Infinite loading screen after beating the champion of "Fists of Fury: Champion of Champions"

+
Infinite loading screen after beating the champion of "Fists of Fury: Champion of Champions"

Short story. After I beat the champion of the "Fists of Fury: Champion of Champions" quest I'm stuck at inifnite loading screen.

I have never installed any mods.
I have recently updated the game thourhg GOG Galaxy client.
No console, dev tools etc have been ever used.

This is completly digital version of the game bought at GOG.

The infinite loading screen happens everytime (well, tried 3 times before I've given up).

Try validating your installation through GOG. If that doesn't fix the issue, send a save game into CDPR Tech Support.

Have you seen this happen with any other quests?

Try validating your installation through GOG. If that doesn't fix the issue, send a save game into CDPR Tech Support.

Have you seen this happen with any other quests?
Never before encountered such bug in W3.

Repairing did not help (however helped with another bug).

More encouragement to send a saved game into CDPR Support.

In the meantime, try the following:

0.) Disable all overlay features through Steam / GOG.

1.) Be sure you're Frame Limit is set to 60 or 30.

2.) Toggle Vsync on/off.

3.) Ensure your power settings for both Windows and GPU are set to "Maximum Performance".

4.) Be sure all GPU Control Panel for witcher3.exe settings are set to "Use the 3D application setting".

5.) Try updating / rolling back drivers.

Last edited:
Anyone have an update to this problem? I have the same thing happening (Win10). Even tried the save on another computer (Win7). Fists of Fury: Champion of Champions" beat the quest and stuck at an infinite loading screen.

I really don't know what could be causing it. I'm thinking it's either drivers or Windows security. You can try updating / rolling back your drivers. If you have the game installed under either Program Files or Program Files(x86), you can move the entire Steam / GOG installation directory to the root of the drive.

Sound files can also create issues if the playback is too far out of range. Ensure your set to 24-bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality).

I'm firing blindly, though. Is there any more info anyone can provide on how / when it started happening?

I've tried several things and I run a computer company so I troubleshoot incompatibilities like this for a living. Since it happened on two systems (Win10 and Win 7) and the second system was a new install I have little hope system changes will be a fix. I think some cut-scenes work differently in that the game expects some variable(s) to available but it's not or can't get to it under certain circumstances. I still have a few ideas I'll try but I wanted to see if the OP (or any one else) had a solution since it is the exact same problem.

KJW46

The game is both very demanding and very particular. I've not had any crashing / hanging issues myself, and I've managed to get it running on an ASUS RoG G71 and a custom-built desktop rig without any major issues. But both of those were clean -- I stripped them down and configured Windows for pure gaming functionality. I did help a friend with crashing, but that was due to a mixture of security software creating startup issues and OC creating game crashes, so it was an easy fix. All I know is, I've completed multiple playthroughs, so there's nothing inherently wrong with the game. It is quirky, though. (I still get a bald Roach from time to time, even though that issue seems resolved for everyone else on the planet. So...my horse molts. *Shrugs.*)

I would recommend talking to CDPR Support about it. Try to briefly flesh out a few of your ideas and see what they say.

Top Bottom