Information on the Slaughterhouse

+
Information on the Slaughterhouse

Is there any other information out there outside of the Night CIty Sourcebook?

Please tell us they make it into 2077. I picture animations of stabbing and cutting off limbs with machine like precision with the technique of a surgeon and the primitive nature of a butcher. I can picture myself taking that gang to the top of Night City against all the odds. With the Slaughterhouse, I really really like my chances.

The gangs are fascinating, I really hope they focus on the gangs.

So all this is literally canon? Slaughterhouse doesn't live in Night City anymore? Next to an NCPD precinct?

I'm gathering that they are now in control of most of the Combat Zone? The part about them being mostly African American needs to change into a more diverse set of races, hope we can change that up in the game because I like their style. I had no idea they were mostly pro-black. I pictured something else entirely in my head while reading the Night City Sourcebook, nowhere near what I had in mind.

The bottom says it was written by you however? If so, I do not agree that the Slaughterhouse should be mostly African Americans. What I had in mind about the Slaughterhouse was a futuristic version of Bill The Butcher from Gangs of New York with hardcore gang tactics built off of the prison culture. In my mind I pictured Slaughterhouse as a brand, Influenced heavily by the Serbian Black Hand, the Aryan Brotherhood, Mexican Drug Cartels, etc.

Nothing in my mind about Slaughterhouse said anything about them originating from the Bloods.

I'm going to spend all night reading about these gangs. I appreciate the creativity behind it.

Alot of what you see in Datafortress is built on the splatbooks. So yeah it's not officially licensed material, but it's still very detailed and pretty doggone awesome. Wisdom has done alot for the fans of this pen and paper rpg over the years. Not only has he written alot of files, but he's received permission to archive many. Datafortress is like a one stop shop to fulfill all your cyberpunk needs. Wisdom is the authority on all things cyberpunk.

I agree, he has put a lot of work into it.

As for the lore on the Slaughterhouse, I believe it should be more true to the Night City Sourcebook. Which clearly says on page 65 that they are the most dangerous and powerful gang.

Me, being Filipino would have to join the Yellow Moon Society. That name doesn't sound intimidating at all..... lolololol.... So the race thing threw me off, I know IRL races segregate themselves and all. Those are the gangs I would stay away from, ones that are race based instead of skill based. Where it takes a special set of skills to join a certain gang.

The Slaughterhouse deserves a re-write Mr. Wisdom000, with all due respect of course.

I just feel it should be given more justice than having beginning origins as Bloods. <---Not really my cup of tea. =)

**Edit: Whew, saw that it wasn't canon. To which I am relieved. Great work, however, I believe Slaughterhouse is a lot more dangerous and deserves more respect.

The gangs are fascinating, I really hope they focus on the gangs.

So all this is literally canon? Slaughterhouse doesn't live in Night City anymore? Next to an NCPD precinct?

I'm gathering that they are now in control of most of the Combat Zone? The part about them being mostly African American needs to change into a more diverse set of races, hope we can change that up in the game because I like their style. I had no idea they were mostly pro-black. I pictured something else entirely in my head while reading the Night City Sourcebook, nowhere near what I had in mind.

The bottom says it was written by you however? If so, I do not agree that the Slaughterhouse should be mostly African Americans. What I had in mind about the Slaughterhouse was a futuristic version of Bill The Butcher from Gangs of New York with hardcore gang tactics built off of the prison culture. In my mind I pictured Slaughterhouse as a brand, Influenced heavily by the Serbian Black Hand, the Aryan Brotherhood, Mexican Drug Cartels, etc.

Nothing in my mind about Slaughterhouse said anything about them originating from the Bloods.

I'm going to spend all night reading about these gangs. I appreciate the creativity behind it.

None of it is canon.

Most of the gangs in the Combat Zone are divided along racial lines... just like a vast majority of the gangs in real life.

The Bloods are one of the oldest and most dangerous gangs in LA, the only real connection is that the leadership of Slaughterhouse used to be members.

The Bloods were pushed out of their original turd by the police working with organized crime groups, because they were getting too big and powerful. When they ended up in what would be the Combat Zone they immediately took over the most prized and contentious piece of real estate in the hood., their turd may be a bit smaller than Stomp Street, however teh Blood are the largest, and most powerful gang in the Combat Zone. Their turf is full of high rise tenements, which they have taken over completely.

If that doesn't say dangerous and powerful and menacing, then your priorities are whack.

The Slaughterhouse deserves a re-write Mr. Wisdom000, with all due respect of course.

I just feel it should be given more justice than having beginning origins as Bloods. <---Not really my cup of tea. =)

**Edit: Whew, saw that it wasn't canon. To which I am relieved. Great work, however, I believe Slaughterhouse is a lot more dangerous and deserves more respect.

Sorry you don't like it. Then again, it wasn't really written with anyone but my gaming group in mind. I wrote what made sense to me, and what I felt was awesome. It's not to everyone's taste. That can't be helped.

However if you think it needs to be re-written, then I guess you better start writing. But I am not going to change my writing to suit your desires.

Not meaning to sound rude, just saying. I have been doing this for free for over 15 years. At the core of anything I write, its to reflect what happens in my own games. And this is how it stays on my site. The gang is a pretty integral part of my game world as is.

I made them bigger and badder and far more dangerous than they were in the book. I n the book they controlled little more than a block, in my game they control a huge turf, and outside of Maelstrom are the most feared gang in the Zone. Maelstrom is only feared more because they are bloody crazy and live only to fight. Slaughterhouse is in it for power.

Edit: And these are just the gangs in the Combat Zone. Not every gang got pushed there, jsut the more out of control ones like the Blaood Razors, Maelstrom, and the Slaughterhouse.

