Infinite Loading Screen on start (Gwent) [FIXED!]

+
If I start Gwent I end up on the loading screen with Ciri and Geralt and it keeps loading infinitely. Thronebreaker works fine.

I had the same problem in PTR after my game crashed once. I couldn't get back into the PTR due to the same problem. No fix worked so far.

If I start Gwent I end up on the loading screen with Ciri and Geralt and it keeps loading infinitely.

I had the same problem in PTR after my game crashed once. I couldn't get back into the PTR due to the same problem. No fix worked so far. Windows 10

As par I know for this new gwent you need to open gog app. 1st. I found this thing while playing PTR.

If GOG is closed then game will keep loading. Old gwent automatically starts the galaxycommunication process . This one seems not.

Okay guys, good news, I got it working thanks to sirah from discord:

a found a fix for that

C:\Users***\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED\Gwent <-- delete that folder.

You need to enable invisible folders but a quick google should tell you how to do that.

Its running fine for me now!

Just downloaded Gwent Homecoming patch and now I cannot get past the loading screen with Geralt and Ciri. It just says "Loading" forever in the bottom right hand corner. I restarted my computer, closed and reopened GOG, signed out and back into GOG, tried running as administrator. Nothing so far has worked. Any ideas for how I can get in would be helpful.

Thanks,

I can't run Gwent on my PC (Windows 7) after homecoming update. I'm stuck on loading screen. On my other laptop (Windows 10) everything works fine.

I have the same issue. I have the Geralt and Ciri infinite loading screen issue as well.
I have re-installed the game three times. I have played around with my firewall settings, with
the only response being *connection open & allowed*. I have changed which hard drive I completed
the installation on. Yet the same issue persists.

The main point of confusion was it worked fin last night after work, I was able to complete the tutorial and
re-craft all my cards. How ever today after work this issue. If anyone has anything else to suggest I would
highly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi CD Projekt Red,

Thank you for making an amazing game. I played in the PTR and loved it! I loaded up the new HC version, re-built my cards and played a game. However from yesterday I have suffered from an infinite loading screen bug.

My question is, are you aware of this issue and is there a chance that a Hot Fix is incoming?

Thank you for your time, and your game. I truly do love it, I just wish I could play it.

Hello, Gwent is stuck continuously in the startup screen with Geralt and Ciri. I have tried reinstalling Gwent, verifying etc but nothing works. I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance!

I had that issue and that's what I have done to fix it.
1. Update windows
2. Update your graphics driver
3. Restart your router
I hope it's gonna work for you.

Top Bottom