Ingame Provision Cost tracker

+
Before Homecoming, counting cards played not a little role in Gwent. With a fixed number of max. Silver and Gold cards, you could count them and know, if the enemy didn't have any of them left in his deck, such that you knew for certain that certain types of cards couldn't appear anymore and you could adjust your gameplan.
For example if the enemy had no silvers left there couldn't be any more Scorch in general, or with no gold no Villen or Gigni. If you played weather, you could wait until the enemy had played their weather clear mage or all their silvers to increase the chance of it not being cleared anymore.

In Homecoming that isn't that easy anymore, because of the provision costs instead of clear card type limits. Of course it is possible to add the provision values by looking at a card database, but that takes quite a lot of time and a piece of paper, because you can't keep track of all the numbers in your had. And before some external trackers start to appear, I would really like, if in casual and ranked games the remaining provision of the cards in deck and hand together would be displayed below the enemy, assuming he used the limit of 165. Thus, a bit of precognition would still be possible.

What do you think about that?

Additional as @4RM3D suggested:
1. Banished cards should appear in the graveyard greyed out.
2. When inspecting the graveyard, it shows the provision costs at the top.
3. When you click on your deck, you can see the cards remaining therein.

Last edited:
1. Banished cards should appear in the graveyard greyed out.
2. When inspecting the graveyard, it shows the provision costs at the top.
3. When you click on your deck, you can see the cards remaining therein.
I agree but I have some concerns with point 3, because a lot of players would assume for sure that the displayed card order is the real one. So there would be a note necessary that the does not represent the real card order.

Seeing how they made the row point counters optional, I would love if they would also include the Provisions played from hand.

This would be more advanced, but counting how many provisions your opponent has played from their original starting deck would be a good way of tracking the flow of the game.

I know certain cards can be cloned, played again from graveyard etc, but of course that is on the player to track.

While there are no deck trackers yet for this game, I think something like this would be a helpful statistic that you could just add to the side -- again, maybe have it hidden by default for newer players.

A minor thing, that could easily be included in the UI as an option.

Again, this could create problems of revealing if a card they played was not in their starting deck (even though you can track which cards are being played if you watch their hand), so I understand there are issues with this idea.

Top Bottom