undecided on the orders suggestion. That could be a buff or a nerf, depending on how you look at it. Blocking stuff like blood thirst comes to mind, as does laying down 6 value. Orders would make it experience great suffering, however. Granted, it may be good bait to keep engines alive.

Cynthia could probably use some love. So again, I'd agree completely. I wasn't aware anyone actually used it in it's current state. The first and third options seem more reasonable. The second could be kind of broken :). It could work if removing Cynthia stopped the Golem ability though. Of course, that might be too weak.

rrc

Forum veteran
Every faction has a 4 provision card which bring 4 points on deploy. Most of the cards would bring only 4 points, just as a filler cards (except for Nekker Warrior). But they are not just No Ability cards. They can have some use in some scenario. Werewolf is Immune, can make a couple of Spear charges go waste. Nilfguard has Infiltrator and Alchemist. Both bring 4 points to table with some additional nuances. Infiltrator *can* disrupt enemy mulligans and Alchemist *can* make Master of Disguise powerful (or save you from rot tosser). I know, it is very small, but that is all they are. 4 points 4 provision with a small additional caveat. NR has Blue Scout Stripes which can synergize with Commandos otherwise, it is just 4 on 4 and Kaedwini Cavalry. Same. In some rare cases they bring more value otherwise just 4. ST has Dragoons which can bring a lot of values if opponent plays a row locked unit, otherwise, just 4 on 4 and Farseer which is almost always 4 on 4 filler. SK doesn't have any such cards which bring 4 on 4 with additional benefits (most of their 4 provision engines or synergize with some archetype and can potentially give more values than 4 on deploy - potentially)

So, I think in CDPR's mind, bringing 4 points to table should be the least for any units. If some one plays a 4 points card on deploy with no synergy at all, it is the least they can do. So, Infiltrator is fine IMO.

Your first suggestion for Cyntia violates the above mentioned points. 2 points is just too low and completely unacceptable. May be her base power should be increased or her provision decreased.

Your second suggestion is cool, but it makes her very weak (contrary to RestlessDingo's opinion). She brings 1 point on deploy and needs 4 turns to break even. But in a long round, this would be devastating as most of the lock units lock only the enemy units. This is a cool idea, but the Golem should be row locked. A better balance would be Cynthia : 6/8: Ranged: Spawn Guardian on the opposite row. Guardian: 2 power. Ranged. On every allied turn on turn end damage a random ally by 1. She brings 5 points on table and can potentially tick +1 every round. The opponent also has some chance to handle it.

Your third option makes her a 6 point card with 8 provision (which can, may be, synergize with Spy archetype), but still too weak. Also, 8 point guardian makes a valid target for tall-unit-killing-units too.

Infiltrator 1/4- Spying - When your opponent passes, move this unit to your side.
I'd really love to see such a unit included in the game, even if Infiltrator stays as he is.

Cynthia 5/9 - Deploy/Melee: Spawn the Guardian on the opposite row. The Guardian 4 power - Every turn, damage the highest unit on this side by 2.
Sounds absolutly broken to me, against decks that can neither lock nor damage allies.

I’ve had someone forfeit on me because they drew my infiltrator last round then when I played cantarella I drew their dryad lol. Infaltrator feels fine to me

Top Bottom