The rest of the city is full of gangs, and they will be detailed as I write the guide for the rest of the 108 districts.

The Yellow Moon Society isn't the only asian gang, it's just the only dominant one in the Zone. It's made up mostly of outcasts from the other asian gangs in the rest of the city.

And there are plenty of gangs even in the zone, for whom race is not an issue.

Shrapnel, Hard 8, Walking Dead, Dead Zoners, Zone Rats, Digital Renegades, Bushido, Maelstrom...

In fact, really Slaughterhouse, Yellow Moon, The Orphans, The Saracens, and Stomp are the only major race based gangs in the Zone.

Edit 2: I placed the edit in the wrong place, made the read really confusing, sorry bout that. Fixed now.

I didn't say your version of the Slaughterhouse was weak, my only problem with it was being almost made entirely of African Americans and making it hard for other races to rise to the top. Which isn't "impossible," but I'd rather be with a gang that is diverse. That is it. I just don't want the most powerful and dangerous gang to have the same "fashion" as yesterday's baggy pants and 90's gangster style. When I think of bloods, I think of lil wayne and I HATE LIL WAYNE.

Most of the gangs in the Combat Zone are divided along racial lines... just like a vast majority of the gangs in real life.

The Bloods are one of the oldest and most dangerous gangs in LA, the only real connection is that the leadership of Slaughterhouse used to be members.

Please tell me the only "real" connection to bloods is in what you have written and not canon.

They are one of the oldest yes, dangerous, not as much. The Mexicans/Southsiders have taken over Los Angeles. IRL, yes gangs are segregated racially. Which is exactly why I would NOT join the Slaughterhouse if they were strictly Bloods and African Americans. Their culture and style does not appeal to me.

What did appeal to me is the description of them in the Night City Sourcebook.

http://datafortress2020.oliwy.net/nightcity/combatzone/czgangs.html

You wanna be scared... read Maelstrom... particularly the bit about the psychos in the nursery....

LUL, you made the Maelstrom way too cool. You made them sound like they were thee MOST dangerous & violent gang even more so than the Slaughterhouse. Also you gave them all the cool cyberpunk pics while Slaughterhouse looked like generic thugs.

So you can imagine the disappointment in my face at the way Slaughterhouse was represented in your work. Just Saying.

Now, if only we can get Mike Pondsmith in here to tell us what is canon about the gangs of Night City.

Isn't the Slaughterhouse mostly cutting weapons? In an age of cybernetic heat-seeking missiles? Yeah.

Cutting weapons yes, its primitive I know which is what I like.

To a person that uses stealth by killing people one by one opposed to killing like a drone and roleplays as a hardened criminal everytime down, yes, that was extremely appealing.

LUL, you made the Maelstrom way too cool. You made them sound like they were thee MOST dangerous & violent gang even more so than the Slaughterhouse. Also you gave them all the cool cyberpunk pics while Slaughterhouse looked like generic thugs.

So you can imagine the disappointment in my face at the way Slaughterhouse was represented in your work. Just Saying.

Now, if only we can get Mike Pondsmith in here to tell us what is canon about the gangs of Night City.

Yeah, that's cause Maelstrom is much cooler than Slaughterhouse. Everyone knows that. Hell Maelstrom even got miniatures. Hell even The Bozo's got miniatures for groks sake... you know who never got miniatures, because in the book they weren't cool enough.... that's right, Slaughterhouse. Because they were chumps.

Also, I knew they were your favorite gang... so I did everything I could to make them less cool in your eyes. They use guns now, they look like thugs, act like thugs, all because I knew you wanted them to be more like Maelstrom... the true booster gang.

I guess now you have to write your own sourcebook, and put it up on your own site.

Oh, and I asked Mark Ponds, who is not Mike Pondsmith, but his name sounds kinda similar, about Slaughterhouse, and he said in my next sourcebook I should make them all wear tutu's and have them get beat up by a Star Trek poser gang. I think I am gonna do that.

I did, too. While hating them. I loved the idea of a psychotic, murderous cyber enhanced group of clowns with a penchant for genius tricks. And I hated they put it in my Cyberpunk.

I always figured the Slaughterhouse must recruit frequently, given their methods and environment.

Blood Razors still the classic, though. Hack Man 4 Ever.

Well, I tend to see the Slaughterhouse as being a bit too similar to the Blood Razors (only more extreme) so making them partially race-based gives them a bit more of a proper identity. It also makes sense they would be the product of a split-up in a larger gang, with the more violent members joining the Slaughterhouse side.

I like them, as they are really into cutting people up and that's scary but I don't buy them as a major player. For me they are just too violent, unsubtle and psychotic and that works against them. They really are the worst of the worst, so anytime they try to make a move just about everyone piles on them.

Exactly why I love this gang. Its the most serious gang in the city so yes with proper leadership (the player) can take the gang to new heights. Of course, it shouldn't be easy getting to the top of the gang.

I do not want this gang to be race based. They have their own identity, the most violent, dangerous, and they don't remind me of the Blood Razors at all, okay well maybe a little. Still, I like the Slaughterhouse Brand name better and the picture attached in the Night City Sourcebook DOES NOT remind me of bloods IRL. I wouldn't want that in my cyberpunk. Even the Sourcebook says they need better leadership, otherwise they'd be a powerhouse. They're not a guardian gang so they are true criminal boosters through and through.

In Solo Of Fortune part 1, the modern street gang, great ideas for ganger gameplay btw... Also it says each gang has its own signature hardware. Whatever signature hardware the Slaughterhouse has, I want it and I'll never replace it.

The Gang Rank skill is also intriguing.

Top Bottom